Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psalm 109 July 31st

+3
DunNo
jaake kwon
James
7 posters

Go down

Psalm 109 July 31st Empty Psalm 109 July 31st

Post  James Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:15 am

Sleeping over at Joseph Lee's, so that we can go to VBS on wednesday tomorrow together, so I'm gonna do it now, technically its a new day anyways, aha Smile

28: They may curse, but you will bless;
when they attack they will be put to shame.

I feel as if evildoers and our enemies are our problems and God is our shrink.
If we would ever feel down, we'd revert back to God, looking for a solution or possibly demanding for a reason to why things happen.
But we must remain faithful, as He has plans for everything and for everyone.
He's like a haven for me when I'm struggling with spiritual warfare or anything else.
He wants us so badly. He tugs and tugs for us for us to come closer to Him.
Another visual, just like a tug-o-war.
God's might defeats and crushes the Devil's.
No match for His glory.
But it's something I have to keep close to my heart, whenever I lose abit of my faith, or in my faith slump Razz
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Psalm 109 July 31st Empty Re: Psalm 109 July 31st

Post  jaake kwon Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:16 pm

26 Help me, Lord my God;
save me according to your unfailing love.
27 Let them know that it is your hand,
that you, Lord, have done it.
31 For he stands at the right hand of the needy,
to save their lives from those who would condemn them.
------------------------------------------------------------
I really had a hard time going through passages like this, cuz growing up, I've always had a concept of not praying to God to condemn others, you know what I mean? There were a couple passages that mention how you should not judge others, and leave that to God. Well anyway, I've got a couple things I got to offer to the table.

The kind of record we want to keep while we're living our life on earth, we have to keep in mind that being a Christian isn't really a VIP pass. It's actually a title that lowers ourselves to serve others, because others chose to have a more "free" and "self beneficial" lifestyle. When we try to spread the word, we can't really do it easily right? What do we say? "Hey, you know God saved you? Wanna live a humble life to acknowledge him?" The most common answer, would've been; "No."

Generally, our life is just built to have crap thrown on us, for generally believing in a historical artifact written for a long era 2000 years ago. Most people don't even acknowledge and notice that the Bible was written by multiple people. Most people would just say "It was written by Jesus." and just pass it off as a book to praise one's self. It's pretty cold, how in that case, the thing we're expected to do "is give our other cheek."

When we're going to live this life, we have to acknowledge that people will step on us. When that happens, we have to realize that whatever amount of hate we have on us, it could never amount to how much love JESUS has for us. So when we have some kind of despair moment, we're not exiled for whatever reason, we always have at least one person that would be there to comfort and teach us the right thing, forever.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:43 am

sorry guys, the psalms in recent aren't giving me much. just personally, i'm not getting as much as I may have before, or should be. my apologies
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:55 am

This chapter just gives me inspirtation. To see his faith towards god even through the worst of situations make me feel as though I can trust in god through thick and thin aswell. I hope I can have such a strong relationship with god. But that is all I got for this chapter today. Night all!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:35 pm

So soory I couldn't post yesterday!
I fell asleep right when I came home.....

Verse 28
"They may curse, but you will bless; when they attack, they will be put to shame."

I say that this verse was the one that was the most powerful to me.
Having a Christian life is not easy. As said in one of the services on Sunday, we must not just act as a Christian only at church, but be one everyday. there are so many obstacles to overcome. Hardships, discouragement, doubt, etc. Some end up giving up and start loosing their faith. Others will end up learning from God and become even closer to Him. But everything that comes in your path is another test to help us grow, learn, and understand. He protects us always; we are never alone. So like in verse 28, he blesses us and guards us from evil.

~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:16 am

A verse that struck out to me were verses 6-7

Verse 6 "Set thou a wicked man over him ad let Satan stand at his right hand."
Verse 7 "When he shall be judged,let him be condemned an let his prayer become sin."

these 2 verses are just very harsh. But these are the ones who rejection God. THe ones that didnt accept God's open hands. God gave everyone a chance, but he cant wait for you forever. Once youur in hell it isover. Whatever you do, Whatever you may say, it is over. once in hell you cannot come out. God gave all of a chance and when we had the chance we should have taken his hand. If those who rejected him dont accept himm they will be sent to hell and whatever they pray or however they repent would all be in vain and God wouldnt listen.

This is what i go.
gnite
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:15 am

I love them, but they try to destroy me with accusations
even as I am praying for them! (Psalm 109:4 NLT)

Guys it's always important to remember that praying and showing kindness to everyone does not necessarily mean that everyone will be grateful for it!
Don't get upset if someone doesn't act like they appreciate your acts of kindness! Just keep up the good work and stay strong!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down