Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psalm 105 July 25

+5
James
Esther
Audrey Jong
jaake kwon
Kevin
9 posters

Go down

Psalm 105 July 25 Empty Psalm 105 July 25

Post  Kevin Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:43 am

Guys, we don't always need you to tell us what the chapter was about...
Instead of saying "This chapter was about this and that", expand on it.
That's not what the majority of your devotions should consist of...
Tell us how it reflects to us, how it can be applied to us.
Otherwise, you're just restating everything it is we just read.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Psalm 105 July 25 Empty Re: Psalm 105 July 25

Post  jaake kwon Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:24 am

8 He remembers his covenant forever,
the promise he made, for a thousand generations,
9 the covenant he made with Abraham,
the oath he swore to Isaac.
---------------------------------------------------
this verse really makes me want to talk about how WE SEE the Bible. I don't know about you guys, but my initial thought (and to be honest, that thought still lingers, ) was that the Bible was OLD, OUTDATED, and RELIC...and it's really sad that I would think that other people have that thought as a STRONG OPINION at the moment. the Bible ISN'T an old history book that has been written 2000 years ago. it's NEWS that has even CAUGHT UP WITH TODAY. it lists almost all the issues that's been going on in the world, and it's shameful really; how WE never LEARN from it, as a NATION, and MOVE ON to bigger questions..

I guess this can be one of the few reasons that pastors and bishops always motivate "SHARING THE GOSPEL", since what we're trying to do is try to stop ourselves from running circles, and actually progress in our spiritual life, NOT ONLY INDIVIDUALLY, but WITH THE WHOLE WORLD.

on a side note, sorry about yesterday guys, really irresponsible of me to break a promise.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:36 pm

Verse 12-15:
"when there were but few in number, few indeed ........ He allowed no one to oppress them; for their sake he rebuked kings: 'do not touch my anointed ones; do my prophets no harm.'."

I found that this verse was the most powerful to me.
I'm going to put these certain verses into two parts to explain why I found this the most meaningful.

"when they were but few in number, few indeed......"
even when many others were not followers of God, very few chose to stay on he path with God.

"he allowed no one to oppress them; for their sake he rebuked kings: 'Do not touch my anointed ones; do my prophets no harm.'."
The few people who believed in the Lord were greatly protected by Him. Even Kings did not mean anything compared to his children. As the children of God, we must have no fear knowing that the Lord is watching over us and protecting us all the time. When we follow God's instructions, anything can happen. like in the story of David and the Golliath. The children of God can take a big, huge giant.

~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:18 pm

OHOHOHOHO DONE MY EXAM. WOOOOOOOPWOOP. PARTYING PARTYING YEAH.
CELEEEEBRATE GOOD TIMES COME ON!

8 He always stands by his covenant—
the commitment he made to a thousand generations.

Hmm.. isn't that something. He made us, and has been around literally since the beginning of time... or before it.
He's made promises that he keeps throughout the years. Thousands of generations.

Basically, what I think is that we need to be patient when we feel like he isn't answering our prayers or helping us because he's always helping us (Footsteps in the Sand stuff, ahlie?).
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  James Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:09 am

just signed in at my day camp, staying over the night, will be sure to post tomorrow!
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:33 am

Verse 4
"Seek the Lord, and his strenth seek hi sface evermore"
We are lucky to praiseGod, so we should always take the oppourtunity to meet him, talk to him, bond with him and more. We shouldnt only sek God when we are having hard times or in need of something, we should always be WANTING to see him, speak to him, feel his presence and rely on his strength forever.

goes onto verse 5
"Remember his marvelous works that he hath done his wonders, and the judgmets of his mouth"
Godhas performedmany miracles, we should have undoubtful faith in him, but alot of us beleive wth our sense, to see, to feel, to hear, just like Thomas did. he wouldnt believe that jesus was alive until he actually saw him.

gnite
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:40 am

the Lord tested Joseph’s character.
This line stuck out to me because it helped me realize that god doesn't test our character so he can see how far we can stretch ourselves. He already knows that. He tests our character because we have to figure ourselves out and through hardships, find the gifts god has given us. This was always a question of mine. If god knows what will happen and god knows everything, why doesn't he just skip to the end? He doesn't skip to the end because we can't do that ourselves. God leads us through various events in our lives to shape us into the people he wants us to be when we come into the kingdom of heaven. That is all! Night y'all Wink
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:49 am

43 He brought out his people with rejoicing,
his chosen ones with shouts of joy;

I also didn't get too much from today's passage, but this one verse stuck out to me. Really makes me think about God's grace, and how we've been blessed by his salvation. This chapter was about the struggles that God's people went through before God extended his full blessing. But once they were saved, God's love and grace was limitless. In similar ways, even though I might have to go through a long period of suffering and trials, I know that in the end, salvation will be waiting.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:52 am

i havent prasied in so long... -_- feel so down in faith.
maybe thats why im not getting anything from these chapters. hopefully after this week i will.
-_- gnight.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:11 am

3 Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.

My devotions gonna be quite simple.
I realized, I haven't been really looking for God. I've been expecting him to just show up lately.
I haven't been putting in as much effort as I should be putting, so that I can see God
Only then, only when we seek God, will we feel happiness.
It's all about getting that sudden desire to want to find God, to know him.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  James Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:51 pm

Doing devotions at overnight at a day camp isn't exactly the most comfortable place to meditate upon the word..

42: For he remembered his holy promise given to his servant Abraham.

Lately, I've been struggling with the next leap in my walk of faith.
The bible offers so much evidence, Abraham's covenant, Noah's, and most importantly, ours.
I know for a fact that that God will guide us towards the hardships and reward us in the end.
But a part of me pulls me back.
I find myself reverting back to the 'what ifs'
what if this, what if that.
I just don't see the bigger picture, that's what I'm struggling with.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down