Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my devotions..

Go down

my devotions.. Empty my devotions..

Post  samuelchung Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:45 pm

what i read: 2 Chronicles 15
what i learned: well this is where king Asa is put into power, and this story is very similar to the one in 2 kings. what happens is king Asa is put into power and he is fully committed to God. he tears down the gods and the alters for the foreign gods and he builds the alters for the Lord once again. he even took his grandmother out of power because she was a big pain in the butt in regards to tearing down the gods. it says in verse 17: "Although he did not remove the high places from Israel, Asa's heart was fully committed to the LORD all his life." Later, he goes and asks for help from Ben-haded a foreign country to help himi against Israel. what happens is the seer named Hanani said to him: "Because you relied on the king of Aram and not on the LORD your God, the army of the king of Aram has escaped from your hand. 8 Were not the Cushites [b] and Libyans a mighty army with great numbers of chariots and horsemen [c] Yet when you relied on the LORD, he delivered them into your hand. 9 For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. You have done a foolish thing, and from now on you will be at war."
What i am going to do about it: i found i make the same mistake as king Asa all the time, i want to be fully committed to God, but when problems arise, i find i go to others for advice. when tough times come, i always want the help from others and i keep forgetting the most important God who will take care of me! soooo, here is the lesson for me that i must remember from here on in, that i must trust God first in all things, especially when things get tough. it is so easy to talk to friends, but they cannot do the things that God can do, all they can do is listen, but God can do something about it!

samuelchung
minion

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Back to top Go down