Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sorry for not doing this, i have been doing my devotions though!

Go down

sorry for not doing this, i have been doing my devotions though! Empty sorry for not doing this, i have been doing my devotions though!

Post  samuelchung Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:14 am

hey guys,
sorry i haven't sent my devos, i have been doing them, just haven't had the time to send them, here is today's i need to run again, but i'm going to at least send todays!

what i read: 2 Chronicles 13
what i learned: well, the upper kingdom is trying to go to war with the lower kingdom (Judah), and it is interesting, because the king of Judah at the time is Abijah, and he makes some strong comments that rung in my heart. the king of the Northern kingdom states he wants to go to war, but Abijah states to the king on Jeroboam and his kingdom had turned away from God and then he states: 10 "As for us, the LORD is our God, and we have not forsaken him. The priests who serve the LORD are sons of Aaron, and the Levites assist them. 11 Every morning and evening they present burnt offerings and fragrant incense to the LORD. They set out the bread on the ceremonially clean table and light the lamps on the gold lampstand every evening. We are observing the requirements of the LORD our God. But you have forsaken him. 12 God is with us; he is our leader. His priests with their trumpets will sound the battle cry against you. Men of Israel, do not fight against the LORD, the God of your fathers, for you will not succeed." i like how he comments `fo you will not succeed`. Abijah`s confidence in the Lord is so strong. what ends up happening is Jeroboam does try to go to war, they actually attack from the front and the back, with more armies than Abijah, but the Lord delivers Jeroboam into Abijah`s hands and the southern kingdom is victorious.
what i am going to do: it is interesting, that i find myself when i am in trouble, that i don`t have the same confidencce that Abijah has in the Lord, and it made me start to think that i need to have more confidence in my God who is so powerful! amen!
sam

samuelchung
minion

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Back to top Go down