Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hommies its wed-nes-day!!

+2
JacobPk
Isaac
6 posters

Go down

hommies its wed-nes-day!! Empty hommies its wed-nes-day!!

Post  Isaac Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:40 pm

BEST SLEEP EVER!!! i watched the show "dexter" (which is amazing) til 1 am and slept in sooo much!!!

I like this chapter because it shows us how we should all be living AND how we should not be living. Knowing whats wrong and not whats right can be confusing at times...I dont think i need to reiterate what Paul is saying or what it means (because its so straight forward) but here is my "random thought of the day":
The word "barbarians" meant those who did not speak Greek. To civilized peopole of that day, their languages sounded like a stammering repetition of the same syllables- bar bar bar bar - hence barbarian. Same with the "Scythians".
Cool fact no? Food for thought!!!

I mention this because it says "no greek or jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, bar barian, scythian, lave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all. Jesus doesnt discriminate. And neither should we... To be honest, i discriminate a lot.... LIKE A LOT... (ask mike, wait dont ask him)... Mainly for kicks but i guess it doesnt matter
Mad
Thats what i got out of this chapter!!!
Also the "Rules for the Christian Households" does it still apply to this day and age? Like wives submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord?
Im sure it can mean something else but literally it means "GET BACK TO THE KITCHEN!!!! WOMEN!!"
Also i think when it talks about slaves and being good to your master, it can apply to our bosses or future bosses. In the end we are all "slaves" to someone and it says here we should try our best regardless of whos watching us.

Any who... hope you guys/ gals had a great wed-nes-day! Im excited for saturday!!! FINALLY sams getting married. Hes getting old and frail...
E-sak
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

hommies its wed-nes-day!! Empty Re: hommies its wed-nes-day!!

Post  Isaac Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:43 pm

p.s this is my 50th post... im the first one to get there and probably most of you will take a while to get here... i feel like a loser.... i spend way to much time on this reading all your devos... i need a life...
Isaac - 50 posts
Roh - 30
Dennis - 23
Steven - 21
Jacob - 18
Cathy - 14
Mike - 11
Allan - 10
Judo man??? is that sam? yea it is! ahaha judo man... - 1
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

hommies its wed-nes-day!! Empty PA DAY FRIDAY

Post  JacobPk Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:05 pm

I have a SICK avatar.
Caught a cold. I love it.

Verse 2- We should always have an optomistic and open path of thinking, knowing that everything is for God's glory. In the end of every situation, it will result in glorifying God. We should set our minds on things that hold high expectations not only for us, but FOR God. Also, We should never settle with whats mediocre or satisfying, but like we talked about before, Until somethign is overflowing we should never cease to please God.

Verse 12 is pretty sick. It says " As God's CHOSEN people, holy and dearly loved....."
Everyone is chosen in their life, just a matter of is they choose to accept that fact. However, We as a praise team are chosen aswell, to lead, to share, and to glorify our King. Knowing that shouldn't things like compassion, patience etc, become more easiy to apply in our life? I tend to always becoem more patient, confident, understanding etc after a time of prayer to the Lord. He comforts me and it's easier to just become these things when you know Jesus is in your life and you're constantly reminded of it.

Verse 25 "There is no favouritism"
Often times, i see myself doing things, because i want to be noticed or i want people to acknowledge my deeds. I often forget that it shouldn't be for my benefit but for God. Sometimes i think to myself" I want to do it for God, but at the same time ant to feel satisfied with smiles and pat=on-da-back." SO i want to say this to our team, that we shouldn't get crried away, no one is better than anyone else. Just because Someone is more active in church or is better than someone at something, it does not mean that you are better or favoured in Go'ds eyes.

We have a PA day Friday SICK.
Anyoen going ot university fair?
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:27 pm

#1. thanks e-sak...FOR FORGETTING ME IN YOUR LITTLE POST COUNT. but you know, it's to be expected seeing as how my 14-week absence from church didn't seem to set off any flashing lights for you either.
#2. I'm going to university fair, mountain! Art thou?
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:53 pm

hmmm i wonder how i missed you... but if it means anything your at 23? yea....
dont worry im oblivious to my surroundings....
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

hommies its wed-nes-day!! Empty Devotions

Post  Allan Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:26 pm

sry guys I fell asleep yesterday while studying, I was going to do my devotion after, well thats probably why I failed the test today, man I suck at math. Never fall asleep when you know only half of the material FAIL!!

Funny thing happen today. our teacher mentioned Phagocytosys, and we had a jeoperdy game and everyone was saying "what is phagocytosis" over and over again. yah my class is very mature welcome to Thornlea achademic 11 chem Razz My goodness is my school really that bad come on there was only like 1 stabbing 2 years ago...wait that is bad

Verse 2. We only here for a short while, We sould open our minds and step out of our level of thinking. Don't stumble on useless stuff, they will only hold us back. Money being number 1, obviously we do need it, but dont let it consume us. Think about how to glorify the lord open our mind sets, strive for the best and dont settle of ok. When we are glorifying the lord we want the Best

Verse 13 Man, when it comes to forgivness I have fallen short. Whenever someone is being a jacka$$ I just well, forgiveness is not on top priority. I stoop to their level and things happen. It's hard, but we should try to learn patience and not be quick to anger. Forgive as the lord forgave you.

Oh yah samething as Issac does the rules for Christian household still apply in our day in age?? obviously the Wife part is you know and slaves??

K cya at fri PA DAY FRIDAY

.....Phagocytosis
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:43 pm

To Allan: i dont think it applies literally. Most of the bible is not literal. Also its written with the customs and traditions back then, obviously it wouldnt be written to apply to the next 2000 years but i would like an expert view on this.
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:03 am

heyooo
smth about circumcision I learned today...
apparently there was this baby who was getting circumcised and the doctors screwed up soo bad on the process that they, quote on quote, "destroyed the penis"...
I'M SCARED MANNN affraid
so the kid now lives as a girl... HAPPY ENDING WOOT?!
DOUBLE-U TEEE EFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF Shocked

I wanna be high level like izak haha

This Chapter raised another question in my head, "what happens to those who die without ever having known about God?"
Reincarnation?? Heaven? Hell?!?
Ya... also
I saw that very basic things we should care about in life were listed in this Chapter.. being good to your parents, good to your kids, good to your neighbour, good to your master (if you have one O.O), etc.
At first I thought, "well this is redundant.." but then I realized that now I see these written in front of me, I'm actually really aware of the times when I've done wrong to my parents, my kids (?loljks), my neighbour, and my master (teachers)
So I realized the value of smeone just pointing out these things, despite how redundant they might be!
Not to mention the love of God for each and everyone of us... I never get tired of hearing THAT =]
yee...
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:10 am

To mike: in revelations? it says for Jesus to come back (i think) there are a few "things" that have to happen. One is that everyone person is given a chance to accept Jesus. I THINK!! not to sure about it but i remember hearing it somewhere...
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:15 am

Does everyone have PA day?
..I have school... dang it.

Did I tell you the economics course I'm taking is amazing? Well, it's mainly because of our teacher because she's awesome. She's worked for the UN and had to do an assignment in China during their communist times; she got rice tickets which she used to buy rice at the market. So cool.

Uh huh. moving onn.

Colossians three.

In this chapter, Paul talks about how we have "taken off our old selves with its practices and have put on the new self which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of the Creator." From the moment we accepted Christ, we started a new life of trying to be more like God. Reflecting back on my last few years of "renewing", I must admit that I haven't completely abandoned my old life. Of course, as sinners, this is inevitable, but sometimes, I do certain things without even questioning myself; I forget about God. I guess this is why being a Christian means being in a relationship. We have to do our own part in keeping the relationship strong and lasting- reading the Bible, reflecting on it, and praying about everything to God. If we fail to do so, we can fall out with God. I was thinking back on native missions, especially the theme of transformation and I've realized that there is definitely transformation once we accept God, but it's a gradual one because, like I said, being a Christian means having in a relationship.

Verse 12 talks about all the qualities I wish I had: "Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." Definitely going to work on these things from now. Ultimate favorite verse, shall I mention.

I also think that this verse reinforces the nature of worshipping which, as Roh said, is a response. In verse 16, Paul says, "...as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God."

Finally, verse 23 motivated me to push myself in everything that I do. Doing church work is something enjoyable more than anything for me, but, in this verse, I realized that I should love doing everything in my life because I'm doing it for God.

Enjoy your "fridays" (in theory), while I suffer through Thursday.

Au revoir
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:27 am

Isaac wrote:To mike: in revelations? it says for Jesus to come back (i think) there are a few "things" that have to happen. One is that everyone person is given a chance to accept Jesus. I THINK!! not to sure about it but i remember hearing it somewhere...

Ohh.. ok.. so everyone gets a chance to hear of God at least!
Sick.. learnin new things everyday
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:33 am

not to sure tho.... Might want to ask Sam about that. But in the , I do know for a fact, God is a fair God. So what he does with our after life will be judged fair and just.
Off to bed(which means 1 more hour of surfing the web on my iPod, sleeping on my iPod and not having enough battery to get me hrough the day.
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum