Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

devotions..

Go down

devotions.. Empty devotions..

Post  samuelchung Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:38 am

hey guys,
sorry for the tardiness, i keep forgetting to post things up on your site and the leadership site, i do, do them, i just keep accountable with the teachers.. anwyays, here are the today and yesterdays if you want to read them over, sorry the teachers and i are on different tracks then you guys are, but i figure it is good to have something new... anyways here it is..

today
what i read: 2 Chronicles 3-4
what i learned: In these chapters are the details of what Solomon did to make the temple, it for some parts of the descriptions it is detailed on how much gold was used, and their weight. for the most holy place it even talks about how much the gold nails weighed when they were making it. But as the chapter went on, they started to loose some detail where it states "All these things that Solomon made amounted to so much that the weight of the bronze was not determined". throughout the whole process it does not mention God and his instructions to Solomon, now i'm not sure if it is because God had entrusted Solomon with the temple or it is because Solomon just choose not to listen, but this is one observation i had. another was the specifications that were made in chapter 3 in regards to the most holy place, it is detailed to the tee in regards to how much gold, how big the most holy place was etc. it is interesting to see the details that were made, and how it is written down. and knowing this was an oral tradition it is interesting how they would pass down this information from generation to generation and how they would memorize the importance of the temple. i was thinking, could it be because they wanted the following generations to see how important the temple of God was, and how sacred it was, and how they had felt it was so critical?
What i am going to do: now obviously today, the temple of God is in our hearts, and i was thinking about how precious do i consider the temple of God in my heart, Solomon treated the temple of God as so important and sacred, and i find in my own life how i have mistreated and forgotten the importance of the temple of God in my own heart and how i need to keep it pure, as pure as Gold.

yesterday
what i read: 2 Chronicles 2
what i learned: so they are in the process of building the temple, and for once in the life of Solomon he is very humble in how he builds the temple, he actually feels unworthy to build the temple, and so he hires the best of everything to build the temple.
what i am going to do: it is interesting to see how Solomon has been so humble in regards to building the temple, maybe it is because his father had taken it so seriously, and it is interesting how David had women as his weakness, and thus Solomon's weakness is the same. i should remember how the weaknesses i have, may flow into the next generation, so i should be careful of what i do now so that the following generations do not fall into the same problems
sam

samuelchung
minion

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Back to top Go down