Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my devotions

3 posters

Go down

my devotions Empty my devotions

Post  samuelchung Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:21 pm

hey guys,
what up? here is my devotions for today!
What i read: 2 Chronicles 29-30
What i learned: finally i have a chance to read about a king who seems like he is going to make it! this king purifies the temple, but not only does he do that, he also calls people to come back to worship at the temple once again. he has the priests and levites purified so that they can do the sacrifices, and he sends out messengers to both cities of israel and Judah and asks all people to come back to the Lord. He is first out of all the kings who tries to unify the people once again. of course there are some people who totally refuse to do these things, but there are some people who come and there is great rejoicing and there is a great celebration as the people are unified once again through God. it is actually a cool story to read, almost tear dropping to see how the people are coming together once again to come and see that God is moving and to celebrate the God who brought them out of Egypt, and to remember how God had brought them out.
What i am going to do: well i tend to forget about all the great things that God has done for me, and maybe it is a good idea to have my own time to go back and remember all the thigns that God has done for me throughout my short life thus far. i mean i don't think i would be where i am now if it wasn't for the God that i serve.

samuelchung
minion

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Back to top Go down

my devotions Empty Jacob Meets Esau

Post  JacobPk Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:46 pm

Hey dudes, i hope you guys had an awesome Monday! I'm still pretty exhausted aha

What a romantic ending for these 2 Smile
It must've been hard to look Esau in the face, but surprisingly Esua took him and embraced him. However, although there was cleared surfaces between them, Jacob still had a core of guilt insdie of him, not wanting to go with his brother, thus choosing to go to Succoth.
I remember when there was a time where i did something bad, and it was hard to confess, but even HARDER to accept the fact that they said it was ok. I rather have something hurt me and take out all their anger out on me then for someone to say it's ok. I don't know why, it just makes me feel bad, btu when they like kickj me or whatever it's break even.
well That's just me!

I hope you guys have a sick Tuesday!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

my devotions Empty Re: my devotions

Post  Michael Ha Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:53 am

I'm wondering... through all that has happened, whether, like Jacob said, Jacob went to Succoth because he was feeling guilty about all his wrongdoing against Esau, or because he wanted to own more land for himself rather than live in Esau's land.
In my opinion... I thought the latter because Jacob has so far worked in order to increase his own land and possessions you know? But it's good that the siblings made up, or that Esau forgave Jacob for his backstabbing ways.
I personally didn't learn anything from this Chapter yet... um... ya... it was a good chapter though =]
Michael.. away~
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

my devotions Empty Re: my devotions

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down