Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 John 4

+3
Pa Ta Rick
Sarah Oh
Audrey Jong
7 posters

Go down

1 John 4 Empty 1 John 4

Post  Audrey Jong Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:30 pm

How was school everyone? For some people, they get a day off! Well I was stuck in school today...

So anyways, the begining of chapter 4 warns us about te anti-christ and how that spirit is already here. But it also says that if we are true to God, we are protected and safe. It explains in verse 4: "But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the spirit who lives in the world."

The rest of this chapter encourages us to love one another and to not hold a grudge against another. Instead, you should pray about that person. It reminds me of the saying in one of the sermons: "If you get slapped on the cheek, turn the other one for him" meaning that we should not hit back but instead ask God to help. It's almost like killing them with kindness.

Alright, that's all I have for now....
~Audrey~ Very Happy
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

1 John 4 Empty Re: 1 John 4

Post  Sarah Oh Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:44 pm

Lol dont worry Audrey, I was at school today as well Sad

Anywaay....
I can learn A LOT from this chapter. Especially verse 20, " If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he hasn't seen". There are people who I dont really like, and I have to admit I treat them bad sometimes, and that is definitely not living a godly life.

The rest is pretty much saying not to believe in any antichrists and love your neighbor... so uhh that's about it!

See you guys soon!
Sarah =]
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:18 pm

No school WOOT:D

This chapter was telling us that we shouldnt believe all spirts because many spirts are false prophets and have gone out of the world. I remeber reading a chapter where they warned us about false teachers i forget which book and chapter tho. The second part of the chapter told us that we should love one another because that is what God wants. Verse 15 to 18 really stood out for me.
"If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God. God lives in him and he in God. And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God , and God in him. Tim this way, love is made complete amoung us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgement, because in this world we are like him."

God wants to love one another becuase Whoever loves, is part of God because God is love as stated and God wants us to love him because this will make us confident on the day of judgement.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:59 pm

Sorry I didn't post last night guys, I had a VERY VERY BERRY VERY VERY long night that is too long to explain. And boy was the theaters busy today. I was actually about to faint.....

12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

This is very interesting. We can't see God but he can live in us. Think about it this way, We can't see our own brains and organs but we know it's there because each every organs inside us are working. So if we can love, we know that God is inside us.

1st John kinda repeats things and I haven't really learned anything new in this chapter...

So I'll ttyl guys... Have a Great rest of the day guys. Smile (Copyright@Mosquito)

And yea, Come to movie night, I'm not sure if I can make it so be there...... Or be a bassist... Like Jeremy. Who is also Orange.

Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:04 am

Man... im soo tired... and there's school tomorrow... ):

11 My dear, dear friends, if God loved us like this, we certainly ought to love each other.12 No one has seen God, ever. But if we love one another, God dwells deeply within us, and his love becomes complete in us-perfect love!

It's always good to remind ourselves of the connection between God and love. Really God gave the love no one else could. He sacrificed so much so that we could live, but if our God can sacrifice his own son, who he loves so dearly, why can't we sacrifice just a little for someone else? Why can't we love with even half of the perfect love God has given us? But when we do make an effort to love, to lay ourselves down in front of another, then God's love is worth it. God didn't love us so that we could be heartless and cold, but instead we should be working to be worth the sacrifice he made by giving us love. So love each other with all your hearts.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:08 am

hey guys. got a math test tomorrow.
stressing!
ill post tomorrow
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:02 am

i think this chapter is important to us! it reminds us that there are false prophets in the world, and what i got from this is that we cant rely solely on pastors and ministers to bring us our relationship with God and lead us into the life of a Christian because firstly this action is not fool proof, as there are many false prophets that can lead you horribly astray, and secondly, the main way to become a christian is to establish your relationship with GODDD Very Happy in doing this, well know who to trust and how to live our lives in our own way. Slash if we listen to pastors solely, they are not perfect, so they are only repeating information that can be given to us by the real thang~! its like jesus is fresh orange juice while pastors and the like are like orange juice from concentrate! still good for us, but still not as fresh and pure as the earlier choice. Very Happy
yeah then it talks about looove <3 hahah
see yall soonn! nighty night!
STOP complaining about having to go to school tmr! i went today! :'(
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content