Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 John 1

+6
Audrey Jong
jaake kwon
James
jennifer
Christine Kim
Kevin
10 posters

Go down

1 John 1 Empty 1 John 1

Post  Kevin Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:22 pm

sss
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

1 John 1 Empty Re: 1 John 1

Post  Christine Kim Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:51 pm

in 1 John 1 i didnt really get much out of it other than having fellowship with one another and God plus that with God there is no darkness at all. sorry! it was short and kind of confusing for me. i will try harder to understand the next chapter! sorry.
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:34 pm

what i got from this chapter is that we should not fake being spiritually strong when we are not! if we are in the pits or feel as is our relationship with God has sunk, then we have to confess it rather than pretend its okay because this will not be living in the truth. Then after confessing you can start to make it all better again with the help of friends and God! yay Smile
thats all i got for today!
byee guysss
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  James Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:48 pm

Following up to what Jennifer had said, we shouldn't be ashamed to admit that our path with God isn't so great. We should turn to our brothers and sisters and ask for prayer, for support. We should always pray for one another in the team. We've been offered the eternal life with the Father and we shouldn't take that for granted. The doors to heaven are open, and it awaits us!!!

"Our fellowship is with the Father and with his son, Jesus Christ."
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

1 John 1 Empty 1 John

Post  jaake kwon Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:35 pm

woah. 1 John already owo.
"2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us. 3 We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ."

I think this verse is about faith. ("I think". cuz i may somehow terribly wrong.)
And in the beginning of 1 John, John the Baptist testifies the witnessing of Jesus Christ.
Then finishes the paragraph with "4 We write this to make our joy complete."
Which kinda confuses me. Normally I would expect something like: we live in faith and -etc etc etc.-
In a sense, what the authors of the bible completed at this point was summarize the whole bible in extremely brief manner.
But other than that, I didnt get that part,
anybody mind explaining what they think??>
I REALLY Dont get it.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

1 John 1 Empty 1 John 1

Post  Audrey Jong Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:39 pm

I think that this chapter mostly just introduced us about this chapter and explaining what christ is.
from verse 5- 10, it talks about how we must stay cleansed in our spirit. We must stay away from sin as much as possible. But we can't fully avoid it because it explained it to me in verse 8: "If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth."
The rest bits of it is talking about how we can't fully rid our selves of sin but we can ask for forgiveiness and he will wash it away. A way we can do that is to trust in God and what he has planned for us instead of following our disires.

That's all I got....see you guys soon!
~Audrey~ Very Happy
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:02 pm

this keyboard is really annoying. everytime i type it goes back so the word im typing continues on with a previous word. really annoying...

1 john chapter 1 is a pretty short chapter. All it is saying is that if we walk in the path of darkness, we are not going the right path because the lord is all light and no darkness. As well, If we claim that we are sinless than we are also wrong because no one is sinless and the only reason why we are free is because the lord had died on the christ for us

Again pretty short chapter not much to talk about:D
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:47 pm

Hey guys... I didn't get a lot from today's passage, and I'm really. There was a school trip today for geography and we walked for like 5 hours... I'm dog tired... Sorry guys. I'll try again tomorrow.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:35 am

Hm today's passage was relatively straight forward
Pretty much acknowledge that we are sinners
Other than that i did not get much

Sorry I didn't do devos the other day
A lot has been on my mind.
Good night
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:06 am

Hmmmm, I only seemed to get that you shouldn't falsely advertise your faith, if that makes sense..
I guess, don't go around being proud of your "faith" in God when it's actually only faith in yourself.

Do everything in and for God!
That's it! Hahaha
Goodnight, folks!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:26 am

Hey guys, after reading the chapter and your devos, I noticed that all beginning chapters of each book is the connection to the rest.
Without the first chapter, it wouldn't make as much sense. Ahahha
This chaptyer was straightforward, and I hope john gets more interesting after Razz
Good night
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down