Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 John 2

+4
James
josephpaik
Sarah Oh
Audrey Jong
8 posters

Go down

1 John 2 Empty 1 John 2

Post  Audrey Jong Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:00 pm

Alright!
This was a long chapter.....anyways, The begining for 1 John 2 is talking about sin and how we know for sure God is living in us. It states this in verse 5: "But those who obey God's word truly show how completely they love him. That is how we know we are living in him."

Another part of this chapter warns us about the antichrists and how we must remain faithful and stay true to God. Although this verse really did make me think for awhile: "And who is the liar? anyone who says that Jesus is not the Christ. Anyone who denies the father and the Son Doesn't have the father either."

The rest explains how we need to remain faithful to God and believe in God so that we are prepared. As says in verse 29: "And now dear children, remain in fellowship with Christ so that when he returns, you will be full of courage and not shrink back from hin in shame."

See you guys soon!
~Audrey~ Very Happy
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

1 John 2 Empty Re: 1 John 2

Post  Sarah Oh Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:39 pm

I didn't get a lot out of this passage but it's pretty much just saying to be faithful in God and not to be led astray from him. It warns us about Antichrists and how they do not belong to God. Yeah thats about it! See you guys in 2 days!!! Smile
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:42 pm

Ay!

The first section of this chapter was really straight forward. Jesus Christ is the righteous one and our Father. If you choose the father, your sins will be forgiven and he will overcome evil in you and guide you in the right direction because he lives in us.
If we are to love the world and all the sinful natures in the world, Christ will not love us because we have been taken over by sin. If we do not love the world and do not accept what we live in, God will accpet us and love us. For anyone who does not love the world, God lives with them forever.
When there are none believer and antichrists, we know the Antichrist is coming. A man that does not believe and have faith the Christ is our Savior, is an antichrist- He denies his father and son.
If we believe in Jesus, God is with us. If we do not believe in Gods son, we dont have Gods protection within us.
WE should all be our own leaders, we shouldnt be followers because we KNOW whats the truth and go in the direction that we KNOW is right. If we follow, we may be lead astray from God. NOT GOOD!

Good night
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  James Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:03 am

Hey guys!

"Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone lives the world, the love of the Father is not with him." I believe this verse entirely. Moses took the time to explain every commandment. #2 was about God being jealous when you put things in front of him. We should love nothing more on this earth than God. Also, we don't know Jesus if we don't follow his commandments.

"Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness." It doesn't exist in Heaven, hate and darkness. Thus, making ourselves unable to go to heaven, as we're still living in darkness. We'd also be lying, as we would claim to be in the light, but still sinning. All our sins have been accounted for, and we shouldn't be embarrassed or ashamed to admit our sins. Heck, it's the least we could do for someone that died for all of us, right?
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:30 am

eh... im tired... and it'ls getting late... imma go straight to my devo...

6 Anyone who claims to be intimate with God ought to live the same kind of life Jesus lived.

this verse stood out a lot to me because of how much it can apply to us. In this book called Crazy Love by Francis Chan, it talks about how in potato chips with 0 trans fat, actually have little amounts of it, but just little enough to be legally 0 trans fat, but we advertise ourselves as a healthy christian, but are we really living up to it? or are we just using that little slack we have to be free from the life we should be living? So don't live an artificial life in God but rather a rich and full one. Good night
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:46 am

15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father[d] is not in them. 16 For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world.

Hmmm, I think this is interesting. Sometimes, we get so caught up in loving things of the world... I don't mean nature and all but things that are man made...and we forget to thank God for the things that MADE those things. Always keep in mind that the things around you were made by God, in some way.

That's about it! Appreciate the things around you for the right reason!
Goodnight
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:06 am

Holy I just finished my molecular model for chem and let's just say using coat hangers wasn't the best idea.

15 Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you

This verse is so meaningful to me haha. It's really straight up and it tells us not to love the world and the things that it has to offer up to us. It brings us things that'd be appealing to us humanly but those aren't the things that God wants us to have our focus on. Always remember that nothing in this world is forever, that nothing here compares of whats to come.

Yeah I did't get anything other than that

See ya soon!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:05 pm

Like other, i also think that the most important verse is 15 because it reallys says something about the world. We shuoldnt love the world but love the Father. And all the sins and all the bad cravings doesnt come from the Father but from the world; SO what it is saying is that if we love the world for what it has, we dont love God but we love the world. We should lvoe God because he is the one who created this world. AS well for all the sins we have done it is becuase of the world not God because there are many things in this world that can cause us to sin. this isnt God's fault but ours because we made the decision to do that sin.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down