Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John 10. "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"

+3
dennis
JacobPk
Isaac
7 posters

Go down

John 10. "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" Empty John 10. "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"

Post  Isaac Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:39 pm

Hello ladies and gents.

John 10
In this chapter Jesus refers to him as the shepherd and us as the sheep. There are many things to be learned from this chapter but one is that Jesus says "I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also."
We should always try to tell our friends about Jesus in many different forms. One is to show through our actions and what not. Im always , well not scared, but i dont really feel the urge to tell my friends because they are so hardcore atheists that i dont think it will even work. But then again in chapter 3? or 4? i dont remember but we have to plant the "seeds" so that others later on can "reap" the benefits.
The other thing is that i like how Jesus refers to us as sheep and him as the shepherd . I always like that analogy it makes me feel "protected" in a sense.
Last thing is, i want to point out how ninja Jesus is.... Very Happy how many times does he escape a stone to the face?

Have a good week guys! see yaaa friday
-Eyesack
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

John 10. "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" Empty 10 10 10 10 10 to the power of 10 functions hate it.

Post  JacobPk Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:15 pm

International Law sucks. Canada sucks. but interesting i have to say Smile boring but interesting.
I'm quite the pumped for this friday!
Rock it rock it!

ok
Pretty Straightforward and so so so true.
But one thing that caught my eye was he doesn't say" I'm a Shepherd" Jesus
says I'm a GOOD Shepherd! Now what does good mean in this case?
I see it as one who is willing to die for the sheep. Which is exactly what Jesus did!

Lets see, if i were a Pharisee, i would get ticked off aswell. Verse 24, they ask Jesus to tell them
plainly if He is Christ. Jesus often does not answer with a one word answer,but a long explanation
of what his purpose is or an idea of who he is. He always speaks in indirect terms. So maybe it is kind of annoying and confusing.But from verse 25-30.
It makes me want to go out and tell Everyone about this good Shepherd. and since he is the only ticket in
shouldn't we tell people about it?
Jesus was a man on a mission.
Shouldn't we do the same?

hardy har har
Friday fellas and fellists? Wink
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

John 10. "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" Empty Re: John 10. "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"

Post  dennis Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:51 pm

I'm getting quite frustrated with these Jewish people.
They said, "If you are the Christ, tell us plainly," but once Jesus claimed that He is the Christ who is one with God, they stoned him because "a mere man claimed to be God." What the heck. They're contradicting what they said earlier.

I thought this chapter was really "cute" in that I really understood the genuine unchanging love that God has for us. I've always been familiar with the idea that Jesus is our shepherd and we are his flock. But in this chapter, Jesus talks in depth about how the sheep listen to his voice only because his is the familiar one. Considering that a lot of shepherds nowadays use herding dogs to help take care of the flock, Jesus doesn't use any help other than working with God. This just further shows the unlimited amount of love that he has for us. I'm not sure if I'm making any sense, but I really found Jesus to be caring, loving, and protective of us.

I hope that we can be the sheep who never follow a stranger (verse 5), whom can represent the things in our lives that we sometimes put before God.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

John 10. "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" Empty Re: John 10. "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"

Post  Michael Ha Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:32 pm

Devo 10 (September 10, 2008)
John -Chapter 10- that's a lot of 10s!
(why am I even putting this head anymore? oh well.. lol)
I think Jesus kinda sounds desperate in this Chapter for some reason... Especially in Verse 38; Jesus says, "But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father."
Basically, I think He's saying if you can't believe that I (Jesus) am the Son of God, then at the very least believe in my miracles and believe that God is with myself (Jesus) and I (Jesus) am with Him; just believe, so that YOU may be saved from sin.
Besides that 2 question popped up into my head as I read this Chapter: 1. are we pre-destined to believe in God?? 2. what about the people that represent sheep-robbers or the wolves? What will become of them?!?
1. In Verse 26 Jesus says to the Jews, "but you do not believe because you are not my sheep." in a way that the sheep were deliberately chosen/picked out by Jesus. I got the feeling that being in the sheep-pen was like being in an exclusive club for some reason when I read this verse... It was a very uneasy feeling actually.
2. I'm sure by the sheep-robbers and wolves that Jesus isn't referring to random elements in life which puts a sheep through harsh endeavours and eventually breaks its faith and converts it to atheist or what not, but I think Jesus is referring to other people who might be doing that. So, then what about those people? Will Jesus ditch those people?!? Also again, have those people been pre-destined to be a sheep-robber or a wolf? I don't think neither a wolf or a sheep-robber can be changed into a sheep...
Anyways, that's all~
Gonna go do hw and sleep yee... Neutral
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

John 10. "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" Empty John 10! - Roh

Post  Roh Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:33 am

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. The hired hand is not the shepherd who owns the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks thief lock and scatters it. The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep."

Jesus is our reliable source of help. If we trust in him, he will guide us, direct us, and keep us in good hands. However, if we rely on this world, it'll lead us astray and when we need someone to lean on, it will have nothing to do with us. It's true! It may be good for some time, but in the end, Jesus is the only one that can save us and protect us.

He is our gate, and he is the only way that we can find peace. I know that from experience. Sometimes I have trouble with relying on my self way too much and thinking that I can do everything on my own. It works out for some time, but in the end, it all goes down the drain.

I spoke with Kristen Bell tonight! Smile
I was having dinner and we touched hands b/c she was sitting at the adjacent table and we had a little convo going.
It was awesome.

See you on Friday.

Roh
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

John 10. "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" Empty ten..ten, ten, ten, ten....

Post  hannahlee Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:53 pm

YO,

I didn't really get a chance to take a breather at home yesterday until around 11.30 pm, so my apologies for not having sent this out. (I went to go watch We Will Rock You! and I'm basically smitten by the lead. Girls, he speaks perfect French. IN THE SHOW. Hahaha, anyways.) I thought I'd have some time in between school and what not to write this out, but now I'll try to "foresee" these things and plan around.

John 10

#1.

v.4 "When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."

v.11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. The hired hand is not the shepherd who owns the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep."

I liked this analogy a lot. It takes our relationship with Jesus down to a much simpler level, but one that just makes so much sense.
Verse 11 stood out to me through my first read-through. It demonstrates the great love that Jesus has for us in the first little bit, and as I read through the last bit, I tried to find its parallel in my life and realized the hired hand could represent any number of things of this world that deter me from whole-hearted reliance on God. And when Satan comes knocking on your door while your heart is elsewhere, this world isn't going to be the one to catch you. It startled me a bit, but obviously Jesus' promise to lead us from falling astray as our good shepherd, "equalized" my reaction to this verse. On my second read-through, verse 4 stood out, and I'm not entirely sure why or how to explain it, but I suppose it has something to do with it just being as simple as that - the sheep follow him because they know his voice, but not those of a stranger's because they don't know if it's to be trusted. And that's about as far as I'll get in explaining that. Haha.

Lastly, from this bit, I just need to express the frustration I had with the Jews in v.24 when they say, "How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly."
Seriously??? Hahaha, I was so upset at first, but I got to thinking, I'm sure that in my initial walk with Christ I pulled out some of those moves, as well, where He's working right in front of you and you choose to turn an eye to it. Anyways, this verse just pulled a heart string.
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

John 10. "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" Empty LONGTIME NO POST MY APOLOGIESS

Post  Cathy Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:21 pm

heyy guyss
im really sorry that i havent posted my devos in two days.. I know this isn't an excuse cause nothing shoudl come before the WORD.. but i was quite occupied with school and some student council stuff but I AM HERE NOWWWWW to catch up
hope you guys all had a great week Smile

JOHN 10:
so i absolutely love this passage. Even though ive read John before and I've definetly heard this analogy like 10000000 times,i ono. there was something special about it today, and it made me feel like i was reading it for the first time. Jesus says that he is the good shepherd - and when we follow him as sheep, we get all of the best (in the sheep's case, green pastures. haha for us, more along the lines of God's love and peace.. but if you're into the whole green pasture thing, then go for it. ) Jesus says that he is the real shepherd, and all that came before him are thieves- these thieves can come in many different forms. ON one hand, I thought that jesus meant fake prophets. But it can also apply to pretty much everything that we tend to 'follow' besides Jesus. It can be a person that we want to be like, sins, addictions, etc. Sometimes even without realizing, we can fall into following these thigns and letting them take control of our life. But then Jesus says clearly that these things steal and destroy. Jesus will always be faithful to us, and even through hard times and struggles, he won't abandon us. (even if we may abandon him sometimes!) Friends, money, popularity, and all that stuff can be driven away when one big bad wolf... (or Satan) comes and tries to destroy our lives. But Satan doesnt have the power to drive Jesus away Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down