Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AXE 21 (the length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters)

+2
dennis
hannahlee
6 posters

Go down

AXE 21 (the length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters) Empty AXE 21 (the length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters)

Post  hannahlee Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:15 pm

Acts 21

A pretty intense chapter...

13Then Paul answered, "Why are you weeping and breaking my heart? I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus."

Could you imagine being so steadfast in God's will, being so fearless, so sure?

And all the things that follow, it's pretty upsetting. I got really bothered by how the Jews always stir up the crowd, and drastically change their opinions from what they were or were not before. They're so easily impressionable and swayed, and it's like they attack Paul, not necessarily knowing their reason for it. It happened with Jesus and it happened again, here with Paul.
People need to think for themselves before they act. Blah.

Excited for tonight Smile

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

AXE 21 (the length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters) Empty Re: AXE 21 (the length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters)

Post  dennis Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:45 pm

Acts 21.

I didn't get a lot out of this chapter, but I agree with Hannah.
It was amazing to see that Paul was willing to die for God. The fact that Paul was determined to spread God's word in all circumstances is awesome.

As praise team members, even when we are sometimes frustrated or tired, we should praise God with everything that we have because, only through Him can we find peace.

-Denise
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

AXE 21 (the length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters) Empty Re: AXE 21 (the length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters)

Post  Allan Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:23 pm

OMG i got my phone bill and txt messaging was like 22 bucks,and I was like what the @!%#. I checked my past recieved messages and wow more than 3/4 of the recieved messages were the ummm. you know =====), man how iam I going to explain to my parents. FaiL

Finished my test week uggh I had 4 tests and 2 projects this week uggghhh need a long rest.......

Acts chapter 21

Man it sucks to see paul like this. He was arrested and than treatred like crap.

It's nice to see that they share how the ministery is becoming better and they are having a nice little commute.

it's alos ironic that paul is going through all this persecution, and it sucks to see that still people don't trust him, well i guess people are like that sometimes. When people hear something foreign to they accep it or fear it and hate it, and they will get defensive too

well I didn't really get that much out of today's chapter

c you all soon
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:45 am

today was fun aha

In verse 13 Paul stands up for God and and is willing to die for Jesus. That takes some balls, to do the Lord's will knowing that someone MAY happen to you.
Anyway this whole acts has been about Paul going to jail and getting set free and people are always attempting to kill him. How many times has this happened and how many times has the Lord provided a way so that Paul is safe? Too many i assume, and this is somrthing we need to work on. Being able to fully devote yourself to God by putting 1131% in him. Jesus is our provider and our protector, we should neve rbe afraid, he'll always deliver us fomr evil.

Ciao
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:03 pm

i agree, it was pretty amazing to me how the prophesy predicted that Paul will be handed over..
And everyone freaked out and they were trying to convince Paul not to go.. But despite all, he stated so boldly
"Why are you weeping and breaking my heart? I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus."
If i was him.. I would proabably be hiding in my room.. But his words are so powerful, that he says that they are breaking his heart with their sadness, when he was so willing to do the will of God. Once again, Paul states that he would easily die in the name of our Lord Jesus.
INTENSE
i think that we shoudl really learn from Paul's courage and man up in our faith. hahah you know what i mean.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:51 am

Repetition of brutal mistreatment of Paul and then him preaching the Word of God...
I think this whole theme of repetition has taught me smth...
Paul is very persistent, and I need his level of persistency (it's not a real word i know >_>) in my work ethics in and out of church.
I've been slacking at school a lot lately because it's kinda like university style where they give a lecture there's no real homework and you have to learn things outside of the class's lecture on your own time.
So I've been slacking a lot, and ya.. results have been effected which sucks
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down