Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 8 May 12

+2
jennifer
Kevin
6 posters

Go down

Luke 8 May 12 Empty Luke 8 May 12

Post  Kevin Tue May 10, 2011 7:46 pm

DSA?
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Luke 8 May 12 Empty Re: Luke 8 May 12

Post  jennifer Thu May 12, 2011 10:25 pm

sorry guys i didnt post yesterday!
i was at practice until 5:45 then i had rehersal for my concert then my concert until around 11:30 then my mom got mad at my brother and and lectured us until 12:30 and by that time, i was not in any mood and didnt have any energy for doing devos! im sorry!
anyways heres today's devo:
i liked the story at the end of this chapter, when Jesus went throught a crowd and a woman with constant bleeding just touched him slightly and was healed of her illness without even speaking to Jesus. I didnt understand this at first, but then i went on reading that Jesus healed her because of her faith in Him. In other words, if she didnt have faith in Him, touching him would be useless. It also reflects on us as well. This story teaches us that if we dont fully put our trust and faith within God, "touching" Him will be useless. Praying to Him will essentially be useless! If we pray for a friend for example, who is very ill for some health for her/him, and we dont fully believe that He is capable of doing healing him/her, then why are we praying to God? we could beg the doctor to do his best on the patient for all that matters
In God's point of view, He created every little thing on this earth, preformed several mind blasting miracles, and if one of His children ask Him for help without fully believeing that He could even do it, then its like were testing Him. However, when we pray and hope that God will make a change, its not that we dont think that God is capable of doing this, but its that we dont know if he will give or take away. In the end, God knows whats right and knows whats best for our lives. He has this alll under control Wink
yeahhh thats pretty much what i got from this passage!
byebyee Smile
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Thu May 12, 2011 10:43 pm

Lame!

I'm excited for this set - The Time Has Come and You Deserve sure'll give me a good picking workout, haha! Looking forward to it, to even have Yeni come, praise God! Tomorrow seems like an okay day, but I've got a French test I've gotta deal with, sigh... oh well! Today I got into Western, haha, but still waiting for IVEY (Year 3 and 4, specialty Business program!)

There's quite a mouthful in this chapter that I definitely want to discuss... definitely the parable of the sower. It's one of the few parables that many a Christian should know and be reminded of. In fact, I have a book that's solely dedicated to this sole parable. Imagine that each of us are a seed, where we fall into different places. I get the impression that the seeds on the rock gain spiritual highs during retreats (welcome the word wiht joy, believe, and depart in a time of resting), but fall down. The seeds who fall among thorns are those who simply live their own ways without God in them. The ones on the ground - the foundation of Jesus Christ - live fruitful, rich lives...

Everyone has their own spiritual level, whether we might have came from a retreat or whether we became a little depressed (still waiting a little impatiently this month for the next 19 days), and definitely reminds me that we need to continue praying for each other, as a team - whether we're in the best OR worst of times, I'm sure keeping each other accountable is important. Struggling is fine, but giving up isn't, and as a team, we don't give up, but rather we give it our all!

Verses 16 to 18 really remind me the fact that we need to continue being those lights of the world - and to not let darkness overcome our light. Everything that light shines on will be seen, and the darkness fades... and we need to continue reminding ourselves that missions within our own home or school is important - I guess I could talk about that more, soon.

I might share a little more tomorrow, I got a LOT more, but need to prepare for French.
Off to a good night's shower and French prep!

God Bless!

Jules.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu May 12, 2011 11:05 pm

Julian!
Great to hear that you got accepted to another university.
Hopefully there'll be more acceptances to come hahahahha

56 Her parents were overwhelmed, but Jesus insisted that they not tell anyone what had happened.

Man I actually love the book of Luke.
There's so much to receive from the message.
I learned a lot of things from this passage, and I thought that the analogy of the seeds was a great one but the one I wanted to share was verse 56. At this time, a girl had "died" and Jesus claimed that she was asleep and commanded her to rise. Instantly, she rose. When Jesus declared she's just asleep, everyone laughed at him and assumed him to be a fool. I kind of got a little angry while reading that because these people who don't even realize who Jesus was are making a fool out of him. Jesus resurrected the girl, and despite the fact that these people laughed at him, he insisted to the girls parents, don't tell anyone about this miracle. From this passage, Jesus demonstrated such humility. Even though these people made fun of him, it didn't matter to Jesus. As long as what he was doing was right, he was fine by what other people thought and in fact, he seemed to rather have the civilians to think that Jesus was wrong when he said "shes asleep" than to know that he was a powerful man who could raise people from the dead. I thought, it's amazing how Jesus could have SUCH humility under the circumstances. Humility is so important in our daily christina lives and we should ALL demonstrate acts like this.

See you tomorrow guys!
Excitedf hahahahha
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Thu May 12, 2011 11:36 pm

LOLLLLLL okay, so kevin called me old cause im turning 17 this week ... thanks bro.

15Those seeds that fell on good ground are the people who listen to the message and keep it in good and honest hearts. They last and produce a harvest.
The parable about the seeds is probably one of my favourite.
it talks about the foundation of our faith.
We want our faith to be built on the proper foundation
i think this is something i mention a lot, and its something God is constantly reminding me of, to always make sure that i am growing on proper ground.

Like it says in verse 10, lets try to start SEEING when we are looking, and UNDERSTANDING when we are listening. It's so easy to miss little details or something that seems so obvious, and just passes right by us.

Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Fri May 13, 2011 12:52 am

Eh... Im kinda tired, so I'm gonna go straight to my devo...

15 "But the seed in the good earth-these are the good-hearts who seize the Word and hold on no matter what, sticking with it until there's a harvest.

This specific passage in Luke is very powerful. Jesus explains about how the Word grows in each one of us. He explains how there are different "stages" of the relationship. Our faith might be rooted very well, or not even rooted at all. The most important thing for us is to have as strong roots as we can. If we can work on our faith being strong, it will eventually be a large oak tree. Well rooted and firm in its ground. Whenever there is trouble, if we know that we are firmly rooted, nothing can uproot us. Even the toughest storms cannot uproot the stronger trees. If we make ourselves fortified and we really have a strong faith, nothing will shake us. That is what I find the greatest advantage of having God on our side. When we have a solid faith in him, he will not let anything harm us. We should always work on having a faith solid as rock, with roots in the most fertile land.

Good night guys..
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Fri May 13, 2011 8:53 am

Sorry, I didn't post. I'll do it as soon as I get home from my dance comp. and do well today, guys!
Say hi to yeni for me! (:
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down