Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 10 10 10 10 10

+3
Isaac
dennis
JacobPk
7 posters

Go down

Luke 10 10 10 10 10 Empty Luke 10 10 10 10 10

Post  JacobPk Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:24 am

Got a haircut today. aha

I think we can all come to the conclusion that Luke is a sickk book.

I'll keep this one short so i'll point out one ting that caught my eye.Verse 24. I don't think we understand how lucky we are and how blessed we are to even know who Jesus is, yet worship him. He says there are many who seek and desire and search for the Truth, but cannot find it. Let us who are blessed be the blessing unto others so that they may become blessed, to know who Jesus is.
I also had some interest about the good Samaritan, because in histroy times, Jews HATTTTTED Sammmmies. Yet this man, knowing this decides to help him. I want us to look at this mans mercy and humility. I want us to be like that not only among our own team, but everywhere else. To step out of our own little thing and help someone else. I also saw it in this way, Jesus is like the Good Samaritan, although there are those who despise Jesus, He loves them still. He still shows them mercy and still provides for them without them even knowing it. Jesusdoesn't favour, he helps those who need it. Let us do the same Smile
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Luke 10 10 10 10 10 Empty Re: Luke 10 10 10 10 10

Post  dennis Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:41 am

So I exfoliated today... that sounds so much nicer than 때밀어.

Luke 10

v.31 "But many who are first will be last, and the last first."
I remember doing a skit with this verse many years ago at a retreat...

I concur with Jacob in that God is not an evaluating God; he doesn't favor one person over the other, count the number of sins we commit, and punish us when we do something wrong. I guess what I'm trying to say is that God looks at our hopeful aspects than our failures. By saying that the first will be last and the last first, Jesus is conveying the message that successful people can fall hard, and the people that everyone mocks can rise up. In fact, He's saying that worldly status/rank doesn't mean a single thing in His world, view, judgment. He shows even in this chapter that little children can enter heaven as much as older people and some rich men cannot choose faith over their money.

Famjam, let's get on devos! Some of us are falling behindd
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:43 am

hannah, apparently you listened to Jacob and got the straight hair cut again... good move.

ahaha sammmmies.... 29But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus,
I think sometimes we like to "justify" God in our lives. you know? its like "if i do something good now, it wont be as bad if i go party later". I do that my self a lot. i try to out weigh bad stuff with something i did good. But thats not how it works.

Anywho thats my two cents

E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:56 am

I didn't listen to Jacob. I listened to my MOM, who wanted to see both of my eyes at the same time. So I got her to cut the bangs a little shorter. Egad. Hahaha.

Hahaha, Sammies.

So, my choir's learning this sick African song right now. Well, several. And we learned dances, so every rehearsal we're getting our groove on and singing "xobile"-clicks. It's awesome.

Luke 10

v.20 "However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."
I think sometimes when we achieve great things, it's easy to misconstrue it and firstly acknowledge how it's going to affect our lives here on Earth, only secondly thinking about the amazing things it might mean for you in heaven. (In this instance, Jesus warns his disciples not to be caught up in the fact that demons are submitting to them, which is nothing but prideful power on the earth.) I mean, you still get the good deed done all the same, but I think it's important to always have our minds set on that 'celestial' greater good. Perhaps when we grasp that our actions here on earth can mean treasures in heaven, it'll allow some of us to work even harder? Not to say that we should carry out good works solely to achieve some kind of a trade-off, but I think when we have our eyes better set on doing it "for heaven", we're a lot more humble about it, we recognize that it's only by God's grace and authority that it's possible, and there's a greater desire there to please God.

As far as the Martha and Mary story, I could completely picture a Martha, and I sympathize for her, because that's like having Obama over at our house, and I'm sure that there are some that would be concerned about making it most perfect and being most hospitable to him. This is JESUS. But it was a good reminder that sometimes as Christians, I think we get too caught up in the routine and processes of being a "good Christian", we often forget why we do it in the first place. You know, in all those "Godly" routines that we do, are we sometimes missing the point, and not encountering God in the process? Because that's what Martha failed to do.

On a side note, whenever I read the story of the Good Samaritan, I always imagined his two silver coins to be GINORMOUS. Is that weird? Perhaps, a little.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven.Hong Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:25 am

HEYHEY
thanks guys who prayed for mee!!
I got a little better but my head hurts little so yeahh
MAD ADVIl
hehehehe

Luke 10

I like how Jesus pickedd 72 other disciples because it came to my mind that 72 is a great number ehhh
soo yeah i wondered how he picked so many but how did he know that they were all holy...
I wonderrrrrrr
Imgaine being Jesus disciples that would be soo amazing just goin out to people and talk about the bible
!!
I prayed that we can all become the disciples that Jesus picked cherry

-Steve lol! Hong
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Number of posts : 142
Birthday : Inside 8====D~~~~o
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:36 am

So today we got our chem tests back. BRUTAL!
i messed up ammonia and ammonium and my teacher doesnt understand the concept of part marks so i pretty much got the whole question wrong cause of that stupid 3! absolutely murdered.. And she said that those of us that made that mistake should drop out of IB Evil or Very Mad what a horrid woman.

anyhoo
LUKE 10:
3 "Go! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves."
This verse really reminded me of how difficult it is to live a Christian life and spread the gospel. I mean, in the beginning its nicee where you have that spiritual high and you're all hyped up and passionate. But as time passes there are so many challenges and obstacles that come our way and people/situations that are so hurtful, challenging and difficult. (like my chem teacher Evil or Very Mad ) hahha anyways. But Jesus sends us out with this mission - he's not dumb, he's not trying to sugarcoat it - he is fully aware of the difficulties that will come our way when we live our Christian lives and we try to spread the gospel. But God never gives us a challenge/test that he doesnt think we can't do. With God we are able to accomplish and pull through everything he throws at us! So let's not read this verse and feel fear, but feel strong knowing that we have GOd on our side.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven.Hong Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:00 pm

sexy baby
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Number of posts : 142
Birthday : Inside 8====D~~~~o
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:26 am

Heyy
There's so much in this Chapter...
I learned about being a neighbour to others instead of being a useless bystander who pretends to be ignorant of what had happened.
Also, when you're offered hospitality, I guess it's rude to refuse it in a sense, but when you do accept it you should definitely give back something in return for the hospitality.
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down