Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LUKE 22

+2
Grace
Cathy
6 posters

Go down

LUKE 22 Empty LUKE 22

Post  Cathy Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:33 pm

It's so cold today.. I could go for a nice hot drink. I want a holiday drink. like a cinnamon. something latte.. or those eggnog lattes. mmmm STARBUCKS
Anyways
So in today's chapter Judas betrays Jesus! SCANDALOUS, eh? And when we read this our first reaction is like.. how could he do that? is he stuipid? heartless?
But we have to keep in mind that we, too act like Judas all the time. Sure it might not be as much of an obvious betrayal as it was with Judas, but things are always a little more obvious in the bible when you compare it with how it applies in our own lives. We betray Jesus every time we sin - every time we put money or popularity, etc. first. So instead of judging Judas, this chapter should really help us to recognize the Judas in our own lives - in what areas of our lives are we betraying God the most? Also Judas' betrayal of Jesus really helps us to understand how weak and sinful humans are - by nature. Let's not forget that we were born sinners - it is in our natural inclination to sin, to do wrong, because most of the times, whenever we're sinning, we do it because it feels good. Even Judas, who had the opportunity to physically be with Jesus still betrayed him, because he gave in to Satan and his temptations. So let's use this as a sort of warning , that Satan is always trying to tempt us and woo us with wordly things. In Judas' case, it was money. Obviously Satan didn't pop up and say 'Yo Judas! this is satan, and I tell you to betray Jesus!' But Satan's smarter than that and tries to use our weak spots to get to us... So let's be on the look out and continue to pray and strengthen our relationship with God so that we can say no to satan's temptations.
Blahh im tired.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

LUKE 22 Empty Re: LUKE 22

Post  Grace Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:56 pm

Jesus sufferd a lot in this chapter. He was betrayed, He knew He would be the ultimate sacrifice, and He knew all of those hardships were coming but He never turned away! Even when He went to the desert, He never even hesitated at satans temptations. Amazing. 40On reaching the place, he said to them, "Pray that you will not fall into temptation." Jesus knew that even if they had strong faith, being so unperfect... the disciples would fall into temptation much more easily. It's like us, when we are having a hard time we tend to fall into temptation more easily, because we like the easy way out. We want to have what we dont have. Like when we are hungry we want food, when we are thirsty we want water, when there is someone who everyone knows.. you wnat to get to know them. satans gonna try to hit us at our weak spots, but Jesus here is saying 'you're not as strong as you think on your own. Ask God for strength, pray to Him that you wont fall into the temptations of satan" and we really do need to. like cathy said, Judas' betrayal was really obvious, but we do that too! We may deny God like Peter, we may choose something that we dont really need over Jesus , because we WANT it, just like Judas chose money over Christ, because he simply wanted it. We are weak, but God is strong. We are fools, but God is wise. We are useless, but God is powerful. We hate, but He loves. the list just goes on. This is why we need to lean on God. He will help you, but you need to seek His help first.

the snow is frozen, the slush turned into ice :S the wind is going at like 70km/h the temp is -4......... oh how i miss summer... hahahahhaa
so my dad got us a new laptop today, and the keyboard is so wierd, i cant type... so many typos..... hahaha
hope you guys all had a good dayyy! the week is almost overr ~ niceee !
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:37 pm

I liked how Cathy said that In a way, we all have a Judas in us. We probably look down on Judas for betraying Jesus but everyday, we also betray Jesus. I want to keep in mind that we're no better than Judas because to God, sin is sin, There is no level of sin, it's all the same to him. So whether Judas is selling out Jesus, or we're commiting a sin against God. It still hurts. This verse was like a big reminder to me because it made me realize that God is the only one who can judge. I thought of Judas as a noob for betraying Jesus but I have no right to judge him because im no better or worse than him. God is the only one better than everyone and everything so he's the only one with the right to judge.

33 Peter said, "Lord, I am ready to go to prison with you, and even to die with you."
34 But Jesus said, "Peter, let me tell you something. Before the rooster crows tomorrow morning, you will deny three times that you even know me."

Isaac shared last friday about how little we care about God and i realized even more how true it is. When i sin subconciously, it's because i dont care. I don't care enough sometimes to take notice of what I do that hurts God. It was also shown in this passage of how little we humans care for God. Peter said he was willing to die with him, but he ends up to not even be able to say that he is a follwer of Jesus and denies even knowing him. At the time, I'm sure that Peter was really scared but he also didn't care about Jesus has much as he thought he did. If we really cared for God and really loved him, wouldn't we be willing to go to the ends of the earth for him? But instead, at times like Peter, he couldn't even admit he knew Jesus. It's probably hard to care for Jesus as much as we care for ourselves but as a team, we should start caring alot about each other and God. Because if we can't care about each other in which I can consider a family, we can't care for God so it's very important to start caring for each other because it'll be easier. Our theme for the retreat is really important because it's back to the basics, the little things that will help us care about God and know him better.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:19 am

Ugh its official it's the body aching cold...TYLENOL TIME YAH! lol I sounded like a druggie!

Money really is a dangerous thing!

anyways crap Jesus is going to die. He was betrayed and now is walking to his death. Judas represents the fear, and inconvenience we have in our hearts sometimes when we are confronted by the topic of God and etc. Everyone has pulled a Judas before, we all betrayed God for materialistic or social things, and the thing is we regret it after, and this is how guilt is created. Guilt drove Judas to his death. We have many times abandon God, for our own personal gain. The problem is, it is too easy to do it. Through Judas, we really see how weak we our in this world, and the things provided by the world. If we can betray God, it would obviously be easier to betray parents, friends, spouses etc, and that really does scare me. The world has made us worry and care about how people view us as individuals, and that has crippled our relationship with God.

k that is all chow~
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:52 am

hey guys, SOOO COLD!!! My butt was Freezing!! well
my face was cuz i was wearing extra layers of pants so i was
fine but HOODIES DONT HELP THAT MUCH!!!

5They were delighted and agreed to give him money.

Man, i cant remember how many times i sinned with money and seen people
sin with money... Money is a VERY powerful thing, it can make people do bad stuff,
kill people and also seperate u from god. Thats y we say this, Do not worship money.

26But you are not to be like that. Instead, the greatest among you should be like the youngest, and the one who rules like the one who serves. 27For who is greater, the one who is at the table or the one who serves? Is it not the one who is at the table? But I am among you as one who serves.

Amen to that guys... LOL it's funny how no matter where we go, We are ranked, we may not
even talk about it or notice it but we are ALWAYS ranked. how in a korean family, if ur the youngest,
ur the lowest rank and the whole family treats u like a servent HAHA!! SOOOTRU!! These verses are like
my LIFE!!! ranking is like judging, HECK RANKING IS JUDGING!! And no one gets to judge but jesus himself
cuz he was the only one that lived on earth without sin. Jesus humbly says that he is the servent because
if he considers himself higher than the rest, he is judging. Altho he's the only one that can judge, he shows
compassion by not judging.

51But Jesus answered, "No more of this!" And he touched the man's ear and healed him.Wow, Jesus heals someone that is about to arrests him. I wouldnt do that even if i had the ability to heal.
If a person doesn't like me, It's a normal person's imidiate action to not like them back. the priest obviously
doens't like jesus. And he decided to follow the commandments, "Love your enemies."

61The Lord turned and looked straight at Peter. Then Peter remembered the word the Lord had spoken to him: "Before the rooster crows today, you will disown me three times."

Man, jesus KNEW this was gonna happen and he STILL decided to love him... Loving someone when people
dont louve you back is RELE hard. I think loving a person is HARD OVERALL!!! but jesus, he jst has this over flowing
love for everybody, even when someone kills him and betrays him, he still decides to love... WOW
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:56 am

im going to read my devos before i go to bed

g'night everyone!
Isaac