Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 24 Dec 12

+2
Kevin
Billy Kim
6 posters

Go down

Luke 24 Dec 12 Empty Luke 24 Dec 12

Post  Billy Kim Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:48 pm

Hey guys, Having a good weekend???
Filled with work and tired from yesterday
HAHA!!!

39Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have."

It's amazing how people depend on their senses too much... jesus knew that we depended on our senses
so the first thing he say is the work 'Look'. and even tho they have SEEN the miracles done by him, we need
to SEE again to believe he has risen from the dead... and we suffer with that too... Alot of people dont believe
in god because they havent SEEN any miracles done infront of their eyes....

46He told them, "This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

The number 3 came up sooo many times in this book. and it's sooo important. and the weird thing is, we're like a
sinning machine!! jesus died and he took all our sins, and When he CAME BACK from hell, we sinned AGAIN!! and
jesus forgave us AGAIN!! And up to this day, we STILL sin... And because he's love for us is SOOO GREAT, he
still decides to forgive us!!
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Luke 24 Dec 12 Empty Re: Luke 24 Dec 12

Post  Kevin Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:05 am

I pretty much got the same thing as billy.

39 Look at my hands. Look at my feet. You can see that it's really me. Touch me and make sure that I am not a ghost, because ghosts don't have bodies, as you see that I do."40 As he spoke, he showed them his hands and his feet.

It's unbelievable how skeptic we are. I can probably say that every member of us on the praise team has faith in God but we also have doubts. To get rid of the doubts, we have to SEE God. We don't believe enough to fully trust God with everything. An example with all the disciples, they all saw Jesus get crucified and all saw him die, but they doubted how much power Jesus has. He is a form of God and he can't be taken down by regular humans but even though they had all this in the back of their mind, they still believed that Jesus was dead because they saw it. I think with God, we need to rely less on our senses, and rely more on God himself.

SEE YOU TOMROROW~~
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:10 am

I agree with Billy, it's funny how stupid and ignorant we can be. It's really important to note that the disciplies didn't recognize Jesus. No matter how much time they spent with Jesus, when he returned from the dead they couldn't recognize him until Jesus broke the bread. This is significant for a number of reasons - the disciples might've been blinded because they are bound and limited by the principles of science and this world. Realistically, when someone dies, they. die. And don't come back. The disciples, ignoring how many times Jesus told them about himself rising from the dead, were too stuck in their ways and were blinded by their belief that people can't come back from the dead, which prevented them from seeing Jesus. In the same way, we too are often blinded by the world - we believe that many things are 'impossible', when there's no such thing as impossible for God. So in order to live the most fulfilling christian life possible we have to free ourselves from the limitations the world sets on us.
Also Jesus might've physically loooked different when he came back - or something about him made him unrecognizable to the disciples. if thats the case it shows us how Jesus can take so many forms. We just have to have open hearts so that we can recognize him and find Jesus in all aspects of our lives. In this way we don't restrict Jesus to just our Sunday lives at church or just during prayer time or devos.. But we'lll be able to see Jesus in other people, in our friendships, family, leaders, etc. And doesn't that make it so much easier to be a Christian when you can 'recognize Jesus' all around you? Good stuff.

Kk so i have so much history to do. so im gonna go do that.
And I will see you all tmrw!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:06 am

great devos guys... im sorry but im at a friends house studying, and my brain cant handle words...

no sleep + early work + more studying + errands + 6 more hours of study = head ache Sad
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:03 am

Ugh I know why I am sick. I ate moldy bread. I checked the bread I ate yesterday and the dies are filled with mold. I guess I did not see them in the morning.

This part really got me

But our leading priests and other religious leaders handed him over to be condemned to death

I mean, dang. I don't know why but this really gets to me. Our religious leaders screwed over Jesus. Something about that leaves a bad taste in your mouth

How much more proof do you need, lol sometimes I feel as if I need endless amount of proof just handed to me. We need to believe, without seeing. I always remembered that Sam preached about how obvious the world around us tell of a creator. I never understood him until I had my dude.....moment. Sometimes God will come to you in a calming way, where God becomes so apparent in the world around you.

that is all
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:39 pm

sorry i didnt post my devo yesterday guys :S
i did do it, but i was at my cousins place, so i didnt have comp access... (they run on macs, and the one that was @ their home was broken) hahaha
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down