Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 16

4 posters

Go down

Luke 16 Empty Luke 16

Post  Allan Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:35 pm

o man i really want to do co-op art management in U of T. Never knew U of T had such a course!

10 Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much

Even with little things like lying, it can drastically hurt yourself and those around you. If you can't be trusted to tell the truth among those closest to you, how are we going to ever trust you with anything. I've known Sam for about 8-9 years, and I know that he has a intolerance for lying. I never understood why when I was young. Lying did not seem like a big deal to me. Lying is one of those things that seem so little, but can have the biggest imapct within a relationship. It is basiscally a verbal slap towards someone, and I told my share of lies before, and they all have had negative consequences. If you are lying to protect your pride, abandon it. It will do you know good. Pride is not a bad thing, to set yourself standards, but pride to feel superior over someone, is evil. Tell the truth, becasue I know how badly lying came screw you and those around you over.

The rich man was making excuses. It does not seem like a excuse, but in reality it is. You have no one to blame for your own short-comings. It is a painful truths you wish was false.

K that is all C ys guys!
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Luke 16 Empty Re: Luke 16

Post  Grace Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:39 pm

ugh, so i had a bad day my mood isnt the greatest... but ill suck it up and get through it.......
but on the plus side, i got 95% of my assignments done !!!

19"There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.
22"The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23In hell,[a] where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'
25"But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony.

This really made me like want to be better. God doesnt look for the people who are happy and the best of the best in the world. He looks for those who NEED His help, those who have nothing, those who really have faith in Him and serve Him even if they dont have a lot. This guy thought he had everything when he was on earth. He didnt care much about heaven, hell, God and all that stuff when he was living, because he thought he had everything he needed while he was still living. Lazarus had nothing, he was always last. But he knew he needed God and depended on Him, he had faith in God. He made it to heaven. Lazarus didnt see the concequences that came after until he died and realized he was not in heaven. He saw Lazarus happy with God in His eternal kingdom... but was unhappy in hell. He asked to cool off there because he was burning, but God said no. In one of the previous chapters Jesus said that the gates of heaven are narrow. Very few actually make it in, and if youre not in God says "i dont know you" man....
I guess what im trying to say is that, it doesnt matter how well you live in this lifetime. We may have a lot, we may not have a whole lot.... we could have nothing. But it shouldnt matter. For all we need is God. The suffering we experience is so short compared to the eternity we will spend in heaven with God after we leave this unperfect world! Let's strive to really devote our lives to God. "All we need is you" really heavy lyrics. We need to really think about it , when we say all we need is God, what are we saying? We need to understand that material can only go so far... God can provide anything for us. He made eveyrhting, so why is it so hard to leave all this stuff, when we know that God will provide? When God will give us what we need, He can make our lives better....
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:23 pm

10 "If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won't be honest with greater responsibilities

Both these comparisons had to do with starting with the little things first. If we can't keep 1 simple rule, we cant keep 1 big rule. If we can't do 1 small thing for God, we can't do 1 big thing for God. Theres a real big importance to this and i think that's why we're focusing on back to the basics on our upcoming retreat. Because basics are everything, we have to know the easiest and most simplest things to do good on the harder things. And if we think about it, it makes sense. If we can't do one simple thing for God like helping a non christian out, how can we do something huge like put our lives risk and live our lives as missionaries.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:44 am

remember when i said we have to do the little things?
"10 “If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones."
I didnt know there was a direct passage for it aha

I like the last part of this chapter

Sorry guys i had to study a lot today, just got home
ill see you tomorrow
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down