Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 21 - May 31.

+2
Esther
julian
6 posters

Go down

Luke 21 - May 31. Empty Luke 21 - May 31.

Post  julian Tue May 31, 2011 7:47 pm

Post here.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Luke 21 - May 31. Empty Re: Luke 21 - May 31.

Post  julian Tue May 31, 2011 9:15 pm

Hey all! Prom is in two days, and am super excited, haha!
I've got many things to do, so I guess I'll get what I can done!

The first part really did strike me very much - the part of this chater where the widow dropped only a few coins whereas rich men gave 'better' offerings. It really seemed as if giving a certain number of offerings would be more pleasing to the Lord, but truly - if you give all that you have on earth, THAT is true sacrifice - not 90%, 99%, or 30% of your wallet. It was her full worth of what she had on the earth - and she offered all of that to God. That really made me think about the theme of offering.. excellent.

Another major part talked about how destruction WILL take place - and it all started with our fault of sin as opposed to God. It made me see from these verses (7 to 19) that terrible things will happen when we do trust in God. It's not as if everything on earth will be the best all the time. There ARE hardships that we face, and in the most extreme case as described here, we will fight alongside God and be betrayed from the rest of the world, yet God desires us to have trust in him. With his trust, we surely will be able to overcome much of what is impossible - as he says that none of our adversaries will be able to resist or contradict.

Verse 33 also stood out to me in this chapter - Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away. God shows so much through his words and his tongue - when he said let there be light, THERE WAS LIGHT. God's actions and words are just so everlasting in comparison to everything else that happens here on Earth or even in heaven. God is what lasts, endures, and lives forever.

See you later!
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue May 31, 2011 9:17 pm

4 All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on."

God values quality over quantity. He doesn't care about how much you can give. It's all about how much care and love you put into it. You can pray and thank God as much as you want but you'll never be able to top someone who prays once and has twice the passion and emotion you had (not that faking that you're passion will be the same thing).

Also, this passage talks a lot about how no matter what anyone says, you have to stay firm and keep your faith in God. Everyone can try to deceive you but if you stay with God, you'll receive your reward, in heaven.

Did I mention that I loved this whole story!? I do! Very Happy
And the weather?! :DD Hahahahaa

Anywaaay, that's it! Hope you guys have a good Wednesday! (:
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Tue May 31, 2011 10:24 pm

1Jesus looked up and saw some rich people tossing their gifts into the offering box. 2He also saw a poor widow putting in two pennies. 3And he said, "I tell you that this poor woman has put in more than all the others. 4Everyone else gave what they didn't need. But she is very poor and gave everything she had."
more proof that its not about how MUCH you give/do/say its about where your heart lies... your true intentions and reason behind what you do/say/give
those 2 pennies, was worth more than any amount of gold or silver given by some rich guy who doesnt even care. WHY? yeah sure it wasnt much, but she was really giving all she had, because she wanted to give God everything ~ I feel bad reading this.. because i find it hard to even keep my offering constant Sad i should really work on this....

Don't be fooled by those who will come and claim to be me. They will say, "I am Christ!" and "Now is the time!" But don't follow them. 9When you hear about wars and riots, don't be afraid. These things will have to happen first, but that isn't the end.
that rapture actually pissed me off... not going to lie.. went on facebook, went out with friends... couldnt go anywhere without hearing "omg the world is going to end" "if its the end of the world, why is it sunny"
NO ONE KNOWS BUT GOD. even Jesus doesnt know when that day is!!! In history there has been tons of gutty guys who are like "I'm Jesus" or "The world is going to end ________" but really... whats there to even worry about.... because if your faith stays strong and you follow the Lord, then whether that day is tomorrow or a million years later.... we'll be ready for it. thats why i love the phrase "live like its your last day" because thats how you should, always living to the fullest, doing all you can to glorify God each and every day.
I cant go too much into detail, but someone ive known since i was REALLY young, passed away this past weekend.. and i didnt even know till today.
and i guess because it was someone i actually know and was close in age to, it had a bigger impact on me. Right then it hit me, that we really dont know.... what day will be our last. He was so young.... and .... he's..... gone.......
i take that phrase pretty literally now "live like its your last day"
because you never know when that will be.

34Don't spend all of your time thinking about eating or drinking or worrying about life. If you do, the final day will suddenly catch you 35like a trap. That day will surprise everyone on earth. 36Watch out and keep praying that you can escape all that is going to happen and that the Son of Man will be pleased with you.
But i want to tell you guys, do not fear death.
Because if we live for God, and accept Christ as our saviour, then theres nothing to be scared of, because then we will be with God in heaven forever Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue May 31, 2011 11:30 pm

Hey guys!
I'll get straight to my devo.

I'm sure that we all have heard the story of the poor widow but I wanted to emphasize it and share my thoughts! Other men gave in TONS of money but they were so rich, that tons of money seemed like nothing. They got praise and glory from their peers around them and they took pleasure in that. Whereas, the one widow...WIDOW, gave one coin, which was all she had. I emphasized widow because this women had no one to support her. Her husband had died and all she had left in her life was that one coin. To her, iit was everything, and she gave it to God. In comparison, she gave so much more than any man donating large sums of money but not high proportionally. This widow truly demonstrated that she doesn't need the things of this world to live a life that's worthy of our God. I really envied this widow's actions because I would find it hard to do what she had done but she was a perfect example of how we should see the things of this world.

That'swhat i got
see yous
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:05 am

i cant wait till summer! Smile i only have 5 exams hehe but theyre gunna be super hard Sad
owell! Smile
1 While Jesus was in the Temple, he watched the rich people dropping their gifts in the collection box. 2 Then a poor widow came by and dropped in two small coins.[a]
3 “I tell you the truth,” Jesus said, “this poor widow has given more than all the rest of them. 4 For they have given a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is, has given everything she has.”
i like this first part because it shows that God doesnt care about the quantity of what youre giving, but the quality. This refering to how much you are willing to give back to God and how hones and selfless the offering is! It also illustrates that God knows what is going on in our lives inside and out and knows what we are thinking, so if we do everything in his honour honestly, and to the best of your ability, God will understand, and God will be joyful. However, if you worship just to worship, or give offering just because you "have to", then God will also see through the act you may or may not be putting up, he will see that youre trying to lie. Thats probably many times worse than just being honest and saying, "i'm not in the mood to worship, God help me change that" etc. because God knows it already. However, he can't help until you ask him to, because its our choice.
14 So don’t worry in advance about how to answer the charges against you, 15 for I will give you the right words and such wisdom that none of your opponents will be able to reply or refute you!
i think that this is a good verse to remember becasue if you guys are like me, you tend to rely on yourself alooot. But God says that we should rely on him whenever we need his wisdom or whenever we are lost. We dont have to worry because he has our baacks Wink haha i dont know about you guys, but this lifts loads of stress off of my shoulders. God will never put me in a situation i cannot handle, and if i need help, be failthful and he will bring help in many ways Smile <3
34 “Watch out! Don’t let your hearts be dulled by carousing and drunkenness,
omgsh this has no relevance, but hehe i was going to the library afterschool with some friends nd these oold men are riding bikes past us and theyre all like" guys we are so drunk!, were really drunk right now, so drunk" LOL it was funnny Smile
anywho! thats all for today! night guys!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:06 am

Hey guys. I'm loving our Saturday setlist. It's awesome.

8 He said, "Watch out for the doomsday deceivers. Many leaders are going to show up with forged identities claiming, 'I'm the One,' or, 'The end is near.' Don't fall for any of that.9 When you hear of wars and uprisings, keep your head and don't panic. This is routine history and no sign of the end."

So I decided this verse is very relevant to our world today. Not to us directly, but to our world. There is a lot of stuff nowadays about the end of the world. Harold Camping had predicted the Rapture, and the day Jesus will come, but the honest truth is, no one will ever know when Jesus will come back or when the tribulation will happen. People have been trying to predict the day throughout the past, but no one knows when. It might happen tomorrow, or after our lifetimes, but I'm just saying that we should never believe those rumors or false prophecies.

33 Sky and earth will wear out; my words won't wear out.

This verse provides so much hope because it explains how even if we as a human race are on our last legs, God will always be there. Never loose hope and never loose dependance on God no matter how bad things my seem, because God will always be there. Never wearing out, even though our world may.

Good night guys!

DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down