Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 16 - May 24.

+2
Grace
julian
6 posters

Go down

Luke 16 - May 24. Empty Luke 16 - May 24.

Post  julian Tue May 24, 2011 6:23 pm

Hey all. I've got a whole lot of work to do, and I anticipate no sleep tonight... I just pray I'll be alive tomorrow conducting, haha! D:

In fact, I was really spooked out by this chapter, especially towards the end... oh man, did it feel deep!

Verse 10 essentially tells me that if something is either faithful or unrighteous, regardless of how much we have from either one, it is as it is. Being righteous in little is the same as being righteous in lots. This was pretty interesting considering I talked on Friday about the parable of the mustard seed - that having genuine faith, regardless of how much we truly have, is surely a blessed thing. Even the size of a mustard seed is enough to sprout fruit in the future...

Verse 13 also goes on to say that we cannot serve two masters. We worship one and hate the other. As Christians - as followers - we are expected to worship God and hate other idols that stand in God's way. And it even goes on to talk about money. Money is just a number in the books, but in the real world, it is what drives people insane. It's what forms a basis around people's lives, which is fine, but it also causes greed. I'm sure God provides, like he did with the Israelites on their journey. He provided them Manna, a decent food to eat, but then the Israelites became greedy and wanted more of something else. In a sense, God provides us enough with money, but asking for too much from him - for selfishness - is truly sinful. And God surely hates it when something is being worshiped as he is.

The Rich Man and Lazarus was possibly one of the chapters that made me extremely sad considering my position on things. It reminded me of how little time on Earth that we really have, and that hell is REAL. There's no escaping it, and if we don't show qualities of God, then we really will be sent to the devil for all eternity. And it's such a scary reality that no word gets out - otherwise, what's the point of faith? Would faith have any use if we already KNEW from sources that Jesus is the only way to heaven? I'm sure everyone would go and believe if it were scientifically proven, but without faith? Shouldn't we be trusting in God? That's what made me scared, but made me also assured that we have many things to do in our life that we have on earth. Makes me reflect as of now...

Take care guys.

Julian.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Luke 16 - May 24. Empty Re: Luke 16 - May 24.

Post  Grace Tue May 24, 2011 11:42 pm

do you guys ever wake uo from a nap, feeling utterly confused? LOLLLL i just woke up like an hour ago, cause i fell asleep after taking some allergy meds. man when they say "may cause drowsiness" i didnt think that it would knock me out cold XD

10Anyone who can be trusted in little matters can also be trusted in important matters. But anyone who is dishonest in little matters will be dishonest in important matters.
The Parable of the Dishonest Manager...hmm, big lesson on TRUST. in this one and HONESTY!
i was sort of confused by the "wicked wealth" part in this chapter, but this verse is just so true!
everything counts, like the little things we do in the beginning that leads up to bigger responsibilities later on in life.
if you cant be trusted with little tasks, and for a little bit of honesty now, how will people look at you when you are to be entrusted with bigger tasks that are much more important?
It's SOOOO important to be an honest person, lies will only tangle you up later, and will cause you much trouble.

24he said to Abraham, "Have pity on me! Send Lazarus to dip his finger in water and touch my tongue. I'm suffering terribly in this fire." 25Abraham answered, "My friend, remember that while you lived, you had everything good, and Lazarus had everything bad. Now he is happy, and you are in pain. 26And besides, there is a deep ditch between us, and no one from either side can cross over."
The last parable about Lazarus... its something that really makes me reflect and gets me thinking about my future.
How well you live in this lifetime, like when it comes to riches, doesnt actually matter.
Sure it may make your life more comfortable and what not, but in the end, all that matters, is HOW you LIVED so that you deserve to go to Heaven.
God doesnt let people into his Kingdom according to how rich you were when you lived on earth and how much offering you gave because ... you could.
He looks for people who honestly believes in the Lord, served others and does whatever possible to worship, and serve HIM.
Let's not focus on riches, and other worldly things, because its not about how high your status is on earth. It's about how much you love Christ Smile
It's scary to think that some people actually end up in the flames... and it's sad because once that is set, neither can cross over.
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed May 25, 2011 12:23 am

10 “If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities

So this verse says it all haha. We have to start with the little things first before we handle the bigger things. I feel like I've read this recently somewhere. Anyways, if we can't love our neighbours, there's no way we can love God. If we can't trust our neighbours, there's no way that we can trust God. I think that a lot of the time for all of us, we tend to ignore the little things because they are simply little. They are things that seem like they wouldn't make a difference. Al lthose little things are lead ups to the bigger things and they all do make a difference. From little things to helping someone out in your daily lives or big things to going on missions. Everything counts.

Yeee that''s what I got.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Wed May 25, 2011 1:26 am

LOL omygosh grace! xD that happened to mee!! i took benadryl nd i was like falling asleep standing up whie doing a lab in chem!! haha darned "may cause drowsiness"
18 “For example, a man who divorces his wife and marries someone else commits adultery. And anyone who marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery.”
whaaaaa thats such a weird verse! i dont understand! Sad what if the person you married was the wrong one?? :O
i read this chapter guys and nothing really stuck out to me! :S only that verse kinda confused me a touch. haha
night guys!!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed May 25, 2011 1:45 am

9 Here’s the lesson: Use your worldly resources to benefit others and make friends. Then, when your earthly possessions are gone, they will welcome you to an eternal home.

This one was pretty self-explanatory. There isn't much I wanted to say, but I wanted to be able to look back on this verse.

10 “If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities"

I know I constantly think that as long as I do the big things, the little things wont matter. And so, I tend to ignore the little things but this verse makes a lot of sense. How can you pass over the little things, and think you can handle the bigger things? You can't, really. If you are faithful to God in the little ways, it will be easier to be faithful in bigger ways.

13 “No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.”

Again, something I found interesting. Kind of a note-to-self.

25 “But Abraham said to him, ‘Son, remember that during your lifetime you had everything you wanted, and Lazarus had nothing. So now he is here being comforted, and you are in anguish.
Throughout this whole passage, I learned not to fall into the lure of worldly things. Always be willing to share and always be kind to others. If you just remember that none of it matters when you're dead, you start to think about what really does matter.
If you just do unto others as you would like to have done unto you, you're set! (:

Alright, I'm pooooped. See you guys!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Wed May 25, 2011 9:56 pm

LOLLLL jennifer! thats the one i took! except i took 2.
cause apperently, extra strong, isnt strong enough -.- hahaha
i see you feel my pain Razz
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Mon May 30, 2011 11:39 pm

So heres my before devo!

There wasnt much in this Chapter because it was basically storytelling but what i got was a short message.
Learn from your mistakes and you will always be given help and extra chances to repay for waht you have done.
Example being if you owe something back to somebody. (like in scripture)
But you keep falling into dept and are unable to pay it back.
If you keep trying, you will alwayhs be rewarded new chances and help from others.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down