Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 3 May 5th

4 posters

Go down

Luke 3 May 5th Empty Luke 3 May 5th

Post  Kevin Tue May 03, 2011 7:58 pm

!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Luke 3 May 5th Empty Re: Luke 3 May 5th

Post  Grace Thu May 05, 2011 10:54 pm

OKAY. so i dont know if im going to the starfield concert tomorrow or the one on sunday XD
ahaha, i originally promised my friend that i'd go with him, but he bought tickets already for the one on sunday... so hmmm.... i need to figure this out... have my tickets reserved for both, so i just have to buy them LOLLLLL dang ittttt, im so indecisive right now >.<
if i dont go tomorrow night, tell me how it is !!! Very Happy ahahaha

8Do something to show that you really have given up your sins. Don't start saying that you belong to Abraham's family. God can turn these stones into children for Abraham.
So, this is the main verse that stood out to me and kind of linked to everything else i got from this chapter.
We can't just SAY that we have given up our sins, but we need to ACT upon our words!
Our words only mean so much if we do not try to do something about it.
The rest of the chapter says things like, feed the hungry if you have food to spare, help those who need it, put others before you, show God's goodness through your actions.
This is all good, and it is true, it reflects well upon God and ourselves, but i believe that we should do this because we really want to, not because we feel like we have to and have no other choice... because we need to do this with a real, loving heart that wishes to serve.
Also, i think that it's also saying not to go back to the same sins twice. If we know that it's wrong, we need to try and fix it, not just be like "oh well" and then go back to it.
And finally, i think it really speaks about where our hearts lie. God is the ultimate power, he is the almighty father who can do anything and everything. We shouldnt put up idols in our lives and pretend that they are God.

have a good night guys !!!
and ill see you all this weekend ~
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Fri May 06, 2011 12:11 am

Hey guys. I did stuff... and then it got deleted D:. its ok. its not that late so i'll just re do it...

7-9When crowds of people came out for baptism because it was the popular thing to do, John exploded: "Brood of snakes! What do you think you're doing slithering down here to the river? Do you think a little water on your snakeskins is going to deflect God's judgment? It's your life that must change, not your skin.

I think this verse doesn't only apply to baptized people, but I think it explains the perfect way to live as a Christian. We should not do holy things so that we can earn recognition and come out as a physically different person, but so that we can change our lives. You guys probably know this better, but getting baptized is not so that we can do it, its so that we can say we will change our lives and try to be more like Jesus. Oh.. shoot. my parents are rushing me to get off the comp... sorry.... umm... I just wanted to say that if we do something for God, don't do it in vain. there should always be some sort of personal change or at least a yearning to change....

sorry guys...
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Fri May 06, 2011 12:58 am

Ohh Grace I was looking forward to seeing you there tomorrow
jeez whatever hahahaha

8 Prove by the way you live that you have repented of your sins and turned to God. Don’t just say to each other, ‘We’re safe, for we are descendants of Abraham.’ That means nothing, for I tell you, God can create children of Abraham from these very stones

I liked this verse because it states what we do to take the next step further after repentance. Talk is cheap, we can say one thing but we can easily do the opposite. Repentance doesn't just mean to ask for forgiveness, it also means for one to change his/her ways. Everyday we should repent to God and everyday we should make that effort to change. God doesn't like it when we sin, but I'm sure he gets even more hurt when we REPEAT that sin. Hopefully, all of us will be able to walk the talk and really desire to change from our sinful ways.

11 John replied, “If you have two shirts, give one to the poor. If you have food, share it with those who are hungry.”

13 He replied, “Collect no more taxes than the government requires.

So these two verses spoke to me! These verses can be applied to our daily lives. Everyday in our lives will come a time in which we receive something. It's up to us whether we take more than we need and as clearly stated in these verses, we should only take what we need. Never more than necessary.

Yeahh that's what I Got!
See you sATURDAY!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Fri May 06, 2011 1:29 am

From verse 23, it states all the people who were born from WHO.
It all narrowed down to God. I think this is a really cool message because even though your mother is mom,
God is her father, which means he is our father.
Everything always ends up to be God, so it is really an honour to be a part of Gods family.
The rest of the chapter was kinda like a story.
I jsut wanted to emphasize the awesomeness verse 23 brings.
Yeeeeee!

STARFIELD CONCERT.
see you sat.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content