Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 7 May 11

+2
Esther
Kevin
6 posters

Go down

Luke 7 May 11 Empty Luke 7 May 11

Post  Kevin Tue May 10, 2011 7:46 pm

ASD
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Luke 7 May 11 Empty Re: Luke 7 May 11

Post  Esther Wed May 11, 2011 4:56 am

47 “I tell you, her sins—and they are many—have been forgiven, so she has shown me much love. But a person who is forgiven little shows only little love.” 48 Then Jesus said to the woman, “Your sins are forgiven.”

This means so much. It really shows how much God loves us and how fairly he treats us.
No matter how many times you mess up in your life, if you really ask God for forgiveness, if you really show him how much you love him, he'll forgive you. He will wait for you always. There isn't a certain time you have to do it by and his love is timeless.

Okay, I'm super tired so I'll see you guys on Sunday!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Wed May 11, 2011 11:14 pm

herro guys!
so i went shopping today, and got a lot of work done too , mhmmm it was a good day
THE WEATHER WAS BEAUTIFUL, im a little bit tanned too if i do say so myself ahahahha Smile
i talked with a university of ottawa representative today... she gave me more contact info and everything.. seems so early.. but i guess its good to get a head start somewhat... too bad i still have no clue on what i want to do/study XD

22Jesus said to the messengers sent by John, "Go and tell John what you have seen and heard. Blind people are now able to see, and the lame can walk. People who have leprosy [a] are being healed, and the deaf can now hear. The dead are raised to life, and the poor are hearing the good news. 23God will bless everyone who doesn't reject me because of what I do."
I love these 2 verses,
i think its saying that its important to spread the good news, and tell others about Jesus and everything He did for us ! Like Jesus says in verse 23, God will bless us if we do not reject Him, and therefore we must tell others about everytihng we have seen and heard. All of the good things that God has/had done for us because He is performing big and small miracles everyday! He is constantly taking care of us, and watching over our every step. Why not tell others about his goodness? Some people just might need to hear it- put a little hope into their lives Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Wed May 11, 2011 11:45 pm

LOOOL the weather was sooo nice.
i played basketball after school. So nice.
Kevin sucks.

Chapter 7

44-46 it states how Simon did nothing when Jesus came to his house but the "woman" did everything.
She wet Jesus' feet with ehr tears and wiped them with her hair.
She kissed His feet.
Poured perfume on his feet.
Therefore, all her sins were forgiven.
This is because the woman had all her faith in Jesus Christ. 50 Jesus said to the woman, "your faith has saved you; go in peace."
If you have faith, you will be saved.
If you do nothing for God, you will not be forgiven and saved.
Be sure to keep this in mind guys!
dont just praise God on stage, for fame, do it for God.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Thu May 12, 2011 12:17 am

Hey guys!

I guess things are starting to be on the rise, as I was able to get some rest after leading through a new arrangement, haha. Took a while, but seems to be alright. Impatience is killing me, especially around this time, especially when you're forced to decide... in 20 days. Again, continue to pray for me - not so much for my acceptances, though it IS important, but rather just for myself and my relationship, hoping that I continue to put more of him inside, and less of me.

Verse 8 stands out as a good reminder that we should definitely do what God says. The explanation seems to be pretty clear; it's pretty difficult for me, if you read my story (that I did during sectionals). It's just a natural feeling to do what seems right to ourselves, but not to God - what he thinks can be in a completely different perspective than ours... but really, following in his light is the key to success, at the end of the day.

This really made me think about verse 14, where Jesus says 'Young man, I tell you, get up!' Jesus DOES his miracles - not just talking about them or making some sort of an act. He heals, he does these awesome signs, and it surely isn't an illusion. And Jesus does this so easily just by commanding - using words. God's word is so powerful, beyond what we can say, I'm sure. His wisdom is our strength if we take it in - and if we don't, I'm sure that it's not put to use.

That's just some food for thought, I guess.

Julian.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Thu May 12, 2011 12:20 am

Hey guys. I recently found out that a friend of mine was a suppressed Christian in his family. His family is Buddhist, but he tries to be Christian and that sounds difficult. I'm sure he'd appreciate it if we could all keep him in our prayers. Thanks.

"That's right," said Jesus. Then turning to the woman, but speaking to Simon, he said, "Do you see this woman? I came to your home; you provided no water for my feet, but she rained tears on my feet and dried them with her hair. You gave me no greeting, but from the time I arrived she hasn't quit kissing my feet. You provided nothing for freshening up, but she has soothed my feet with perfume. Impressive, isn't it? She was forgiven many, many sins, and so she is very, very grateful. If the forgiveness is minimal, the gratitude is minimal."

In this verse, I learned a couple of things. First, there's the thing about Jesus forgiving all our sins. No matter how large or problematic our transgressions, if we have the right heart before him, he will forgive us. Though there is that message, the message I found the most important in this verse was about being grateful for his forgiveness. In this verse, Jesus talked to a devout man. A man who tried to live without sin, so he took his forgiveness for granted. We have sins greater than that. Thinking about it, we spit in God's face everyday by sinning in front of him, but when it comes to forgiveness, we are not thankful enough. Whether we have much sin or little, we have to learn to be thankful for his forgiveness. We can never take it for granted. This woman set the perfect example for how thankful we should be. She was grateful enough to do all that for him, but right now we are like the Pharisee who did not even offer to wash his feet. We should really learn to be thankful that it is possible to forgive our sins, and that there is someone to do that.

Good night guys.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu May 12, 2011 12:56 am

6 So Jesus went with them. But just before they arrived at the house, the officer sent some friends to say, “Lord, don’t trouble yourself by coming to my home, for I am not worthy of such an honor. 7 I am not even worthy to come and meet you. Just say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed.

Haha I don't know about you guys but this verse really made me go wow! The officer felt like that just knowing that Jesus was there alone was enough. He didn't have to see Jesus to it in front of him to believe it. He had such great faith that he PRETTY MUCH said, I'm not worthy of being in your presence and I trust that you will let your will be done. I think about this man's faith and he was so selfless. He humbly asked Jesus to help him in his time of need and not once did he demand that Jesus do it in front of him. We can all be a little bit more like this man, that just knowing that Jesus is there, without having him physically present in our lives, is enough for us to believe. That we don't need to see iit to believe it.

From verses 41-50, I learned that from the analogy of the money lending, everyone is forgiven regardless. But the ones with heavier baggage, (more sins) are forgiven more so they obviously show more love just as the woman in the parable had. I thought about how much I sin everyday, it's countless and yet Jesus takes ALL of that and forgives me for ALL of it. That made me think, since Jesus has SO much to forgive me for, should I not show my gratefulness and my love towards him for he cancelled our fate to burn in hell just as how the kind man had cancelled the debts of both people. Not only because we sin so much should we love our God but also because he loved us first!

Yeahh that's what I got from this chapter
I really liked it hahahhaa
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content