Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 1

+3
josephpaik
jennifer
Isaac
7 posters

Go down

Luke 1 Empty Luke 1

Post  Isaac Tue May 03, 2011 7:29 pm

DID YOU GUYS MISS ME? yeah thought so,

cheers
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Luke 1 Empty Re: Luke 1

Post  jennifer Tue May 03, 2011 10:09 pm

So! Todays devo:
Luke 1
this chapter told a story of many many miracles and illustrates to us how faith in god can lead to these types of miracles!s But the verse that stuck out to me most in this passage was verse 37-" For nothing is impossible with God' "
It stuck out to me because i guess i kind of forgot that God can do absolutely anything he wants! It doesnt. Have to be fair, it doesnt have to be for a reason at all. This verse shows many many thingss
It shows that God gives soo much that we dont desserve. Imagine having a billion bucks, and you decide to spend it on people who have done wrongs and keep doing wrongs against you. Youre using that money FOR them, to HELP them! That's terribly hard! It also gives me an idea of why its so hard for some people to get a grip around this thought of
God and salvation. Because it is out of their mind, it is beyond their imagination. Who could imagine, not only God, but a God that can make people out of dust, send unicorns flying through the air, or completely destroy and create the world in the blink of an eye and more. INCLUDING all of the unconditional love he has for the billions of us around the world. Yeah! Its hard to get a grip on!
Finally, for nothing is impossible with God shows me that I can fully trust Him with my whole life. He has the power,everything that happens to me is in His will, and His will is what He wants for me, right? So rationally, this is the best thing ever Smile I just wanted to point out this short nd sweet nd powerful verse Very Happy ahah anddd yeah its one to rememberrrr!
Byebye guyss! <3
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Wed May 04, 2011 12:03 am

kevin made sogng covers... LOL

Luke 1

This is just the start so i am going to be brief overall about the whole book.
Just form reading all the headings of this chapter, i realized that Luke would be a very powerful book to read about and to interpret to life. It emphasizes Birth of Jesus Foretold, so it must be really important! In this first chapter, i just analyzed the main idea of it and found it to be Births of many important people at the time. It also had stuff like Songs written by Mary and Zechariah that relates to God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy spirit and how they are good and will always be there for you in life.
I emphasize you guys thoroughly read through the songs and see what God is really like!

I hope to get more specific points in Luke as more chapters come!
Very Happy
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Wed May 04, 2011 12:20 am

ISAACCCCCC Smile ahaha

So today was actually a pretty good day, but yeah looks like im staying up late to study for my law test! Accounting quiz... I'm not even going to bother, I have no clue what's going on right now after missing a couple of days helping out at track :s

Anywaysssss, yay we're starting Luke! Smile

So I got a whole bunch of messages from this chapter

1) that God is good and everything happens for a reason according to his plan for us
2) God truly works in our lives everyday, and can perform many miracles in our lives that we probably couldn't even imagine. We may never know what God is planning for our future, but we must be patient and wait.
3)Being able to know and worship God is a truly joyous thing and we should rejoice!!!

Aside from the chapter, lately God has really been reminding me of His goodness. Reading books, watching movies, there have been some really meaningful things that have made me grow to appreciate God's love more and more... I don't really know how to explain it, but I'm really learning to just focus on my life day by day instead of stressing so much on the future.

Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed May 04, 2011 12:31 am

Joseph what are you talking about....

37 For nothing is impossible with God

In this passage, Mary has so many doubts that God will bless her with a child because of 2 very logical reasons. For one, she is of very old age and is no longer capable to conceive a child, and secondly, she is a virgin. But clearly, through this parable, God does give mary a child despite her age and the fact that she is a virgin. This demonstrates that logistics don't matter when you're dealing with God. A lot of the times we doubt God whether we have logical reasoning, we just doubt him because it's hard to believe in him when we can't see him. I hope that all of us will constantly remember that nothing is impossible with God, that we don't need to see it to believe it and that we can trust our God because I know he answers our prayers.

Man this is was a long chapter hahah
But I thought it was great!
See yous!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Wed May 04, 2011 12:39 am

YO guys... i was in the middle of writng my devo, and then i accidentally pressed an exit shortcut... D: so... i'll just give a brief gist...

so from this chapter i learned that god can do anything through those who are faithful and god fearing. what i got from that is that, if these people could have their lives changed like that, why can't we. If we put our trust in God and we seek him, i htink that GOd will work through us to do things beyond our imaginations.

Good nigtht
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Wed May 04, 2011 9:47 pm

I apologize for not doing yesterday's devotion, I should've kept myself to stay up a little longer.
I'll say that I didn't FORGET, but I chose not to do it out of fatigue. Now I'm a little bit better, and me personally, I feel I can concentrate on God's word much more. Sorry about that.

There's one main idea that I get from reading this - God is beyond our logic. Bearing a child at an old age wouldn't seem to be very practical, considering that science tells us that it's impossible to do so. Many others would say that being a virgin, it would be impossible to have a child. Yes, these rules bound us, but God can go outside of that. I mean, Christ was risen, amen? And what can death do - it can't hold God down, and nothing truly can. God is someone who can do anything that he desires to, and I'm sure he wanted us to think that relying on ourselves - on logic alone - will get us nowhere.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down