Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 7 (NOV 23)

+3
JacobPk
Cathy
Grace
7 posters

Go down

Luke 7 (NOV 23) Empty Luke 7 (NOV 23)

Post  Grace Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:38 pm

27This is the one about whom it is written:
" 'I will send my messenger ahead of you,
who will prepare your way before you.'[c] 28I tell you, among those born of women there is no one greater than John; yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he."

i really liked this verse. It changes your prespective on things. It says "there is no one greater than John; yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he." God doesnt look for the rich people who can give him millions of dollars on sunday when we are giving offering. He looks for heart and love when we give Him what we have. We could have 1 dollar. Thats all, give it to Him, and He is so happy with that. Because even though we are giving all of what we have, its because we LOVE God, and we want to give Him our best. This also made me think about being humble. Those who are humble in front of God, is blessed for sure. We shouldnt be like "God im the best!" when we are kneeling before Him, because we are not worthy at all. 6So Jesus went with them.
He was not far from the house when the centurion sent friends to say to him: "Lord, don't trouble yourself, for I do not deserve to have you come under my roof.

we need to really humble ourselves, and as daughters and sons of God, we need to go, set out and help those who need it. We need to take a step back, and just be able to see who God is sending us out for. Jesus came down, He is the son of God, holy and pleasing to God, and yet He came down, not to get special treatment from us, but FOR US . He came down, and served so many unworthy people, those who people rejected. He washed peoples feet, prayed for them, took out demons, let the lame walk, the blind see and etc. He performed all this for US. because God LOVES us. We need to love others, and just be able to serve with a wide, open heart. We dont need to do this by giving that person 1000 dollars, or pray for them for countless hours. That will come in time, and its hard... a lot harder than we think it is. because we are still sinners, we judge, and we tend to back away from things we're not comfertale with. But it starts with the small things. We can pray for them, just include them in your prayers, be nice to them, invite them to church if you want, just show them kindness, and compassion like Christ did. because in the bible it says that we need to grow to be more like Christ.

hope all of your weeks had a great start! mine was alright... so cold today.... pretty boring time in classes.
my fitness class signed up for this cpr course for hte next 3 days.. im already certified (woohoo lifeguard) and so now i need to teach and help them to get a mark..... mannnn! i do enough of that at the pool Razz haha
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Luke 7 (NOV 23) Empty Re: Luke 7 (NOV 23)

Post  Cathy Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:06 am

I look like a dead hoboman that got run over by a garbage truck.
It's really quite attractive. I walked into school with sweatpants, a baggy hoodie and running shoes today and I was SO COMFORTABLE. But i eventually had to change into my uniform and i was not pleased. If the whole point of the uniform is to help us focus on our studies and not our looks, we should be allowed to wear sweatpants!

So anyhoo. I'm sick again and I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open. So I'm gonna keep this short.
"47Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—for she loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little."
I absolutely loved Jesus' parable about the two men that owed money. Its so true how the one that is more 'in debt' or 'sinful' gains a lot more through forgiveness than the person who had a lot less sin. This is why Jesus always makes it a point to reach out to sinners - because he knows that his purpose isn't just to go to Earth, declare his holiness and then sit around and chill with other holy people. Instead, his main mission (other than the whole salvation thing) was to reach out and bring sinners to God. This affects us in two main ways:
Firstly, when we are discouraged by our own sin. When we fall back into old sinful habits and we start sinning a lot, Satan tries to use that to show us that we're bad people - that we'll never be close with God and tries to make shame and guilt take over and destroy our relationships with God. But this passage reminds us that God still loves sinners - even the really bad ones. And that in a weird and twisted way, it sort of strengthens our love for God, becuase of the forgiveness we find in him.
2) This can apply to how we interact with other people. It reminds us that we shouldn't be rejecting or judging sinful people. If these people are bad influences on you and are causing you to comit those same sins, then the bible tells us to cut off those relationships. But in terms of us judging them and thinking we're above them, this passage reminds us not to do that. And there is no such thing as 'hopeless people' or being 'too sinful for God to be able to reach them'. I remember sometime last year I was chilling with my other Isaac, who happens to be a pothead, drug dealer, and experiments with some really hard drugs. He's also a huge partier and makes sex tapes with his girlfriend. I guess you can call him one of those people that we would assume would never want to hear about God or ever accept him. So we were debating about marijuana and he was trying to convince me that marijuana opens up his mind and allows him to understand things on a 'higher' level, making him smarter when high. ahha and sometime in trying to prove him wrong, I started bringing in God - which was a huge risk and he totally could've slammed me down, but I was surprised by how carefully he listened to what i had to say and really tried to understand God and my relationship with him. it was great. We totally went from talking about marijuana to evenagelism. I guess what i'm trying to say with this example is that we should always reach out - even to those that seem unreachable.

I'd just like to clarify that I have never touched pot. To those who have accused me of being a pothead(cough cough BILLY AND ISAAC), you're WRONG. I'm just high on LOVEEE. And God = love. Ergo, I am high on God.

hahah have a great day tmrw!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:19 am

Say Word.
haha i like Luke, some good stories going on here.

I really like the Centurion's story of faith. He didn't need to see, but believe.
Believing is what stands us on our feet. The moment we see, we know, which isn't bad
but can we fully trust God without seeing him?

I really like this song Tear down the Walls and the pre-chrous goes like this
"i don't need to see it to believe it, cause i can't shake this fire burning deep inside my heart."
We don't have to physically see to believe, but to feel God is sufficient enough for me to undestand who he is and how great he is.

From verse 36 on, i see desperation for Truth by this woman.
This woman who wanted to be healed for the longest time and forgiven finally got the chance, and she threw herself to Jesus.
That's why we sing the song Breathe.
And iiiIiiiIiiii i'm desperate for you.
People often say it's not a real christian song, but i believe it is.
The moment we say we're desperate for God and we show it, we want it. We want God to do somethign with us.
and that's my vision for our church
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:55 am

" 15 Then the dead boy sat up and began to talk! And Jesus gave him back to his mother."
i actually didnt know this story until now... which is odd cause i read luke before aha

at first i didnt get why Jesus said "the one who repaid the most is loved the most". I thought he was implying that you love someone based how on how much you would, in sense, forget their debts. But later on he says " But a person who is forgiven little shows only little love.”" And again, i was thinking so do we have to sin a lot? THEN be forgiven A LOT to show LOTS of love?
I came to the conclusion that no, because we cannot quantify our sins in front of God... one is too many, and an infinite amount of sins can be forgiven.

Thats my devo!

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:00 am

Man i hate my Job, worked for 7 hours today...
Tired... ARG!!!

15The dead man sat up and began to talk, and Jesus gave him back to his mother.

Jesus raised a boy from the dead, And wat amazes me is not that he can raise the dead
but the fact that there are still people around the world that does not believe in jesus
christ AFTER he rose someone from the dead... Imagine someone you loved died and
someone rose that person from the dead, Wouldn't your mind be blown away?? and
even after people seen it with their own eyes, they did not believe in him... SHOCKED!!

41"Two men owed money to a certain moneylender. One owed him five hundred denarii,[d] and the other fifty. 42Neither of them had the money to pay him back, so he canceled the debts of both. Now which of them will love him more?"
43Simon replied, "I suppose the one who had the bigger debt canceled."
"You have judged correctly," Jesus said.

Sick story, I'm amazed by all the stories that jesus gives to us. But at the same time, u need
to think about how he's stories relate to the way he judges and when u understand y he tells
that story, it jst blows ur mind again.... The sinful women washed jesus's feet with perfume and
her hair while kissing he's feet and as all the people took pity on her, jesus was the only one
that's blessing her, We all need to learn not to take pity and not to judge, well if u're judging,
judge in a good way of course...

47Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—for she loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little."

Who has been forgiven little loves little, It's soo true because how can you know how to love
or be loved without being forgiven and by forgiving people... think about it, If you fogive someone
they will surly love you for firgiving them, and if somebody forgives u, you will of course love them...
I remember, i got in to a arguement with one of my closest friend and we ignored each other for a
couple of days and after, We jst had to forgive each other and we were closer than we were b4...
therefore, forgiving never brings anything bad but brings love...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:02 am

ahaha you are a pot head cathy
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:09 am

35 But wisdom is shown to be right by the lives of those who follow it

I like it when we talk about wisdom and i wanna share some of my thoughts about it. When we show our wisdom to others, it will be seen and it will be seen right. As all of us are on the praise team, we are leaders in our ministry and when we show wisdom, people will see it and see that it's good and they may follow what we do and that's what we as leaders, have as our roles. Wisdom isn't about making the smart decisions, it's about making the right decisions. (i remember isaac shared this) It's defintily smarter to cut other people from their jobs, but it's not wise to because that would put people in a bad position of their economic status. Wisdom is really important in our lives and especially as leaders because when we mess up, our congregations will see it and will think it's okai to do it if we do it, especially the younger ones. Wisdom is all about making the right choices and discisions and what would be good in God's eyes.

44 Then he turned to the woman and said to Simon, "Look at this woman kneeling here. When I entered your home, you didn't offer me water to wash the dust from my feet, but she has washed them with her tears and wiped them with her hair.45 You didn't greet me with a kiss, but from the time I first came in, she has not stopped kissing my feet.46 You neglected the courtesy of olive oil to anoint my head, but she has anointed my feet with rare perfume.
47 "I tell you, her sins—and they are many—have been forgiven, so she has shown me much love. But a person who is forgiven little shows only little love."48 Then Jesus said to the woman, "Your sins are forgiven."

That's kind of a large passage but i really like what Jesus explains and it makes so much sense. This woman was a big sinner but she showed alot of love and faith and hoped that Jesus would forgive her sins and he did. If we ever have alot of sins laying heavy on our minds, we should all show lots of love to God because when we have more sins, we're willing to do more for God. It's like if you want something REALLY badly, you're willing to do much more things for it rather than if you wanted something small, you would do less. If we have LOTS of sins and we want them to be gone, show alot of love and put faith in God so that he wll forgive us of our sins.

haha i like todays chapter, it was goooood

now gotta finish the rest of my math and english project... >=:0
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:58 am

Hello guys sry for the lateness. This week is our panic week lol "it's the most wonderful time of the year"...ugh

I did my devos to let you guys know.

I'll write it up tomrw morning cause i need to wake up early anyways!

sry for being a bap tong
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down