Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 15

+3
Cathy
Kevin
Grace
7 posters

Go down

Luke 15 Empty Luke 15

Post  Grace Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:14 pm

so today i was a total fail . i wrote down december 3rd all of 1st period.. and then i realised in 2nd that its the 2nd HAHAHAHAHA wow i hate the beginning of the month... last time i put down like september 31st or something LOLL
the tree is decorated.... homework is mostly done..... haha productive day!

a lot of good parables in todays chapters Very Happy

3Then Jesus told them this parable: 4"Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' 7I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.this one tells me how we're never left behind. like if we fall, God will pick us up. He wont just leave us stranded when we are lost on our walk of faith. Also it reminded me about what Isaac said about our teaam. When one of us is lagging behind, we all go back and help them catch up, when one of us is hurt, we all hurt!

21"The son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.[b]' 22"But the father said to his servants, 'Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. 23Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate. 24For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate.
I hear this parable a lot ,but i love it so much:) like if you think about it ... God NEVER leaves us. Like He always hugs us in His unbreakable embrase. But sometimes we will stray off. We try to leave God. We think that we can do something on our own..... run away, but in the end we seem to always end up going back to God. And we're so ashamed when we go back, because we said that we didnt need Him anymore but came back. He rejoices like the father in the parable. He welcomes us with open arms ! He's always reaching out for us. He's doing 90% of the job, we just need to reach out to Him too! If we walk away... He's always waiting there with His arms wide open, waiting for us to run back to Him!
it just shows us how much we depend on God, how we cant do anything on our own. We will always end up going back to God.

hope you guys had a good day Smile
you tdot kidsss are so lucky... LOL i dont have a PA day this week Sad i have to wait for winter break....... booooo hahahaha
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Luke 15 Empty Re: Luke 15

Post  Kevin Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:59 pm

3 So Jesus told them this story:4 "If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them gets lost, what will he do? Won't he leave the ninety-nine others in the wilderness and go to search for the one that is lost until he finds it?5 And when he has found it, he will joyfully carry it home on his shoulders.6 When he arrives, he will call together his friends and neighbors, saying, `Rejoice with me because I have found my lost sheep.'7 In the same way, there is more joy in heaven over one lost sinner who repents and returns to God than over ninety-nine others who are righteous and haven't strayed away!

I read this passage and i really liked it. It shows that God loves it even more when someone "evil" finds the light and becomes a worshipper of God. If you look at it in a way of complete logic, you would rather save 99 random people than 1 random person. But God would prefers one person who becomes righteous, than 99 rightesous people. Before reading this passage, my thoughts were that I would totally care more about 99 righteous people than 1 evil guy. But reading this verse, it makes perfect sense. If we invest our time on one non righteous guy, rather than just bonding with 99 righteous people, we can have 100 righteous people. Because we have to believe that God will be with those 99 people and that they will not stray, and we have to believe that God can do amazing things for the people who don't know him. So 100 righteous people better than 99 rightseous people and 1 bad guy.

So lets remember that it's nice for people to stay God and be consistent on their christian walk with God but we also need to remebmer it's better to Come back to God, or find God.

excited for friday ahah
see you guys thenn~~
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:22 am

EXCITING WEEKEND, GUYS!
I LOVE PA DAYS! if you guys have a message or anything that you would like me to deliver to hannah, let me know! i will hopefully be seeing her sometime on friday or something. shoot i shouldve thought of this earlier but we should've done like a card or care basket for her.. too late Sad
and i will be seeing you all SATURDAY (except for isaac and allan) so look forward to it!

LUKE 15:
Did anybody else notice how each of the parables in today's chapter were called 'the LOST' something.. So clearly the theme of today's chapter was being lost and then being found again. like that song.. 'I WAS LOST.. BUT NOW I AM FOUND'
lalala

I'm gonna talk very generally about today's chapter, because all three chapters generally speak the same message, except using different examples. I think that Jesus does this to reinforce our image of God as someone who embraces the lost so that they can be found. So, Jesus told this story in three different everyday-life contexts so that we can really see that we do it every day in our own lives - leave something that we already have in order to find the lost.

Whether it be a sheep, a coin or a son, we experience a lot of joy when we find something that we thought that we had lost. In the same way, God and all of the angels in heaven rejoice when a lost person is found in Jesus. So in the same way I think Jesus is telling us to value the process of finding someone that is lost - thus going back to the concept of evangelism and bringing more people to know who Jesus is. Wouldn't it be nice if we went to 'search for the lost people of this world' with the same desperation and mindset that we would if we lost like.. say our phone or something? Like the shepherd losing his sheep, woman losing her coin, father losing his father. The phrase 'one more for Jesus' popped into my head while reading this. I hope that we can all walk away after reading this chapter with a more pressing desire to find more people for Jesus - after all, isnt that more important than finding that phone we lost? Razz

Have a great practice tmrw, guys! Sorry I can't be there again but I will see most of you on Sat!
Also I dont know if ill have computer access for the next two days or so.. so if i dont post devos thats why. But i will read the passages!
Toodle-oodleooo!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:42 am

Hey guys sorry for not posting yesterday!1 I got in trouble by
my parents and they wouldn't let me use the computer!! Jst came
back from performing at my school's Christmas Concert THIS EARLY
in the time of year and went HORRIBLE!! I have to say i dunt like
performing!! SOO TIRED!!!

7I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

Sick story, kinda shows that god cares about the weak more than the strong because
the strong may not rele need alot of help where the weak RELE needs help... They celebrated
after the person found one lost sheep in the story. It shows that one weak person can do ALOT
in this world... God cares about EVERYONE!!!

32But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' "

Same story, the younger son wondered off out of he's fathers house and spent all he's money on
sinful things while the older son never disobeyed and was doing good things for he's dad.... I guess
it's the same thing for me... I always had higher grades than my brother and when i got an good mark in
the test, my parents wouldnt do anything and jst say good job to me. When my brother gets a high
mark in a test, we would always go for a feast and they would treat him rele well.... I guess the moral
lesson in here is IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO CHANG!! Not in a bad way but in a good way...
WE NEED TO CHANGE BUT CHANGE TOWARDS GOD!!
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:18 am

great devos guys!

I think the concept of "lost" is common to everyone. I think everyone is lost, to a certain extent.

i think what a lot of people miss is the second brother. He has all the right to be angry, i mean come on he got the shaft pretty hard. But look at what the general theme of this entire chapter is. Risk everything for that one thing. At first i didnt believe in this. I always thought that you should keep the 99, or the other coins, or keep the son thats doing the best, but as i grew older, i realized the importance of ONE. That one guy, girl, friend, family member. It makes all the difference and ive come to realize its the message behind the message in this chapter thats important. Its to have the mentality to give it all up to save that ONE guy. That ONE girl.
Because isnt that what Jesus did? He gave it all up. Risked a lot, and all for each of us.

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:57 am

HEY! good morning!

sorry i didn't post yesterday! but i did do my devos!

Great devos guys, continue to meditate on them and apply them into your life.

text each other penises!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:20 pm

Sry guys my internet browser was wonky. Firefox was being a #%@& but I did do my devo!
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down