Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 5 May 9

5 posters

Go down

Luke 5 May 9 Empty Luke 5 May 9

Post  Kevin Mon May 09, 2011 1:16 am

Haha I have a pa day today.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Luke 5 May 9 Empty Re: Luke 5 May 9

Post  josephpaik Mon May 09, 2011 11:29 pm

In my life, i read this chapter tons of times.
When Jesus said to lower the nets down even thought they hadn't caught anything the past day.
When they pulled up the nets, they were swarmed with pounds of fish. After, they celebrated for their big catch.
THey fell to their knees because they had doubts that they were;t gonna catch anything.
If you have have faith in Jesus, miracles will happen so you should always have faith and believe for good things will come.
The rest of the chapter was some other miracles performed introducing if you have faith, good things will happen.
Also, when all of Jesus' desciples fell to their knees and asked for forgiveness, Jesus granted them the forgiveness of sins.
We should all be aware of if we repent, we will be saved.

Very Happy
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Mon May 09, 2011 11:53 pm

uagenieufh! i finally have internet backk! Very Happy
sorry for not posting! i was sending my devos to kebin haha
i didnt get anything directly from today's chapter but it made me think, why doesnt god perform great miracles in front of large crowds anymore? and i came up with two answers, one, it would attract so much negative attention from media saying its a conspiracy or a trick or a phony, resulting in the opposite of what God wants. It wouldnt bring more people to christ, it would jsust make poeple want to find out the mans 'secret' to these magic tricks and god has always been a huimble god, not wanting to be the all mighty on a golden throne so thats why he wouldnt do great big miracles anymore. the second one is that if we become more keen to everything that happens around us, llike yeni said, you will notice god's "hidden treasures" so many times throughout the day that itll open your eyes. sometimes we think that was just a 'lucky break' but maybe not, look closer and you might see that it was god's way of showwing us he's always with us and always trying to show us his love.
yeuupp im tryna do that more xD
night guys!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Tue May 10, 2011 12:32 am

Jennifer! That's a really good point, but I heard that God DOES perform big miracles even in present day. We dot hear about seas splitting and etc in the news, but major miracles are still happening. I've thought about that too, and in my opinion it also has to do with our living environment. Here in rich countries like Canada, when we are sick, we are provided with medicine and amazing health care, but in poor countries, they really depend on things like miracles because they literally have NOTHING! It's so much harder to recognize miracles in our lives, but if we are searching and really looking for them, we tend to find that God is performing miracles in our lives everyday! For example, from personal experience, there was this one time when I got seriously hurt while playing basketball back in grade 7. I tore 5 ligaments in my legs and damaged muscles and etc. I was so depressed wondering how it could happen to me. It still affects me today, I can't play like I used to, and I can't put too much pressure/stress on it still. It's annoying really, the on and off pains, not being able to walk in a straight line, but I think about it and it couldve or really... It SHOULDVE been worse! Somehow the ligaments in my knees were fine while surrounding ones were torn. For the knee, it needs to be surgically reattached or else... You can't walk. But I'm still walking and I'm healthy over all Smile

But we can't just focus on big miracle, we need to search for those small miracles, the hidden treasures in our lives. I've been noticing them more and more and really being able to experience God's works in my life. Being able to recognize those small things is what really counts, it means we're searching and aware of God's presence Smile it makes everything that much better and helps you appreciate God more!!!

I hope this chapter encouraged all of you to search for miracles in your lives! God is constanly working, and is pulling miracleS everyday.
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Tue May 10, 2011 12:48 am

Hey guys. Haha. Today I changed my hair. It's now a medium brownish... I wanted a darker shade... mom wouldn't let me... haha. You won't believe it when you see it.

So in this chapter, one of my favourite concepts or ideas from the bible are mentioned.

29-30Levi gave a large dinner at his home for Jesus. Everybody was there, tax men and other disreputable characters as guests at the dinner. The Pharisees and their religion scholars came to his disciples greatly offended. "What is he doing eating and drinking with crooks and 'sinners'?"

31-32Jesus heard about it and spoke up, "Who needs a doctor: the healthy or the sick? I'm here inviting outsiders, not insiders—an invitation to a changed life, changed inside and out."

So what was happening was Jesus was with sinners. Those who are notorious sinners who seem to sin without regret, and Pharisees question his interest in people. This part makes the most sense in the entire bible. When he answers, he gives the illustration of the doctor. In these few verses, it shows what Jesus came down to do. We are hurting. We are sick in sin and we are only getting sicker, but Jesus came down to be our doctor. He came so that our spiritual life can be saved from sickness. He didn't come so that the healthy will be healed, he came for the sick. I hope that after learning about humility and all that, we can really let others share our love for Christ as well. Why should only we need the doctor. There are tons of others who have not even heard the doctor has come, so make it known.

Good night guys.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue May 10, 2011 1:16 am

4 When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Now go out where it is deeper, and let down your nets to catch some fish.”

5 “Master,” Simon replied, “we worked hard all last night and didn’t catch a thing. But if you say so, I’ll let the nets down again.” 6 And this time their nets were so full of fish they began to tear! 7 A shout for help brought their partners in the other boat, and soon both boats were filled with fish and on the verge of sinking.

The first thing that popped up into my head was that Simon had doubted Jesus a little bit at first but then he put his faith into him. He questioned Jesus' decision by telling him how hard they had worked and couldn'\t catch any fish but he said we'll do it anyways. Turns out, they caught a ridiculous amount of fish. Instantly, Simon apologizes and asks Jesus to leave him for he is too great. This story demosntrated that if we put our trust in Christ, unbelievable things will happen. This made me remember to try to never doubt.

Good night guys.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down