Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proverbs 5 April 18th

+3
julian
Grace
Kevin
7 posters

Go down

Proverbs 5 April 18th Empty Proverbs 5 April 18th

Post  Kevin Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:38 am

mmm
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Proverbs 5 April 18th Empty Re: Proverbs 5 April 18th

Post  Grace Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:51 pm

So for this chapter I got a lot about temptation.
I think that the woman in this chapter represents the temptations of this world or all of the bad/sinful things of this world... to put it in another way.
We are all tempted by a lot of worldly things, but we need to stay strong, just like Jesus during his 40 day fast.
We need to stay on God's path and not go astray.
It's hard. Sometimes you're going to want to choose the temptations over what God wants... but you should never do that!
Like sam said in the past, we do sinful things, because its fun.. why else would we do it over and over again?
but lets all build a firm foundation, and stay strong in the lord.
lets stay away from all of the temptations and really live for God and God alone Smile

im going to write my testimony tonight........
since im not really doing anything else at the moment XD

ps. i suggest that you should get the starfield tickets while the early bird price is still up!
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:45 pm

Hey guys!
I'm stuck doing devos on my blackbberry..jeez ahhaha
So like Grace, I thouught todays chapter had a lot to do with temptation.
We are always surrounded by temptation, and by the end of the day, we choose to fall into it because we humans are naturally bad.

22 An evil man is held captive by his own sins;
they are ropes that catch and hold him

It says that the evil man is bound by his OWN sins. This made me realize that when we are in temptation, satan also contributes to our failiure over temptation but it is we who has the most say in our decisions. We are bound by our own sins and no one elses. Ans because of our sins, we were restrained by ropes but jesus came for us and broke that. I hope that we when we all face temptation in our lives, we will be able to overcome it and not let satan be the big contributor in our decisions but that the spirit will guide us into the light.

That's it.
Have a great rest of the week.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:50 pm

Hey guys. Before I go and do my devotion, I just wanted to share a little bit - I have been paying attention to the things you were doing and did them by myself, and I simply didn't have enough time to post. The thing is, my parents're leaving off to Korea in 2 days for 2 weeks! So there's been lots of talks and a bunch of things that I personally have to do (since my brother's awfully lazy with everything, giving me a TON of stress. It's the main reason why I do want to leave home... but I'll share about that later.) Because of all that, I haven't had a proper time to cool down, but now, I'm getting a little better... and this week I hope goes well, especially so that I can pay a lot of attention to both the Bridgeway service and to preparing my heart for the Confirmation service (which a lot of us encourage the rest of you guys to attend!).

Although I felt that this passage related a lot to sexual desires, it may definitely relate much to any sort of temptation as Grace pointed out. I'm sure every person goes through temptation on a daily basis, since we all make choices. And for me, definitely a major portion of those choices are done under that influence of temptation. A solution to that is to be constantly discipline ourselves, as verse 12 says, so that hopefully we make a more informed decision under God's influence and not under the influence of OUR imagination.

The second part dealt with marriage - hard to relate for most of us, but possible to interpret the same in relationships (though marriages are much more complex than just relationships). After all, marriage is really living life together with that special someone - that God selected for us really. Making fun of such an awesome privilege, looking back to Pastor Sean Huh, would be disgrace to God. You might find this weird, but marriage and sex would be considered to be God's second best ideas, and abusing it would truly be blasphemy. Hard to relate, but definitely reminded me a lot of the retreat on him speaking - quite deep, in my opinion.

Take care guys, and please pray for my family as they're heading on to Korea. Also, pray for me writing my testimony, hoping it comes out well. After all, this is something I plan to share with everyone. I'm so stoked for this week!

God Bless!

Jules.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:50 pm

Hey guys. I'm feeling kinda crappy today... anyways

3-6 The lips of a seductive woman are oh so sweet,
her soft words are oh so smooth.
But it won't be long before she's gravel in your mouth,
a pain in your gut, a wound in your heart.
She's dancing down the primrose path to Death;
she's headed straight for Hell and taking you with her.
She hasn't a clue about Real Life,
about who she is or where she's going.

So this verse is obviously referring to a person of sin. In this case, it's a sinful woman, but I don't think whoever wrote this just to tell us to stay away from sinful women. I think that this verse, or the portion of the chapter this came from is about avoiding sinful people in general. I think that the woman represents sin in general and like said before, this verse shows sin is enjoyable. It's physical enjoyment level is high. I remember Sam giving his sermon about sin, and how if it wasn't enjoyable, why would we do it? Sin is physically good, but it is not spiritually. It breaks the relationship between us and God. So the question was, why would we sin if it wasn't good? The thing about that is that it only feels good on a physical level. A surface level. Sin doesn't feel good, so now the question is, if sin does not feel good, why do we do it? We should always stay away from sin. We should try to separate ourselves from sin and resist our physical wants, for the sake of our spiritual needs.

Good night guys!
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:01 am

Aha so I can't seem to write my testimony XD I need to organize my thoughts.... -.-
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:15 am

sorry guys! i have a big summative due tomorrow! ill make up for this devo and do tmrs devo tomorroww! Sad sorryy!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:32 am

Alright, I'm going to try my best to do this. I've had a LOT on my mind lately so I'm sorry if this devo is a little off or missing something. I'm trying!

Okay, this whole chapter , as well all can tell, is about adulteresses. So, I can't say very much that would relate to myself and I can't say I'd like to keep any of this in mind AT THIS TIME in my life.
So, with that, I am just going to say goodnight. Ugh, I feel so unaccomplished with this devo but I am..my mind is honestly so blank. Sorry. :/

Hopefully, tomorrow will be better..
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:20 am

Hmmm, work was pretty chillz and fun. Got paid a lot and all yeee.. So I need to know when our practice is asap...

To be honest guys, This book is way too poetic and it repeats the same message in a different way.
Each book may cover a different lesson but yea, this chapter talks about temptation mostly on adultery.
We're not married yet and I guess it'll be a lot harder for us to understand fully until we grow up but I guess
this chapter is a good heads up for us. Sex is something that is soo vital to a relationship, married of course
and Especially with guys and girls hitting puberty, we may be tempted to do something sinful but I guess
its something that we'll have to suck up (not literally aha). That's all I guess, Talking about these kinda
stuff makes me feel uncomfortable aha night guys

Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:56 pm

mmmmm dark chocolatee Very Happy
so this chapter, like everyone else said, is talking about temmptation and is represented by this woman. This woman represents all sinful desires and actions we take throughout our life and they are reminding us that we should try our best not to veer off the path God has made for us through these sins
the main thing they illustrate is to not fall into lust and stuff like that yknowwww because that is one of the biggest sins that people fall into. we must stay strong and yeaaahh
i dont have much to say about this chapter! it's mostly things that weve talked about already!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down