Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proverbs 6 April 19th

+3
Grace
jennifer
Kevin
7 posters

Go down

Proverbs 6 April 19th Empty Proverbs 6 April 19th

Post  Kevin Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:39 am

zzz
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Proverbs 6 April 19th Empty Re: Proverbs 6 April 19th

Post  jennifer Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:10 pm

juuuliann! i hope youre doing well! feel beetterrr!
anywho! onto the devo!
i like how they kept calling us lazybones in this chapter haha it was kinda funny
i dont know about you guys, but it seemed like it was talking about how procrastination will get you nowhere in the first part of this chapter
im pretty sure all of us can relate to this because weve all been screwed over by procrastinating for too long, or had to have an all nighter ( me all of last week and this week Sad ) to finish all the work you couldve gotten done before.
It's also werid because my grandma was talking to me about this like a couple of minutes ago
because my moms working a lot later than usual because its tax time and she works for an accounting company, and my grandma said they shouldve just made everyone stay an hour later for a couple of months than like three hours later for a month!
yeahhhh that was the first lesson i got, and the second one was again, commiting adultery and falling for lust:
30 Excuses might be found for a thief
who steals because he is starving.
31 But if he is caught, he must pay back seven times what he stole,
even if he has to sell everything in his house.
32 But the man who commits adultery is an utter fool,
for he destroys himself.
33 He will be wounded and disgraced.
His shame will never be erased.
34 For the woman’s jealous husband will be furious,
and he will show no mercy when he takes revenge.
35 He will accept no compensation,
nor be satisfied with a payoff of any size.
So yeah! i think these verses speak for themselves. Theyre really trying to drill this into our heads, that this is a horrible sinn! and there are no excuses for this to be happening.
yeah! soooo i have soo much work to do today tooo Sad
ill see yall at practicee!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:22 pm

you guys, being sick is the WORST... im so dizzy still...
and my nap didnt make me feel any better....... mannnnnn ! ahahaha i knew i shouldnt have gone out for lunch today XD it was so cold and windy and i only had a sweater ....

ANYWAYS, enough of me complaining.

16There are six or seven kinds of people the LORD doesn't like:
17Those who are too proud or tell lies or murder,
18those who make evil plans or are quick to do wrong,
19those who tell lies in court or stir up trouble in a family.

ahaha yeah, so i think that this is pretty straight forward.
and we should try and NOT be these people ...
really stood out to me though.
the key thing for me though i think is not being too proud... because as a human being we all have pride issues and we all need to be reminded to be more humble and tone down once in a while , but yeah i think our team is doing pretty good with that Smile

Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:55 pm

Thanks a lot Jennifer, things are going a little better hahah. Need to finish my testimony today though... 11:59 PM hahaha. Well, I started somewhat in the morning, so I have some accomplishment. I am looking forward to this week - if it'd be cool to dress up and make it a bit more formal than before (like how Bridgeway did it for Christmas, this is definitely a good occasion! Very Happy It'd be awesomeee.)

Many things came into my head as I read this chapter, but out of all of them, I liked the idea of laziness. It says that without a leader, administrator, or ruler, it prepares its provisions in summer, and it gathers its food during harvest. This tells me that independently, the ant works extremely hard and always continues to be proactive as opposed to inactive. I guess it relates to a lot of us, especially when we can end up being lazy for so long (hint hint: procrastination). I really do want to focus on the importance of spiritual activeness, and it definitely made me reflect a whole lot after confirmation (which is what I may use in my testimony, actually.)

Anyway, take care guys, I look forward to the weekend. Again, pray for my parents as they're leaving tomorrow for Korea, and for me and my brother since we have a lot to manage by ourselves.

Julian.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:20 pm

it was so hard condensing my testimony down to like a page... but im finally done!!! ahahahahahha
you guys should see my outline for it.
its friggen amazing.

just saying Smile

ahahahahah

goodluck writing it julian! its a lot harder than it seems eh? XD
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:01 am

Hey guys. I just finished hw and i feel so worn out.

So like before, these verses roughly translate to the 10 commandments. Most of these verses show us exactly how to follow the 10 commandments, but the verses that stuck out to me were the ants. Some people's character is that they normally would do what is right. They would follow rules even when there are none. That is integrity. The ants have integrity. Enough so that they can work by themselves and still do what is right, but it never gets in the way of their teamwork. They work together and none of them are proud enough so that it gets in their teams way. Whoever wrote this was correct in advising us to follow the ants. We have to work hard, whether we're expected to or not. We do it by ourselves, but for others. I think that's a really important trait as a person and as a Christian. We should never work for ourselves, but if we work by ourselves, do it for others.

Good night guys...
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:29 am

Guys, sorry. I'm not feeling good, physically or emotionally at this point. Its ridiculous. I swear, no matter how I feel tomorrow, I'll do my devo. Ugh. Hate this.
anyway,
bye.
post tomorrow.
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:43 am

Still havent finished my devos. I will post later guys