Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proverbs 2 April 13

+3
Grace
josephpaik
Kevin
7 posters

Go down

Proverbs 2 April 13 Empty Proverbs 2 April 13

Post  Kevin Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:29 pm

Lazy song...
SICK
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Proverbs 2 April 13 Empty Re: Proverbs 2 April 13

Post  josephpaik Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:58 pm

HOLY. so much history notes ill post tomorrow jeez!
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:07 pm

LOLLLL so right now, joseph's getting all mad and jealous because i said that Kevin was my favourite and not him... Razz TOO FUNNY.

okay anyways.
so no specific verses today, but i got a lot on wisdom !!!
wisdom is given to us by God so that we know what is right and what is wrong.
We need to live wisely and lovingly i think thats what it's saying.
Without wisdom, or love, we cannot live, the way God wants us to.

night guys !
i got so much test prep. to do by friday.... got an inclass essay and everything... awesome right!? aha not...
so i hate passport applications.
didnt know mine expired..
so i had to fill out an ap. today, and it seemed to take forever cause i kept doing stupid things wrong.. like writing in lower case and little things like that...
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:35 pm

Hey guys. Calculus is on its way to killing me again, sigh... it's either you get it perfect or you get nothing. -___- I'm going to try and focus tomorrow on that since I have little motivation to do a whole lot right now. I'm really mad today actually. The ensemble I'm leading in doesn't seem to sound good, no matter how many times I repeat the same thing over and over and a lot of the members aren't cooperating with simple tasks that I do with them. And the concert's tomorrow, sigh... I just wonder how we'll do. I don't think we sound horrible but we don't sound that great. Makes me feel a little disappointed on the inside.

There wasn't a specific verse that I wanted to share, but the passage itself was interesting as well. God's wisdom really is definitely unlike any other - it's what so holy; so separated from our own lives. It definitely helps to give us the proper direction in life, knowing full well that his plan is the best, no matter how things might seem. After all, if we're to be self-sacrificing, we really do have to return a lot to God. It also made me think about following the righteous - following those who are guided by God. That I'm just reflecting about and will be praying about. And the little analogy at the end helps to understand that there are those who don't follow God or those who do - the ones who don't will be cut off and the ones who do will continue to be with God if things go on (at least to how I can understand it.)

Take care guys, God Bless.

Julian.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:55 pm

i have a big chem test tmrr Sad ill post tmrr!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:57 pm

Hey guys! I will be posting one for today and one for tomorrow 'cuz I'm gone on a school trip until friday (I'll be at practice) so just giving a heads up!

And here's why: God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding.

So this verse reminded me of how God is always there for us, physically, or in terms of wisdom. God is not some office boss who doesn't want to speak to you, and gives you heavenly orders and then leaves you. God is always there to help us, and if we have the right reason to receive it, and we ask for it, why wouldn't he give you it? The easiest and most common form of communicating with God is by praying. Through prayer, we ask for guidance, help, and whatever else, but like mentioned by many, it's also important to listen. You don't ask a friend a favour and then turn around and walk off, expecting it to be done. That is an order, but who are we to order God to do something? We have to ask him on a friendly level, and by that, I don't mean to gain his trust for personal advantage, but it's great to have a personal connection with him right? My point is that we should know that God is willing to guide us and offer us help should we seek it and that prayer is a good way to do that.

Other than that, there weren't many verses that stuck out to me. Just always be thoughtful when you do something and always do it for God.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:09 am

8 He guards the paths of the just
and protects those who are faithful to him.

Hey so there was just a little something something that I learned from this verse and I wanted to share! God not only takes care over those who are strong in their faith but he also provides overwatch for those that are not "SUPER Christians" but also those that live honestly. But just because God provides a little bit more extra care to those who are faithful to him, it doesn't mean that he favours those certain people over the less faithful, What i think it is that it is a reward. God doesn't show anyone favoritsm, he shows equal love to everyone. This verse just made me think that God watches over ALL his sheep!
Other than that I didn't get much ahhaha.

Haha thanks for the heads up jeremy, good initiative.
Have a great rest of the week all
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:01 am

jennifer wrote:i have a big chem test tmrr Sad ill post tmrr!
Same
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:52 am

Chem is sooo hard. ARG!!!! I don't understand~~~

2 turning your ear to wisdom
and applying your heart to understanding—
3 indeed, if you call out for insight
and cry aloud for understanding,
4 and if you look for it as for silver
and search for it as for hidden treasure,
5 then you will understand the fear of the LORD
and find the knowledge of God.

These verses really stuck to me actually. Nothing really matters unless your heart is really ready and is striving for God. If we were just doing devos just cuz we think it's mandatory, it's meaningless... We need to know that not everybody in the world has the privilege to read the bible. Some countries will publicly shoot you down if you have a bible. Last time when I got mad at you guys, I was only yelling cuz you guys really didnt seem like you guys were giving a crap about devos and the only reason why i told you guys not to do it was cuz God doesnt want or even deserve our half assed devos. He deserves our full undivided attention and heart. So my point is, we need to put our hearts in it and be willing to learn.
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:01 pm

hi guys!! Smile so yesterday i got hit in the face at softball practise, now i have a dark purple bruise Sad
3 Cry out for insight,
and ask for understanding.
4 Search for them as you would for silver;
seek them like hidden treasures.
5 Then you will understand what it means to fear the Lord,
and you will gain knowledge of God.
6 For the Lord grants wisdom!
From his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
7 He grants a treasure of common sense to the honest.
He is a shield to those who walk with integrity.
8 He guards the paths of the just
and protects those who are faithful to him.
like billy, this chunk of verses stook out to me as well. we get to read the bible, and we should absorb whats in it like dehydrated people do with water!
and if we do this, we will veer clear of things that will bring us down, we will have more knowledge of whats good and whats bad, and we will have more respect? and be more appreciative of everything God has given to us. i think this is a smart thing to pray about because this will fix other problems that we have in the long run.
yeahh! i liked this chapter!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:15 pm

awwwwww jennifer !
hopefuly the bruise will disappear fast..
yeah... my friend got into a fight at hockey and now she has a black eye... so yours cant be that bad Razz
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down