Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proverbs 3 April 14

+3
jennifer
DunNo
Kevin
7 posters

Go down

Proverbs 3 April 14 Empty Proverbs 3 April 14

Post  Kevin Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:30 pm

Yeeeeeee
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Proverbs 3 April 14 Empty Re: Proverbs 3 April 14

Post  DunNo Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:08 am

Hey guys. This is my devo for thursday, but like mentioned earlier, I can't post then so here we go...

So in the first half, nothing specifically stuck out, but the it had one of the strongest messages I've learned yet. In all of proverbs being practical, there is truth behind what is written. We're not good enough to rely on ourselves. As human, we can only know so much, and in the message version, the heading of the first section is "Don't Assume You Know it All". By thinking that we know everything, we already know too little, but God is always there. The knowledge being mentioned here is the parental vs. child knowledge. As a child, we may have though we knew everything, but who was the wiser? Our parents were there to help us during the ages where we still need them, and as a human, our basic needs reside in God. God provides the parental, fatherly care, that we all need to grow up. He will help us discern right from wrong. We should all try to commit ourselves to God, because he will always love us and look out for us. Compared to him, we know nothing. We are naive and immature, but try to rely on God to grow and mature.

Most of the other stuff is the same messages repeated, but nonetheless important, so try to live according to the advice proverbs provides. It'll be healthy for us and will help us spiritually mature. Good night guys!
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:23 pm

herrrooo! Smile
i think this chapter was half about putting your heart into everything. like when you read the word, etch it into your heart so that youll have God's word with you everywhere you go, and itll just beconme a part of your life. itll fill your life with many joys, and when you come across hard times, itll be there to encourage you and itll keep you from straying from God's path too much. <3
11 My child, don’t reject the Lord’s discipline,
and don’t be upset when he corrects you.
12 For the Lord corrects those he loves,
just as a father corrects a child in whom he delights.[b]
this stook out to me because alot of us have trouble with dicipline. We dont like to be corrected and like to think that our way is the right way, when sometimes it isnt, i have a hard time with it because im super stubborn! haha so i think we should become more humble and accept out flaws becasue God is perfect and only wants the best for us Smile
27 Do not withhold good from those who deserve it
when it’s in your power to help them.
28 If you can help your neighbor now, don’t say,
“Come back tomorrow, and then I’ll help you.”
i think this verse is important to remember! thats all haha and i think that everybody deserves good. because everyone is a child of god. even if it is a "bad" person, giving them an act of goodness will show them the goodness of god and kind of shock them. so yeah goodness is for everyone !
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:41 pm

3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
blind them around your neck,
write them on a tablet of your heart.
4Then you will win favor and a good name
in the sight of God and man.

These 2 verses are important beacause it really shows that if you continue to have faith and love for others and especially God, you will win favor and a good name in Gods eyes. write them on a tablet of your heart. I think this means to always treasure love and faith in your heart because it is one of most importnat things to really following the pathway of God.

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.

This means that if you have full trust in God and not what others believe, then you will get acknowledged and be led in the right passage way of God. THe pathway to be entered into his kingdom of safety, love, faith, and righteousness.

EZ
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:46 pm

okay, sorry about not posting yesterday.
my friend who I wasn't as close to before told me how he's going through that phase when basically, everything sucks. I actually think he's depressed. He's been telling me how he wants suicide and he's tried a couple times, as well... Anyway, I was hoping you guys could been him in your prayers. It would mean a lot. (:

11 My son, do not despise the LORD’s discipline,
and do not resent his rebuke,
12 because the LORD disciplines those he loves,
as a father the son he delights in.
I remember Moses talking about this once? or maybe it was a friend of mine.. haha I'm not sure.
Anyway, I know it's hard to think that God disciplines to show his love.
OH, I remember now. It was at the TKPC retreat, kevin, you should remember.
On the last day, the guest speaker told us about how he shows this to his son.
I just figured this would be good to remember because we forget so often.

Well, my brain shut off after a little while of reading this chapter and I'm not getting anything. I've read it over and over but nothing. Haha ):
Alright, have a good practice tomorrow, guys! (: I'm off! bye!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:21 am

I'm getting similar stuff, but once again it talks about wisdom.
This time more of the VALUE of wisdom than wise acts.
Also I loved that one part that basically tells us to humble down for no one is greater than the Lord himself!
And another thing is offering, in one of the verses it talks about how we all need to give the Lord our offering... I guess it stood out to me because after reading that, I realized how I'm not constant in giving offering in the sense that sometimes I don't give it because I want to but because I feel like I have to. I know, it sounds horrible. Offering is a way of telling God that we are thankful and that we want to give back to Him for all he has done and because nothing is of our own. I realize that God really doesn't need our money, but what I give him, I want to be able to give with a really genuine and thankful heart. Hopefully this is all making sense XD

today's been stressful, and I'm running on like 4 hours of sleep so imma sleep. Night everyone!
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:29 am

Hey guys, Sorry for Posting really late. I have a test and a presentation 2morrow so i'm super busy...

What Really stood out to me is how Poetic this chapter is. and One thing that Really catches me is how the bible puts a gender on all the words like Wisdom is a she. This chapter kinda covers everything be humble, be willing to learn, do not hate but love, don't judge. I thought that this chapter was filled with many broad things that we already know about. Very important tho.
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down