Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proverbs 1 April 12

+4
julian
DunNo
jennifer
Kevin
8 posters

Go down

Proverbs 1 April 12 Empty Proverbs 1 April 12

Post  Kevin Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:29 pm

I really like this book!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Proverbs 1 April 12 Empty Re: Proverbs 1 April 12

Post  jennifer Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:54 pm

8 My child,[a] listen when your father corrects you.
Don’t neglect your mother’s instruction.
9 What you learn from them will crown you with grace
and be a chain of honor around your neck.
hey guys today;s devo is gunna be short cause im feeling sickk! :S
this verses stuck out to me because we all stuggle to do this, but we sould know that 99% of the time listening to our parents will do us good, and 100% of the time , thats what they intend to do, they may be frusterating , but remember this verse and i tink listening to tem will be easier
night guys!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:59 pm

Somehow, I feel that most of the reflections on the messages will be somewhat shallow because its so practical, but let's see if we can learn a lot from it!

Most of this is practical. It loosely relates to the 10 commandments, but it not only tells us what to do, but practical, day to day ways to carry out those commandments. It also shows the ties between all of the things we do and how it goes towards the glory of God. God laid out these rules for us, and Solomon wrote out practical ways of carrying them out and I think that if we all try to live that way, we become a better person and more respectful to God. The advice in this chapter could apply to most people. They don't have to be christian to lead a healthy, supportive lifestyle, but when we do it in God's name and do it because like it says in verse 19, the more we do, the less we are. I encourage trying to live the healthy lifestyle that's stated in the verses and reflect upon them. What could you do to make yourself more effecient at doing that? Some things come with time and practice, but if we made these examples good habits, it would be good.

DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:02 am

Wow, so much food. Really made me think about fullness and the 30 Hour Famine, hahaha. Was a great night, though I'm sure greater things are yet to come throughout this year. Smile Especially if I can get into Queen's...

The discussion about avoiding the path of the violent can definitely apply to everyone, that's certain. Whenever I return from a retreat, even though we're so spiritually high, eventually that starts to fade and we return to our normal lives again. Definitely, one of those causes for that shift lies in the fact that we can be so enticed and therefore so persuaded by sin. I mean, Sam said that sin is fun, and this is so true - if it was never fun to do, then why bother doing it at all? Like, having many friends that do crazy stuff on their birthday, I guess it's fun for them, but it isn't necessarily that good... I still feel great just celebrating with family and friends today! Very Happy Was epic.

But out of all the verses in chapter 1, I preferred 29 to 32:

Because they hated knowledge, didn't choose to fear the Lord, were not interested in my counsel, and rejected all my correction, they will eat the fruit of their way and be glutted with their own schemes. For the waywardness of the inexperienced will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them. But whoever listens to me will live securely and be free from the fear of danger.

Something to point out is that 'fearing God' just really means to be IN AWE of him... really, if we don't show God any respect at all, we end up being more and more sinful - not because God desires to have this, but because we chose to live a life where God is put second, third, or even last, for some parts of our lives (I mean, there're just so many days where we continue to HATE God for no reason but to rant). And because there's more of God and less of us, definitely our lives become more corrupt. That just scared the pants of me, thinking about it really and how much we should rely on God's provision. After all, God is good, even in the most 'mean' manner. He's just and we just need to trust in him!

God bless, have an awesome night everyone. Thanks for saying Happy Birthday, appreciate it guys. Smile
- Note: Made changes to chords for You Deserve - some were faulty. Will discuss in detail on Friday.

Julian.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:17 am

So many projects this week but all dont tomorrow. Jeez
good day.

From Verses 20-33 it was really important because it shows what can happen to you if you reject and go against Gods wisdom.

In verse 23-26 It states that the person God is talking to had already rejected him. And its saying that If he responded to his rebuke, he wouldve been poured all over with love and thoughts known to you. But since it was rejected, He wikll laugh at you when you suffer without him and he will mock you. JUST ACCEPT HIM because he will giude you in the right direction and you will be happy with him.

In verse 33 but whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm. This means that if you accpet him, he will keep you safe and you will not have to be worried about a single thing because you will be at ease when the Lord is with you. I pray that we can all learn to accept him not for the safety, but for what he truly is.

I like proverbs. fun.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:49 am

5 let the wise listen and add to their learning,
and let the discerning get guidance—

I like how this verse says that even the wise can 'add to their learning' but otherwise, this is kind of self explanatory.
Actually, this whole passage is quite self-explanatory. haha
I did notice how, by the end of the chapter, he sounds very bitter... :$
Anyway,
8 Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction
and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.

I really think this is something we have to work on. Yeah, it'll be hard but the things they do, are basically all for you and you have to consider if doing what they ask of you is such a bad and horrible thing after everything they did/do for you.
That's it! bye guys! (:
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:51 am

So this chapter starts off by explaining what the book is about. I loveeee the book of proverbs Smile

Uhmm I love how this book contains a lot about spiritual disciplines!

But what stood out to me the most was the part about friends.
Whether we realize it or not, our friends have a really big influence in our lives...
We should not be tempted by them to do sinful things and should have a good support system around us Smile
because I realized that our choice of friends really contributes to how our spiritual lives develop as well... Not just our social lives.

Also wisdom seemed to be a big part in this chapter too Smile

Sorry guys, have to keep today's short... I have to prep for an in class essay in law and figure out something for my passport tonight
night!!! Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:11 am

5 Let the wise listen to these proverbs and become even wiser.
Let those with understanding receive guidance

Hey guys
I've been really busy lately
Lots of tests to study for hahaha

So I just wanted to share this passage!
I took note of how it says let the WISE listen to these proverbs and become even WISER. No matter how wise one can be, he/she should never feel like they dont have to listen. Remember, no matter how wise we are (or we think we are) ahahha, there's always room for more, more room to grow.

That's it!
Gotta get back to studying..
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:19 am

Wow, I had a really short shift at work today but my arms and legs are soo soar from moving Heavy stuff...
Silver's Stalk for the up coming month came and wow, We use A LOT OF STUFF so me and a close co worker of mine
had to number and move all the stocks in 3.5 hours... Wow Hard core work out!!

There were no verses that really STUCK out to me in this verse but actually this phrase stuck up to me, only because I've heard it sooo many times but never really understood it. Fear the LORD. Fear God and so on. And actually I think I've learned more from reading your devos after reading this chapter rather than reading the book itself. Ive read all your devos and actually kinda got to know who you guys read and perceive the bible... Obviously I saw things differently than you guys but yea. Thx for the devos guys
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down