Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proverbs 7, April 20, 2011.

+2
Kevin
julian
6 posters

Go down

Proverbs 7, April 20, 2011. Empty Proverbs 7, April 20, 2011.

Post  julian Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:57 pm

Hey guys. I think I got killed on my economics test (knowing full well it's not on my midterms haha... but still, ugh.) It's day 1 and I'm still pretty nervous about my parents' safety as well as my own... I hope it goes smoothly.

The main focus of this chapter was also that of seduction and how easily tempted we are. Not even relating to sex, we realize that Satan has knowledge and is wise - he was God's right hand man and would know the weaknesses of us humans. We see that he's able to detect our weak points and exploit them - after all, partaking in sin is so simple because it's fun, as Sam always used to point out. Sin might be fun in the short run, but in the long run, it's costly. From taking confirmation with Moses, when we broke promises with God, that is - to be sinless, we would be dead.

During French class, we had a guest speaker in the library talk about him helping in Haiti, talking about the idea of second chances. Repetitions of these kinds of simple lessons are necessary because we continue to make mistakes - and it always begs a good question if we'll ever stop our own habits. I mean, all of us have our own sinful habits, whether daily or weekly or however long... and I'm sure time is running out. Brought a good reminder to me today.

Take care, see you Friday afternoon. Hope you can stay for Bridgeway's service, I'm down to attend (and I've got a conference to attend the Saturday after actually hahah.)

Jules.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Proverbs 7, April 20, 2011. Empty Re: Proverbs 7, April 20, 2011.

Post  Kevin Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:47 pm

4 Love wisdom like a sister;
make insight a beloved member of your family.

I liked the part where it states love wisdom
We all need to love wisdom, seek wisdom. No matter how wise we may think we are at one point, you can always be wiser hahaha
There's always room to grow!
Yahhh I just wanted to share that!

25 Don’t let your hearts stray away toward her.
Don’t wander down her wayward path.

Haha in the scenario of the seduction of the promiscuious woman, I think we can use this analogy for everyday sins our lives.
It says Don't wander down her wayward path
What I got from this passage was that the best way to avoid sin is to just stay away from it. We all defniitely have friends that our bad influences to us but for me, I think it's hard to stay away from them just because they are a bad influence because they are simply my friends. What I think is that we may only be around sinful influences IF we have self control. If we don't have control over our actions from the influences, by all means, stay away from those sinful acts. But I think we can be around those who are bad influences as long as we don't allow ourselves to get negatively influenced.

Yeahh that's what I got
See yous alls soons!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:06 am

4 Love wisdom like a sister;
make insight a beloved member of your family.
I don't have much to say about this verse other than that I really love it. I can't even explain why but I guess it has something to do with how everyone tries to dumb themselves down these days? haha
I think we all take knowledge for granted, if that makes sense to you guys.
It's a privilege to learn and yet, some of us are proud of ourselves for cheating and doing stupid things.

22 He followed her at once,
like an ox going to the slaughter....
I think, and this is about the same thing that Kevin said but it could be used to tell us how God feels about sin and how he feels about us falling into it.
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:12 am

Wow, what happened to everyone????

To be honest guys, I got the same thing and I feel like this book is sending the same message...
I'll see you guys 2morrow I guess cuz it's thursday already
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:42 pm

dasjdhalkdhlkjhakjdh omg... im so sorry i didnt post !!!! ahahaha, ive been really sick this week, and i fell asleep at 8 last night after doing my homework.... my bad, ill be back after dinner to post up yesterday's devos Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:12 pm

sorry i didnt post yesterday!! i didnt go on the computer all night but i did them!
so ill post it today!
likr most of the other passages in this book, its saying how we shouldnt be tempted by sinful things, and make God's ways instead a part of our nature instead of sinfull nature, pull gods word to our hearts and hold strong, and stumbling will become less frequent
i didnt get much, like billy but i did get that! ^ haha
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:11 am

Yeah so Iread the chapter and I basically got what Jennifer got... But I really like the verses you guys pointed out Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down