Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

philippians 2 (mar 1)

+4
JacobPk
Kevin
Grace
Isaac
8 posters

Go down

philippians 2 (mar 1) Empty philippians 2 (mar 1)

Post  Isaac Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:33 am

ye
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

philippians 2 (mar 1) Empty Re: philippians 2 (mar 1)

Post  Grace Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:53 pm

i have to go for my workout in a bit... and i have LOTS of homework.. so im going to post my devo now before it gets really late and hectic.
BTWWW . i legit failed my science test.... not korean fail... i mean canadian fail... HAHA i "passed" my test with a 52.5..... i hate chemistry.
saddest part. it was like naming chemicals and writing formulas -.- my teacher needs to actually EXPLAIN things to me.... time for a tutor?

todays chapter was nice Smile but i wanted to share just one verse today .

18So you too should be glad and rejoice with me.
as christians things can get really tough. sometimes it becomes like unbarebly hard... but unlike other people who struggle, we have a certain hope in whatever darkness. We have God to pull us out. Thats why even in the worst of situations, we know that God will help us and we keep that optimism.
Being the children of God is something to rejoice and be happy about Smile We have an awesome God who reigns!!
I remember someone said that christians are the saddest people in the world, maybe it was a pastor during one of his sermons.. but i actually disagree. We just go through different types of struggles from people who arent christians, but we're still the happiest people in the world. We have a community, a family that cant be broken, we connect better with people because we have God as our connection. We know that we get to go to heaven when we leave this world. Why are we the saddest?
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:53 pm

ALLAN PICK UP YOUR PHONE!
IS THE BABY BORN!?!?!? ARE YOU 100% AJUSHI NOW????
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:32 pm

AHAHAH ^

3 Don't be selfish; don't try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves

I wanna share this veerse today because lately we're focused on humility. I used to wonder if the bible says that we are all equal, why put ourselves even lower? I am guessing that it is because it's the only way to be truly humble. If we do put ourselves on equal level with someone, it might get to our heads and possibly treat them in a bad way because we can say if they are equal to me, i have a right to have less respect or whatnot for them whereas we would treat someone that is superior to us, with higher respect. Ex. (Isaacs triangle) So i thought if we truly wanna be humble, put ourselves lower to someone because Jesus taught us all that from the feet washing thing. It is REALLY nasty to wash peoples feet ESPECIALLY if they dont have socks so he really showed what being humble was about, putting himselves lower than his servants.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:30 am

asdasdasfasf
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:30 am

It works!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven.Hong Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:52 am

Hello guys what a crazy night I had night school and then I have physics test tomorrow
Which I didn't study for
And I just wanted to say sorry for not coming to church on friday because my parents decided to move
So I need to help them out a lot but I will for sure come this week
I'm sorry if I let you guys down sorry isaac

So philippians chapter 2 basically summarizes how God should always be obeyed because everyone as a christians you should know that he died on the cross for us. Everyone should agree to that if your an actual christian. When I think about this chapter I regret a lot of thing because if I was God and saw what I was doing I would be very dissappointed but we are all human we make mistakes and live our life but keep in mind that God is always looking after us
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Number of posts : 142
Birthday : Inside 8====D~~~~o
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:54 am

Oh Yah ALLLLLAAAAANNNNN
IS NATHAN BORN.

I just want to remind you guys about serving and learning to be humble. We can't grow as a team if we don't put each other ahead of ourselves.
Just like my devo on friday, if you want to become great you need to become a servant first.

14Do everything without complaining or arguing,
Remember, God has a plan for everything, just know that whatever isit, in the end God will be the victory!
It's hard not to complain, but don't be so consumed to the earthly world that you HAVE to complain. If your relationship with Christ
is fine, obeyign Christ won't be as hard Smile
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:08 am

Sry guys had my phone off at the hospital, and forgot to turn it on lol
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:12 am

" he did not think of equality with God"
This verse BLEW MY MIND
I know the concept that Jesus humbled himself and came as man, but i never thought that he didnt think equal with God.
Thats the extent to his humility.

"14 Do everything without complaining and arguing, 15 so that no one can criticize you."
blahhhhh

that is all...

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:18 am

Oh man, another birthday to remember. We should name him Nathan "Crosby" Kim, lol a hockey baby!

I was really blown away with "Though he was God, He did not think of quality with God.' Jesus was God, and yet he came form the worst, and humbled himself to serve and save us. Wow! You really don't think about that anymore.

Everything else, was of the "humble" theme, and we already know the extent of humility through Jesus, and we should all strive for that

that is all...LL KID IS COMING HOME TOMORROW SWEET!
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:49 am

Hmm i love the whole humility thing. Jesus, who by all means should have the right to boast, shows so much humility. so then who are we to walk around thinking we're all that? we come no where near to Jesus - so we should adopt Jesus' humility + more. Also I think humility is so crucial in all of our relationships with our family and our friends. A lot of the times, bitterness and arguements occur because people fail to be humble and they try to achieve superiority or power. i know that this has definetly been happening in my life, so thats something i really need to work on.

i had such a crazy busy night but i am DONE DONE DONE till march 31st. haha note to self; never leave applications until 15 minutes before the deadline Razz
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:43 am

WOW!! I SWEAR ON MY LIFE I POSTED TODAY!! but it's not up...
sorry guys... Basically, I want to thank you guys and i know got
saved the day today.. So I had a talk with god and thanked him...
TEHEE SHORT version
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down