Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PHILIPPIANS 1

3 posters

Go down

PHILIPPIANS 1 Empty PHILIPPIANS 1

Post  Cathy Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:24 pm

God Eats Popcorn.
Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians.

We are starting philippians today!
Please start a new thing. I dont really know how.

"For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for him, 30since you are going through the same struggle you saw I had, and now hear that I still have."
This verse is the very last verse of the chapter, after Paul talks about how he is in chains for God. I just finished one of my Ottawa responses, and i wrote all about how leadership isn't always easy or glamorous, but that it takes a lot of sacrifice and pain. And the same thing goes for us, as spiritual leaders. We all know that Christianity involves suffering - but Paul is one of the greatest examples of people who use suffering to strengthen his own character and his relationship with God. We're all going through different things, but we should all really strive to be like Paul. Instead of wallowing in self pity or self righteousness, we should use the pain to humble ourselves Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

PHILIPPIANS 1 Empty Re: PHILIPPIANS 1

Post  Grace Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:51 pm

so.... i must have sounded dumb yersteday.. seeing how there is no ephesians 7.... LOL
today i got lots of rest and so im really tired from being lazy.. HAHAHA i better start.. and hopefully finish my essay today..

21For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! 23I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far;
so wierd... me and my mom talked about this before.
In this world, we need to choose. Is it our desire, or is it Christ. There is what we want to do, and what God wants us to do. We may choose our desire over God at first, but in the end, we ultimatly choose God because He is better by far, and we NEED God in our lives. It's not easy because so many things in this world is really tempting. Its fun. But as children of God, we need to know whats right and wrong and what the right decision is over all.
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:41 am

"21For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. "
To die for something is actually a big deal... i know thats probably the dumbest sentence you guys have ever heard but i was thinking of the things i would die for.
My family? i would hope so, but you never know when the time comes.
For God? better chance than my family, because im sure you ll have some good credit with the big guns upstairs :p

But to have no christ in your life is to have no life at all. I like this verse a lot. it has so much meaning

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down