Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PHILIPPIANS 2 2 2 2 2 2

5 posters

Go down

PHILIPPIANS 2 2 2 2 2 2 Empty PHILIPPIANS 2 2 2 2 2 2

Post  Joseph Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:25 pm

OLLA, senio

v29. Welcome him in the Lord with great joy, and honor men like him, because he almost died for the work of Christ, risking his life to make up for the help you could not give him.

So in this verse, i think God is telling us that we should be thankful for everything we get. Even though if something bad has happen to us. It also says that we should honor other people because in the verse it says "Help you could not give". And i find that word very powerful for some reason.

v24. Do everything without complaining or arguing.

EVery single one us has complained or has argued with other people. So in this verse God telling us not to do that. Why, i think because when that happens, its a sign of satan controlling you. Satan loves it when people comlain and argue. He wants to see people fall apart. But God says no, so we must fight against satan and follow the Lords commandments. And in this verse he just gave us a command not to complain and argue. Complaing and arguing will bring you no good. Also, did Jesus every comlain when he died on the cross. NO. Because God told him not to, and he loves us so much, that he wants to do this, not because he is forced to. So be thankful and dont comlain.

AMEN..........

Have a good day guys...
Joseph
Joseph
minion

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

PHILIPPIANS 2 2 2 2 2 2 Empty Re: PHILIPPIANS 2 2 2 2 2 2

Post  Isaac Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:44 am

6 Though he was God,[a]
he did not think of equality with God
as something to cling to.
7 Instead, he gave up his divine privileges[b];
he took the humble position of a slave[c]
and was born as a human being.
When he appeared in human form,[d]
8 he humbled himself in obedience to God
and died a criminal’s death on a cross.

Though he thought he was God, he didnt think of equality of God? not only was he crucified, he humbled himself and became human form. Thats something to aspire to.
Other than that, the chapter was pretty straight forward.

-Enjoy!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:07 am

Hhilippians 2

3 Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. 4 Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.
14 Do everything without complaining and arguing, 15 so that no one can criticize you.

These are all things that are much easier said than done...Hahaha. They're almost so obvious, but to know and to act are two completely different things and they're things that I really want to aspire to..Hmm.

Rather short, but that's all I have for tonight. Haha.
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:33 am

Do everything without complaining or arguing

I definitely need to work on this, not so much verbally and physcially, but mentally aswell.
I'm pretty tired, have been looking for music scores the last2 hours... and no success ahaha
Excited for saturday!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:37 am

haha lets not stray from our devos guys

haha sorry for missing it yesterday, I ran into a problem and I really couldnt do it, so frustrated. haha

Today I read John 1:15-17 (Do Not Love The World)

Before I read this, I wanted to talk about and just guess around what this could be about. Why would there be a verse that says something like this? Do not love the world, my thoughts are, do not fall in love with the world, that the world is in love with. I remember Jacob once told me we are in this world, but not part of it. "If anyone loves the world, the love of the father is not in him" This is a hard choice that is given, love the world, and GODs love will not be in you. I want to love GOD more then the world, but its hard at times, actually most the time.
Sean
Sean
minion

Number of posts : 36
Birthday : when michael was born
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down