Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ephesians 4

+2
Grace
Kevin
6 posters

Go down

Ephesians 4 Empty Ephesians 4

Post  Kevin Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:07 pm

1 Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God.

I read this verse and thought that we only have one life to live.
When we feel like that we've served God well in our lives,
that would've been a life worth living for and a life with no regrets.

16 He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love.

This verse referred to how Jesus makes our whole body.
Each of our body parts can be used for serving God.
we use our hands for guitar, piano, or drums,
or we use our mouths to sing to God.
I thought about it and i thought you know how if finish a puzzle except for 1 piece?
It's really unsatisfying and I thought that Christ was our missing puzzle before we accepted him.
We won't ever be truly satisfied until we really know how Jesus christ is.

26 And "don't sin by letting anger control you." Don't let the sun go down while you are still angry,27 for anger gives a foothold to the devil.

I thought this was a very good reflection on life
By the end of the day we should all try to let go of our problems and set our minds towards Christ.
IT says dont let our anger be a foot hold to the devil and i thought it makes complete sense.
When we are angry, it gives the devil an opportunity to tempt us or simply make us do bad things.
So instead of letting the devil be a foot hold, let faith be a foothold to God.

haha i thought this chapter was sickk
see u guys friday
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Ephesians 4 Empty Re: Ephesians 4

Post  Grace Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:25 pm

4There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called— 5one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
reminds me of the song one way Smile because God is the ONLY wayyyy ! yahhhh !!

27and do not give the devil a foothold.
this verse was really strong for me. Its so important that we make good decisions. Right when we fal for temptation or make a bad decision.. we're giving satan a chance to swindle us. We dont want to give him that chance. Thats why we need to pray. Ask for strength and wisdom. Ask God to protect us and to watch over our hearts. Actually... a couple of months ago... this lady came up to me at my bus stop.. and gave me this pamphlet thing and she was trying to tel me about God.. I told her i was protestant and already attended a church but she kept insisting on getting my address so she can "check up on how im doing" so creepy.. but it gets better... she watched me go home.. and ended up coming to my house a couple of weeks ago. Me and my dad were like shocked and my dad was so angry at that lady. SHe was a jehovah witness. even worse.. yeah... and pretty much we told her to stop coming to our house and stuff... and last week... tey came and stuck another flyer through our door. Its important for us to evangilise and be nice.. showing a good Christian image.. but in times like those, I learned that its more important to guard our hearts. Those are the types of chances like this guy who read those anit christian books and then became convinced that he shouldnt be a christian anymore. Its quite sad. But yes, we are still learning and we dont know enough, and until we have more knowledge and understanding, we need to be careful of our situation.

sorry.. it got long.. but i FINALLY finished ... some.. of my homework LOL i wish it would just go away.... Sad
i gotta go study for my french test .... hope you all have a good wednesdayyy ! and stay healthyyyy~
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:29 am

Man, went Kayaking in the School pool gym. Jst woke up but still tired...
ARG~ Sorry guys tho... I was rele angry today and I tried to read the chapter
but i jst couldnt get it thru my head... i had to cool down b4 I read this chapter...

This chapter talks about how GOD GAVE us GIFTS FROM HEAVEN!!
Everything good we have right now in our lives is fro god... Jesus climbed
up to heaven and came back down to bring us gifts... But with those
we have to live LIKE jesus. Mature up and Grow up like him... I think the
definition of Immaturity in the bible means not being like Jesus... Being
immature means to live in a sinful nature where we only think of ourselves...
Right now, I think i'm rele pissed cuz i'm jst thinking of myself right now...
I rele need to step up right now and think... y am i RELE pissed, is it a reasonable
reason for me to be Angry right now?? am i being Mature like christ??? hmmmm.
The bible says be angry because we're good at it and being angry isnt bad but
we should have a REASONABLE reason y to be angry and make sure u dont take
any sinful actions after... To be honest, I THINK it's reasonable If i think about it now
but, I need to learn to forgive i guess. I still cant believe it now and i think i should have
a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGG talk with god right now... This is rele stressful...

Plus, The bottom part talks about how the life that we are living should be gone and
change... WE NEED CHANGE!! we should change cuz WE LEARNED CHRIST!! I kno
we dont kno a lot about christ but like, even with the small knowledge that we have about
christ, we should change and try to live like him...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:49 am

haha i read so much scripture today for my morality assignment.. and like 30 pages of Catholic catechism. haha
I was going to do my devos today but im getting kicked off the computer cuase my mom wants to sleep. So i guess i cant post today's chapter!

But i did spend a lot of time reading the bible(even if it was for hwk) and reflecting on it.
So yeah sorry i know i shouldve done it earlier!

Have a great wednesday everyone
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:17 am

" 1 Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God."
For the uni students! reflect!

i like it when it said to not be anger before sundown. I think its both spiritually healthy and mentally healthy to sleep soundly. To wake up angry is just plain stupid right?

sorry for the lateness, lots of work to do
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven.Hong Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Hey guys sorry for the really late reply
I thought it was do ur own devo so that's why I didn't post it on ephesians 4
But I it write the ephesians 4 now

So basically this chapter talks about gifts that god gave each and one of us I don't know what anyones gifts are because yur suppose to find that out on your own. But saying that we should try to find what the gift that god gave and use it for a better thing in life. Goo and find out what that great gift that god gave you is it will help a lot in the future.

I will be posting my devo little late cause once again I have english 12 night school have a nice dayy well I'm stuck at night suck
My life suck LOL
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Number of posts : 142
Birthday : Inside 8====D~~~~o
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down