Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

feb 1st do you own devo

+3
Allan
Grace
Isaac
7 posters

Go down

feb 1st do you own devo Empty feb 1st do you own devo

Post  Isaac Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:56 pm

Sorry guys, I was planning on making the proper thread but I'm at work so I am unable. Today do your own devos and post em up!

I hate work Sad
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

feb 1st do you own devo Empty Re: feb 1st do you own devo

Post  Grace Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:54 pm

today before i went out, while i was cleaning my room i found this letter from one of my mentors. she wrote it to me like 2 years ago xD but it was really nice reading it again. Its wierd how something you hear once through a letter, email sermon, seminar or whatever can apply to you so many times. I sort of found the importance of writing things down, like from what you learned. I found booklets of notes i took at vision x and other retreats and confrences, and i thought about it... it would have been nice having them when i was struggling. But it made me reflect, and now i have them in a spot i can see them in CLEARLY. hahahaa i also read through my spiritual journal. it has my ups and downs as a christian written down since 200...8? it was wierd reading them again. This pastor told me to write a journal about my spiritual life because in the future it would be a good hting to refer to.. give me more knowledge and reflect so that i dont make the same mistakes again. haha awesome
but im so glad i kept it. its embarassing to read here and there... but its a good tool to keep, a good way to vent and remember and learn.
I encourage all of you to keep a spiritual journal. write about verses that have applied to you, ones that stick out to you, sermons you like, events that happen in your life where you knew God was present (not that He ever isnt...) because you never know when they will come in handy in the future!

hope you guys had a good dayyy !
no school till wednesdayyyy, one more day to sleep in Very Happy muhahahaa
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:21 am

I was cleaning my room, and found like mold growing under the computer...ewww

Psalm: 105 7-8

7 He is the Lord our God;
his judgments are in all the earth.
8 He remembers his covenant forever,
the word that he commanded, for a thousand generations

Sometimes it is best to go back to simplicity. God...who is God. What is God...I think that this verse is best suited to answer this question. He is our God, who has power beyond our understanding, and he never forgets. He has been there since the beginning of time, and he has been there for our forefathers. He is someone who plans everything out. He is fair. He is sometimes scary and fearful, but also loving and forgiving. I think that I forgot the simplicity of God. Like you know when you are a kid, you just love God. You don't have to be pleased with explanations, theories, complicated thoughts. You just loved him for some reason, and you can't as you grow older love him without substance. I really liked this verse becasue it was simple yet so true

c ya all
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:46 am

Nice reminder Allan. Simplicity!

But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. God "will give to each person according to what he has done."
Romans 2:5-6

This is kind of scary, God will give to each person according to what he has done. Does this mean our actions do matter when we get to heaven?
Yikes. When you store up sin and you become boastful, you set yourself up when that day comes. I htink this is why Sam encourages us to share things with each other for this very reason. It is our pride and our stubborness that refuses us to share. But whats more important...?
Now or Never?
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:08 am

Hey guys ready to go back to school? 
So today I read Job 23. I just flipped open my bible and it landed on this page. I remember reading this a while ago, but I love this chapter because it’s Job’s clear declaration of how lost and frustrated he is. It’s all about Job not knowing where to find God.
“If only I knew where to find God, I would go to His court. I would lay out my case and present my arguments.”
Job talks about how frustrated he is that our relationship with God and his tests and judgment for us aren’t as easy as they are in the real would. Unlike how we can just go to court and argue our cases, he first needs to FIND God first.
“I do not see Him in the north, for He is hidden. I look to the south, but He is concealed”:
it's interesting to see that even Job, one of the most faithful men in the bible felt God's absence for sucha long time. But then he says "But He knows where I am going. And when He tests me, I will come out as pure as gold."
I know that I get frustrated with God when I feel like he's absent, not giving me answers, etc. But just like Job God tests every single one of us with his absence. It's up to us to realize this, and have faith that this is all we are all in God's grandiose plan. That though we may not know where we're going or what we're doing or what we should be doing, that God knows. And it really is frustrating, especially for us control freaks that need to have every minute of our lives planned out. haha but its a huge step in humility to realize that we really dont control anything.
"Whatever He wants to do, He does."

have a great tuesday everyone! g'night!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:23 am

hey guys!
i read romans 8 today, one of those chapters that stay with you always and for me, its romans 8

"2 And because you belong to him, the power[a] of the life-giving Spirit has freed you[b] from the power of sin that leads to death."
This stuck out to me because we have been on the topic of sin. Because we BELONG to him, we are freed from the power of sin. Look how it doesnt say "freed you from sin". It frees you from the POWER of sin. meaning it doesnt take away sin, but helps lessen the power of sin itself. because we are human ,we are sinful. Even being christian will never get sin off of us, because we think sinful thoughts naturally. So the reason why we NEED God (on earth atleast), is to ask for the strength to conquer the power of sin. Like the chains.... To break from the chains that are shackled to sin. makes sense right? aha...

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:45 am

Hey guys, Date with my mom watching Avatar... LOL turned out better than I thought
even tho she nudged me every 3 mins asking me wat it meant. And me having trouble explaining
cuz how are u supposed to like explain that in korean unless ur like a professional interpreter... LOL

READ PLEASE!!!
I read 1 Corinthians 2 and it's ACTUALLY filled with an amazing message...

7No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. 8None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory

these verses actually HIT ME... Literally HIT ME like a rock... The only reason that Jesus died for us was cuz
of the lack of communication and understanding between us and god... If we understood each other, Jesus wouldnt
have died for us... Because Jesus died for us, that means WE dunt understand god NOW. During the days of Adam
and Eve, They had 1 on 1 communication with god... HOW SICK IS THAT! and God had no intention of sending Jesus
down until they bit the fruit of Knowledge of Evil. So we shouldnt even get cocky with our knowledge. We should only
take pride on our selves if we get to talk to god 1 on 1 (when we understand him). But NO BODY HAS!!
that's y the bible says, dunt be cocky, because NOBODY was able to understand and communicate with god... NOBODY,
if we did, we would be dead or at least Deaf or crippled... God's too holy for our bodies. If we were to take a glimpse or
hear a bit of god's voice, our bodies would suffer and our souls would burn and be in pain... So there is no reason watsoever
to show off... It is literally impossible for us to earn the right to show off...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:46 pm

sry this is late guys

i read romans 14

6 Those who worship the Lord on a special day do it to honor him. Those who eat any kind of food do so to honor the Lord, since they give thanks to God before eating. And those who refuse to eat certain foods also want to please the Lord and give thanks to God.

This verse made me realize that whatever you do, if you have the right intentions for God inside, it's most likely not wrong. Some people might disagree with each other thinking that you should do this to honor God. But i think everyone has their way of honoring god and what you believe is right is probably rightl.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down