Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

do your own devo!

5 posters

Go down

do your own devo! Empty do your own devo!

Post  Grace Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:57 pm

okay so today im doing something a little differnt for devos.
i went on the onnuri site, just looking for directions by bus... and i found these awesome definitions about chrisitan stuff!
like i think its important to know the meaning of specific things! you can have your own definition, but i liked these ones Smile i feel like these are things that are important to know on a worship team ?!

Worship: We believe worship to be a way of life. That anything you do that brings pleasure to God is an act of worship. We believe that worship is central in the life of the believer. Worship that glorifies God, both in daily life and in the regular gathering of the church.

Community: We believe in a community where people can grow together spiritually and develop lifelong friendships as they share life together. We believe that the Christian life is best lived in community that it is not meant to be a solitary experience. We will encourage everyone to be part of a small group and will structure all ministries in teams.

Serving: We believe in every believer faithfully serving in the body of Christ (the Church) and are ministers of God’s word. We trust that God has equipped each believer to serve the local church and community according to their Spiritual Gifts.

Stewardship: We believe in efficient use of all resources God has entrusted to us. We believe in the giving back of those resources to build up the Kingdom of God.

Church: We believe that the Church is the Body of Christ of which Jesus Christ is the Head. The Church exists to worship God and make Him known to the ends of the earth. We believe that the Church is a fellowship of believers.

alright im SOOOO tired, and im gonna have a long day tomorrow -.- good night everyone Smile 4 more days until 2 weeks of freedom !!!! yeeee
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

do your own devo! Empty Re: do your own devo!

Post  JacobPk Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:24 am

Great devo Grace!
Good points, and we should constantly remind ourselves of these points.

I was re-reading Purpose Driven Life, and it's sooooo gooooood.
You guys should read it again if you already have and those of you who haven't, get to it!

I was pretty much reading the section of being shaped by God.
It was quite interesting. I learned that everyone has their limitations and we should work within the boundaries
God has put us in. Make sense? Never trying to do more than what we can't handle. Sometimes we put ourselevs in that position
and we blame God because we can't do it. Think about whose fault that it, yours or Gods?

Somethign to think abotu!

Retreat is comign up so edge up those last minute stuff and PRAY Smile

Have a great week!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:40 am

Hey guys, I read 1 timothy 6 today!!
how was ur weeks?? well day?? I had a
rele unpleasent week over all... My brother went
to a party, didnt come home for 2 days then my mom
got angry so he got kicked out for another 2 days and
jst came back home cuz i caught him at school...
RELE BAD!!

So the message that i got from this chapter is very important and we can't emphasize enuf...
Dunt worship money... People have fallen into the temptations of money SOOOO many times and
i think i fell into money acouple of times.. I like it how when we're eating, and when somebody like me
is short on money and u guys cover plus u guys dunt rele care about me owing back!! I HAVE TO OWE
BACK, dunt get the wrong message but money rele is a big factor... Everyday, all i hear from my brother
saying to my mom is "엄마!! 돈줘!!!!" Seriously and all my mom does is complain and they get into an arguement...
It's rele hard for me to hear this and rele hard to have a brother that didnt accept jesus or believe in that jesus
and god exists. So money is a RELE big problem when it comes to my family... Hope that money doesn't get any worse.
I kno that i need money, even to go to church and these days, my mom wants me to buy my own food, and tickets
and it's rele hard to pay for ALL those and it's even hard to ask my mom for money that i worked for and I try
to avoid working, not only cuz i dunt like it but knowing that my mom wont give me money that i worked for unless i ask...
Money RELE IS A BIG PROBLEM so we need to fix it...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:54 am

4 Jesus gave his life for our sins, just as God our Father planned, in order to rescue us from this evil world in which we live.

I saw that it's written alot God planned for Jesus to do these things and I don;t think it's an accident. I think they do it to show the humility of Jesus. They want to show Jesus how humble he is. But like Sammmy saiid on sunday, Jesus isn't gods wingman, they are both equal but Jesus looks like the humble servant because I think Jesus wants us all to be humble towards god.

muhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so tired
see yass

GET PUMPED FOR THE RETREAT EVERYONE!!!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:36 am

Salut, tout le monde!
Sorry im in more of a frenchie mood than ever! haha
So today i had like a 3 hr nap. My mom thought i was like dead or unconscious. Apparently I just like collapsed and fell on my bed when i got home today. So I'm taking it EASYYY tonight, and then tmrw will start my hardcore law and english cramming!

So today I read from Provers 15:
It was nice to read very short verses that just have so much wisdom in just a couple of words. If i was artsy, I would paint my room and make a wall a wall of proverbs wisdoms.
" 4 The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life,
but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit. "
I love it whenever the bible talks about our 'tongue'. It really emphasizes the importance of the words taht we choose, and how they affect our spiritual lives. Since talking is just one of those natural things like eating or breathing, a lot of the times we say things without thinking about it. this is where we can say a lot of STUPID THINGS that hurt other people or God - whether we know it or not. So we should really be careful in all the things we say, because we don't want to crush our or anyone else's spirit. instead, we should be making changes in our lives and in our hearts so that we bring healing with the words that we speak. Thus let's use our words to encourage people, support people, comfort people, etc. so that we may produce good fruit and life with our words!

" 30 A cheerful look brings joy to the heart,
and good news gives health to the bones. "
I really like this one because it reminds us of the importance of optimism. When we're stressed and tired and sometimes bad things just happen to us, its really hard to be cheerful. But the only person that can help us overcome all the pain that hinders us from being happy is God - we can lift up all of our burdens to him and ask him for peace within our hearts. Because even though God gives us pain, he still wants us to be joyful in our hearts, because we have the privillege of receiving God's peace in our lives. So when we wake up tomorrow let's try to have a more positive perspective on life. Attitude is everthing, isn't?

Have a greattt tuesday tmrw, everyone!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down