Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do your down devo (Dec 15)

4 posters

Go down

Do your down devo (Dec 15) Empty Do your down devo (Dec 15)

Post  Isaac Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:03 am

Sorry guys i didnt do my devos laast night... i studied all night (again Sad) and im still studying now aha...

ill catch up with you guys soon
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Do your down devo (Dec 15) Empty Re: Do your down devo (Dec 15)

Post  Cathy Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:00 pm

So I just applied to Queens arts today. Then finally got an ouac reference number so i could apply for thousands and thousands of dollars Very Happy
but i was freaking out the whole time so i ate A LOT of green tea icecream. And now i feel gross and sickly.

haha anyways so today i read from Psamls 37:
1 [a] Do not fret because of evil men
or be envious of those who do wrong;
2 for like the grass they will soon wither,
like green plants they will soon die away

This verse reminded me of the saying, 'nice guys finish last'. I really hope this isn't true in the real world, but a part of me thinks that thats the way things go down a lot of the times. In order to climb the ladder in this materialistic world, you often have to sin, do some corrupt things, etc. Because the things that the world values is very different from what God values. And so it's easy to get jealous of the people who do these wrong things because it appears that it really pays off for them. But these verses remind us of how temporary it is - and that in God's eyes, the nice guys finish first. And really, our life with God lasts for eternity whereas our life on earth lasts like. 80-100 years tops. So I hope that we can stay strong and never compromise our values and our morals just to get farther in life!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:34 pm

im pooped

but i can now get back on track! except tmr.. hard core study tmr AGAIN Sad
i did proverbs 10 today
"3 Those who control their tongue will have a long life;
opening your mouth can ruin everything."

I think this is sooo true. Not just like gossip or something, but like trying to say positive things. I dont believe in positive reinforcement... :p im joking calm down kevin

4 Lazy people want much but get little,
but those who work hard will prosper.
i hope this is true... for my sake :p

"7 Some who are poor pretend to be rich;
others who are rich pretend to be poor."

hmmm this actually made me feel better about this week =) i think i know what to do now...

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:24 am

Hey guys... Studying for a test and also RELE RELE RELE
STOKED for the RETREAT!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
i read philipians chapter one today...

It's interesting how commited paul is to god... and how much he thanks god for everything
he has... like we complain too much about how things dont turn out like we want it to but
that's because we only think about the bad things we have. All we do to thank god is when we
pray to god about food. and thats it. we need to thank him for EVERYTHING GUY!!

13As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard[b] and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ.

this line rele caught me!! CHAIN FOR CHRIST!! usually, we use the symbal of a chain as a bad
thing but if u put christ in it, it changes the whole symbal of the word chain... BUILD A CHAIN
with CHRIST!!!! SICK!!

21For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Wow, he isnt afraid of death cuz he knos if he has christ, he wont rele die but he'll have
eternal life with him... Dies is gain!!
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:42 am

Grace is studying hardcore so she is unable to post, but she did do her devos.

Kudos
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:50 am

good one isaac.

16 Yet we know that a person is made right with God by faith in Jesus Christ, not by obeying the law. And we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we might be made right with God because of our faith in Christ, not because we have obeyed the law. For no one will ever be made right with God by obeying the law."

I thought this related a bit to what Cathy said. What happens in this world isn't always what God wants. Laws in this world may be beneficial in this world but God may not approve of it. God wants us to do what he wants and laws dont matter in this world. Dont get me wrong haha, that doesnt mean we should break the law and kill people because it says no one will ever be made right with God by obeying the law. I think that this passage meant that sometimes sacrfices must be made for God.

yee the retreats gonna be sick.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down