Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Samuel 1 (Sept 14)

+3
Grace
Kevin
Isaac
7 posters

Go down

1 Samuel 1 (Sept 14) Empty 1 Samuel 1 (Sept 14)

Post  Isaac Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:41 pm

"its like debate club, but not useless..."
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

1 Samuel 1 (Sept 14) Empty Re: 1 Samuel 1 (Sept 14)

Post  Kevin Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:21 pm

I realized I don't get as much as I usually do out of the bible when I read the first chapter of a book. But still, this chapter was important!

A guy named Elkanah married 2 women named Hannah and Penninah. Hannah couldn't have children and she was upset while Penninah had 2 kids from Elkanah. Penninah made fun of Hannah.. what a noob. Anyways!! Hannah really poured herself out to God in the temple and prayed that God would provide her with a son. From this, I learned that if we really pray hard enough and really believe God will answer our calls, he will answer. If we pray to God for something and we don't feel that he answered, it could be that we need to be patient. So we could all be like Hannah and never lose faith in God and never give up on God cause he never gives up on us.

haha I saw the movie "9" on the weekends with Isaac and Jacob. I thought the movie would be dumb cause it's a cartoon BUT IT WAS SICK! It's about 9 beanbags trying to save the world. Anyways it's a good movie!!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:26 pm

hello : )
okay so other than careers school was GOOOOOOD today Very Happy YES

why is that ?

BECAUSE GRACE KIM IS ON THE BASKETBALL TEAM ONCE AGAIN ! hahahahaha
point guard right here ! : )

hows school for you guyss !?!?!?!

so in 1 samuel 1... i found it pretty interesting .
it talks about Hannah's prayer to God for a son .
i like her dedication and commitment to God, and her level of trust.
like why would someone pray for days, hours, weeks, years to God if they didnt think that He could make their prayer come true ?
Ive experienced this a lot... I pray to God about the same thing for days because i know ONLY God can come through with it, He is the only one who can make it possible.

also i got one more thing .

i remember at niagara church a girl in grade 8 at the time asked me "well if i dont pray outloud then am i not praying hard enough or as well as the people who are?" but in here it said that Hannah was praying SILENTLY. like volume doesnt matter, length doesnt matter but heart does.
heart matters.
when we pray, are our hearts set in the right place?
i really like how Hannah's heart is in the right place and how she says "God if you give me a son, i will give him up to you"
Because everything should be done for GOD'S GLORY ~
center- charlie hall "everyone was made for you" "everything was made for you"
i love that song, just great lyrics Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:57 pm

grace ill stuff you in basketball... :p
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:08 pm

what do you mean -.-
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:43 pm

I despise work... I saw Cathy tho... but that didnt make my day... OH BURN CATHY ahaha

sam said that when women have their name mentioned in the Bible, its very important. ye ye

hmmm i question why she wanted a child... is it because of peer pressure, or because of bullying from the other girl? The motives of having this child confuses me...

The main point i got from this chapter is that God provides. I am a VERY STRONG believer in that phrase. God does provide, but he also takes away... so keep that in mind.

Tuesday... another day of school, another shift at the library... Sad

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:34 pm

lol learned you deserve and pre-chorus is a tongue twister for the fingers.
omg 5 page report on Sigmund Freud! ughhh...I thought social changes in history was a breeze course FAIL!
haha Karen Horney...it's still funny

God provides. God is there listening to your pleas. People get discourage because sometimes their pleas aren't answered right away, but that doesn't mean God never heard your initial plead. God also gives you hope. Hope repairs your brokenness, and to me it's a little pre answer to your plead.

well that's all for today \
c ya guys
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:41 pm

don't worry Grace, Isaac is amazing at basketball... he even teaches me a thing or two when he has the time to grace me with his presence... i love his good looks

Yes women were important, but their names were even mentioned! must be of great importance. they must've been hot.
God does provide. you don't know when, how, what, but he does provide. There will be times where you'll blame God because you thought he didn't provide, but he can be waiting for an even greater result. We have to be patient and humble if we want God to provide for us. ALso, it doesn't work if we're sitting around thinking that God will do something. Soemtimes, God even provides THROUGH us, which is always a blessing, but if you're working for it and you want God to work his stuff, he will. He NEVER fails. Sometimes we blame God because we think God didn't provide at one point, but we never look at ourselves first. THIS IS OUR GOD, we're talking about who are we to blame Him? we're such nooobs.

Last edited by Isaac on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : im a noob)
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:19 am

lol learned you deserve and pre-chorus is a tongue twister for the fingers.
omg 5 page report on Sigmund Freud! ughhh...I thought social changes in history was a breeze course FAIL!
haha Karen Horney...it's still funny

God provides. God is there listening to your pleas. People get discourage because sometimes their pleas aren't answered right away, but that doesn't mean God never heard your initial plead. God also gives you hope. Hope repairs your brokenness, and to me it's a little pre answer to your plead.

well that's all for today \
c ya guys
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:28 am

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT DEBATE CLUB IS AWESOME!

haha k so 1 samuel 1:
you guys are right! hannah does seem pretty cool cause shes a woman that got mentioned in the bible! When I was reading this I totally got all attached to hannah cause I love babies and not being able to have babies would destroy my soul (fyi my babies are gonna be like a thousand times cuter than any of your guys' babies).. And I can just imagine the amount of frustration and anger that she must have felt towards God becuase God made her barren. But instead of taking that frustration and channeling it into distancing herself from God, she did the opposite:
10 In bitterness of soul Hannah wept much and prayed to the LORD
THis reminds us all that in times of struggle, its best to bring it to the Lord, for he can heal us, comfort us, and even completly take away the problem like he did in Hannah's case.. In verse 13 it also said that hannah was praying in her heart.. This really emphasizes how genuine hannah really was in her devotion and trust in God.. Sometimes we sort of just pray with our lips, becuase we know in our heads that we 'should pray'. But really theres no point to any of that if our hearts aren't in it - if we're not genuinely lifting up our problems to the Lord..

Today I was sitting outside the library and i met this woman with a huge backpack and the biggest suitcase that i had ever seen in my life.. it looked like she had her whole life in there.. And also she was limping and i noticed she had bandages on her leg. She sat right beside me on the bench even though there was plenty of space on that bench and she started to talk to me.. started asking me about life, my dreams, aspirations, etc. it wasnt creepy or anything, but i could relaly tell that she wanted to talk and share with someone.. there was just something about her that seemed really broken.. i tried asking her about her suitcase but all she said was that it was 'the story of her life' and then she looked really sad and changed the topic right away. I had to leave soon after cuase my mom had come to pick me up, but there was something about that woman that really reminded me of how much we all need God to take away our pain, our frustrations..
I wish I had more time with the woman. but yeah just something i wanted to share!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:29 am

ps is it just me or did allan totally post the same thing twice?
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:33 am

He double posted like a noob
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:48 am

Guys, I'm rele tired today, been practicing alot... HAHA, can't wait until we perform for god... LOL

This chapter was basically the start of a religious story... It was basically about Samuel's mother, Hannah and how hard she prayed to god.... Her husband had 2 wives and she was the one who couldn't have a baby but the other did... She was always made fun of by her (Sister?) in law because she couldn't have a baby... She was always loved more by her husband than the other one. Hannah had a clean heard and was very dedicated to god. She prayed and prayed to god about her pain and one day she did get a baby and named him Samuel... This chapter was basically explaining how graceful god is, if we are commited to him and give our hearts to him, He will truely bless us... I hope we can all be like Hannah...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down