Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Samuel 2 (Sept 15)

+3
Kevin
Grace
Isaac
7 posters

Go down

1 Samuel 2 (Sept 15) Empty 1 Samuel 2 (Sept 15)

Post  Isaac Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:41 pm

oreo cakeseters..
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

1 Samuel 2 (Sept 15) Empty Re: 1 Samuel 2 (Sept 15)

Post  Grace Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:48 pm

gotta make this quick... i have to head out for work ...

i really loved the first part of this chapter Smile
when Hannah is rejoicing to the Lord, declaring that there is no one like him
the whole chapter was great, but these verses i loved the most

1Hannah prayed:
You make me strong
and happy, LORD.
You rescued me.
Now I can be glad
and laugh at my enemies.
2No other god [a] is like you. We're safer with you
than on a high mountain. [b] 3I can tell those proud people,
"Stop your boasting!
Nothing is hidden from the LORD,
and he judges what we do."
4Our LORD, you break
the bows of warriors,
but you give strength
to everyone who stumbles.

it goes on liek this for i think another 6 verses...
i love how she says We're safer with you, than on a high mountain .
God is our shelter, and our refuge .
i really feel that when im going through a tough time and try to run away from it all.. i always end up coming back to God
and when I give myself up to Him, i feel comfertable and safe in His embrace
nothing is impossible for God, so lets trust in Him and give Him our all Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:11 pm

OMG this week is passing by TOO slowly!!

2 No one is holy like the Lord !
There is no one besides you;
there is no Rock like our God.

I like this verse, it compares our God to a rock. That means he hass a strong foundation and we can rely on him. I can always go to God when I need help and can always "lean" on him when we need help and he'll give us strength and always help us out.

9 "He will protect his faithful ones,
but the wicked will disappear in darkness.
No one will succeed by strength alone.

The part where Hannah said he will protect his faithful ones was cool cause if we have faith from him, he will keep us safe. So all he wants is for us to love him and trust him and we will be safe. The last part where it says No one will succeed by strength alone was right. No one can do the hardest of things without God. I wanna try to remmeber that more often cause I want to rely on God. Not because I have to, but because I want to.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:29 pm

hi guys, imma do my devos early today... I also have alot of homework to do... lol hope you guys are having a wonderfull time...

This chapter was the continuation of hannah and samuel... In the beginning of the chapter, Hannah is praying to god. Not covered with pain and tears but filled with joy... After all the suffering and all the tears that she spilled while praying, god had given her the one thing that she wanted the most. Children, Not only one child but many of them... Sameul was hannah's first son and he always stayed faithful with god and as we read through this chapter, i have a feeling that we will hear amazing stories through him...this story was proof that god will never let us go and when times get too rough for us to handle, he will always be there for us helping us push forward in our life... don't take anything for granted because god won't give you everything you want... stay faithful and you always have to accept the fact that life is not fail but god will always be there for us in some way... When times get rough for u guys, jst kno that god is always with u...

P.S funny thing, B4 I did my devo, I have a couple of Oreo Cakesters...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:27 pm

chris tomlin oct 3 and starfield oct 30 in torontooooo, say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat !
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:20 pm

My heart rejoices in the LORD;

This is what worship is all about. When you heart is fully dependent on God all the time, hungry for him, desperate for him, thirsty for Him, that is worship. When we praise this sunday, let us not just "praise" but worship, let us pray when we want to, let us listen to Sam with attentive ears and let Jesus be the applying factor in our lives. Especially for our noobs who are playing this sunday, there is no difference on stage then off stage. For example: Even though I'm leading s song, it doesn't mean i GET people to sing. That's now hot leading works, i WORSHIP and God will use my voice so that others will worship with me. That's how leading works. In the same way, sunday worship, friday worship, devotions, they are not any different. You must be consistent and have a humble Heart when you worship. Pray so that God may take away your pride. When the congregation sees how genuinely WE worship, they will worship as well. That's how GOd works, he provies, all we have to do is contribute Smile
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:37 pm

i went for a jog. and now im eating fruits. i feel GREATTTT
we had catholic mass today in school.. our choir consists of 3 really terriblee singers and they SOO BUTCHERED everything. ahha i kept imaging our praise team up there scaring our priest with our guitar rifts.. sickkkkk..

Hannah's great, she's rejociing and shes praying to the Lord, because of the gift that he bestowed upon her.. As Sam always tells us, when things are going good, thats when we should be praying the most - not only to thank God, but because things are bound to be worse later on..
Hannah says :
" 7 The LORD sends poverty and wealth;
he humbles and he exalts. "
I really like this verse cause it shows how poverty and wealth are BOTH things given to us by God, even though thats not normally how we would see it.. We usually see poverty as a bad thing, becuase it brings pain and suffering.. but we forget that it also humbles us and strips away the superficial to show us the valuable, worthwhile things in life.. Its like when Sam went to madagascar - he came back and told us about the poverty there, but then he said that he hopes that the ppl he met never get rich - because they're so happy just the way they are -with the little they have, they are left to value family, friendship, love, community, etc. instead of ipods, fancy cars and seven jeans..
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:08 am

arghhh.... school work and now i have to finish my data management homework Sad but atleast i get to do my devos!

thats some prayer. i think what i got you guys said the just of it.
" 7 The Lord makes some poor and others rich;
he brings some down and lifts others up."

i always like these lines because people ASSUME God does only "good" to people. But God does only RIGHT to people. Right may not seem "good" to some but it always is in the end.

math homework Sad

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:29 am

this is going to be a long semester...this is going to sux

In Hannah's prayer you can feel her joy she has for God. Huh I got something really interesting while reading today. Can you pray to harm others people. Your motive answers that question. If you pray for harm towards God's enemy, That God's justice will prevail over all.

lol thought it was a cool little thing from the study Bible!

anyways,

I learned that God is fair, and righteous. We may not understand a situation and we might be biased becasue we were born into this world. God is fair and he will practice his power when needed. In Hannah's prayer we see how God gives and take away. "He brings some down and lift others up. He will do anything he can to not lose you. He will humble people down when needed, and he will take when necessary. We should always pray to ready are selves for the good and bad. Because no matter what we should always give time for God.

k that is all for today

back to ENGRISH!
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down