Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 samuel 12 (sept 28)

+2
Grace
Isaac
6 posters

Go down

1 samuel 12 (sept 28) Empty 1 samuel 12 (sept 28)

Post  Isaac Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:02 pm

I'm confused as to why kevin did ch 11 on saturday or something. Kevin you screwed up the schedule!!! Aha
No worries, everyone just do 12 today. If you already did 12 do your own devotions. If you can't think of one do "romans 8"
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

1 samuel 12 (sept 28) Empty Re: 1 samuel 12 (sept 28)

Post  Grace Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:27 pm

verse 8

8 "After Jacob entered Egypt, they cried to the LORD for help, and the LORD sent Moses and Aaron, who brought your forefathers out of Egypt and settled them in this place.

it taks about how the Lord helps them out once again. They always make mistakes, but God is always there to get them out of trouble. He never abandons us. i think thats the constant message i get in this book.

verse 16

16 "Now then, stand still and see this great thing the LORD is about to do before your eyes!

Miracles! love them. i really feel like when i read about them... it helps give me more of a visual of how great these actions were, and how AWESOME our God is. Fear the Lord.... haha yes... when you read about what God is capable.. i dont think thats a problem.....
but lets stand still, and watch for what wonders God has planned in our lives. Like He pulls them off everyday, and you might not even notice... people call them "coincidence" or "luck" , but how would any of those things be possible without God? Im really excited to see what God is going to do within our praise team, and our church. Brothers and sisters! lets be alert Smile

so todays weather was crap.
it was dark... and rainy...
but on the bright side we won our bball game today Very Happy 30-24. yes sirrrrrrrr
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:29 pm

Grace wrote:verse 8

8 "After Jacob entered Egypt, they cried to the LORD for help, and the LORD sent Moses and Aaron, who brought your forefathers out of Egypt and settled them in this place.

it taks about how the Lord helps them out once again. They always make mistakes, but God is always there to get them out of trouble. He never abandons us. i think thats the constant message i get in this book.

verse 16

16 "Now then, stand still and see this great thing the LORD is about to do before your eyes!

Miracles! love them. i really feel like when i read about them... it helps give me more of a visual of how great these actions were, and how AWESOME our God is. Fear the Lord.... haha yes... when you read about what God is capable.. i dont think thats a problem.....
but lets stand still, and watch for what wonders God has planned in our lives. Like He pulls them off everyday, and you might not even notice... people call them "coincidence" or "luck" , but how would any of those things be possible without God? Im really excited to see what God is going to do within our praise team, and our church. Brothers and sisters! lets be alert Smile

so todays weather was crap.
it was dark... and rainy...
but on the bright side we won our bball game today Very Happy 30-24. yes sirrrrrrrr
dang it grace... HAHA i was trying to be first!!!
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:46 pm

hey guys, i was trying to do it b4 grace but i guess she beat me... HAHA came back late from school cuz i had practice in school for a essembly...

I read hebrews chapter 1o today and it had a very important message in it. If u read the bible, people used to sacrificed animals to god showing graditude, asking for forgiveness, and many other reasons but we don't see that alot these days... the only reason y we don't do that is cuz the last sacrifice enabled us to go to heaven and also forgave all our sins... Jesus died for us and this chapter is stating that because jesus died for us, that we dont have to offer animal sacrifices. In the first place, the blood of an animal did not forgive sins and jesus enabled for us to walk infront of god eventually... HAHA
14because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.
This verse said it all guys...
alright, gnite guys... HAHA
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:59 pm

sorry birrie , guess youll just have to be faster next time Razz
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:30 pm

ahah mb everyone! I got confused and messed up. So today I read Romans instead and it was a long chapter but I got a good message out of it.

35 Can anything ever separate us from Christ's love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death?36 (As the Scriptures say, "For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep."s)37 No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.

So it asks Can anything seperate us from Christ's love? I think that Jesus will always be in us and he will always love us and he will always be connected to us. In the end of 37 it says overwhelming victory is ours through christ, who loved us. This verse was good because we get victory because of Jesus and who doesn't love victory?? We can do everything with Jesus on our side so I can try to put more of my faith in him and take that extra leap of faith.

7 For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God's laws, and it never will.8 That's why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God.

That passage really spoke to me too. Sin is always against God but we choose it over God many times because sin is just so easy to do. We do it every day sometimes even when we don't even realize it. Verse 8 really reminded me of a sermon that I can't remember where I heard it from but I'm sure that some of you guys can remember it. We will never please God FULLY. The main topic of the sermon was We will all fall short to the glory of God. And that's because of sin. Sin is in this world and it's because of sin we will never please God to the fullest. So as long as we're in this phyiscal world, we can never please God fully but we can still please hiim through worship and just talking to him. So until we're dead and gone to heaven, only then can we please God fully because heaven is a place without sin.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:24 pm

I HATE WORK...
i stack books, jake stacks patties aha... jacobs work is more delicious : )

"‘We have sinned by turning away from the Lord..."
Remember a few weeks ago i talked about sin? And how sin is saying to God that you are unsatisfied with him and need something else? That phrase made me look at sin in a whole new perspective! And it really did change my life for the better.

DONKASTU FOR DINNNNAAAA and BIG BANG THEORY FOR DESERT SmileSmileSmileSmile

PEACE OUT HOMMIES

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:56 pm

i had donkatsu for dinner too. it was great
and i had SUCH A BAD DAY TODAY OH MY GOSH Sad school sucks and student council sucks and im tired
And my parents seem to think that Queens and U of T are the only schools that exist and that there's no future for me unless i go to law school... GRRRRRRRR CATHY ANGRY!
Let's all move away to Hawaii and buy ukeleles and sit on the beach sipping coconuts with pretty umbrellas in them.

haha k sorry for the rant
and sorry i think i screwed it up first. haha i did chapter 12 on saturday too. So i read romans 8
I loved vese 26: "And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For exampole, we don't know what God wants us to pray for.But the Holy Spirit rpays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all heartss knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in hamrony with God's own will. "
Thisverse helped me a lot today. Because it's so true that sometimes we just don't know what to pray for. I mean, there's the generic things like.. praying for your family, friends, nonbelievers, church, etc. But many of us doesn't know what God wants for us - we're still trying to figure that out, find his purpose in our life, etc. so in terms of praying for it, we dont know where to start. for now i guess we can pray that God reveals it to us. But it's very comforting to know that the Holy Spirit within us is praying on behalf of us - for the things that we dont even know we should be praying about.. and also the Holy Spirit prays a prayer that is so much stronger than what we can express in our words. And the Father listens to the Spirit, giving us the communication that is so important in our relationship with God..
haha whenever we watched lost my mom told me to pray for a husband like jack sheppherd. haha ill get on that and start praying. Razz
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:41 am

This is why when your siblings move out of the house you take the key. So there was food prepared for me, and when I came back after school I see my sister and brother finishing up the food that was made for me...AH ANGER!!!! So I starved!!!

I read Matthew Chapter 15 today

Jesus Teaches About Inner Purity

These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship is farce for they teach man-made ideas as commands from God

I never realized this before, but it is really easy for God's words and commands to be corrupted by us. We think we know what is right and wrong, and we somehow make false justifications from the bible to prove our point. It is really easy, and also really dangerous. The moment our own beliefs and ideas infuse with the word we have created something that can be harmful to others. We might think it is right, but we aren't sure. It really is a scary thought, that you might be blinded by your own ideas. Like the whole dogma business. Old religious practices, their are many many criticisms towards that, but I am not going to go into detail.

We have to really dissect the bible and reveal every little detail. Cause the Bible can interpret in many ways. It can save and hurt lives, as weird it may sound.

k that is what I got for today

cya guys
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:13 am

WHOA NOW. you have a brother?
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down