Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Timothy 6 (July 15)

4 posters

Go down

1 Timothy 6 (July 15) Empty 1 Timothy 6 (July 15)

Post  Isaac Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:29 pm

Embarassed
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

1 Timothy 6 (July 15) Empty Re: 1 Timothy 6 (July 15)

Post  Allan Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:02 pm

Omg I am going to become an uncle!

My brother in law calls me in the morning, and says "Guess what Allan you sister is pregnant", my initial response ok so...WHAT!
Uncle Allan...awkward

True riches! Man I am the only one who felt guilty of this. I am reading this chapter today and I am like "I have too much ".

hold tightly to the eternal life to which God has called you, which you have confessed so well before many witnesses

I think this is a very important verse, becasue you do have to hold on to your fate tightly. It is easy to lose your faith becasue Satan is trying to sever the connection you have with God. You must always hold on, meaning you must always practice God's instructions. God is not going to do everything for you. You must be willing to desperately hold on to God's love and salvation. You must want it. So i really like this verse. You see that that desperation for God's love

That is all I got today, and going to my sister's house to ask very demanding questions...

BI
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:33 pm

CONGRATS ALLLLLAN
hmmm that means your sister did it.... thats awkward... and she got pregnant... so that means she REALLY did it... thats even worse, cause you could always say that she didnt and block that out of your mind... but when little allan jr is walking around .... okay ill stop...
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:37 pm

ughh bad thoughts bad thoughts must block out! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:02 am

CONGRATS ARREN!!!!

Ew, Isaac. Why would you point that out. Awky sitch.

Timothy 6

6 Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. 7 After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. 8 So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content.

17 Teach those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which is so unreliable. Their trust should be in God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment. 18 Tell them to use their money to do good. They should be rich in good works and generous to those in need, always being ready to share with others. 19 By doing this they will be storing up their treasure as a good foundation for the future so that they may experience true life.

Today's passage really taught me about relying on God, and God alone. It reminded me about refuting all of the world's securities and investing in what really counts, as true believers.

In these passages, Paul teaches Timothy that we must learn to be content with what we have been given, for money is unreliable and is by no stretch, a measure of happiness. I like how in both verses that I've highlighted, Paul emphasizes that we should be concentrating on the life that awaits us, after death, and remember that what we gather in our life on earth is temporary. Therefore, too much focusing on money during your temporary life is without cause, for you're investing in something that will eventually escape you. Whereas, if you continuously put your trust in God, refusing to put your trust and love into money and rather using it for good, He will store up great treasures for you in heaven, and that is true investment. Hope this is somewhat coherent...Haha.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:33 am

Allan, congratulations. THAT is wierd.
Tear Down the Walls. Sickest Song by Hillsongs United.
8======D
Yah so tomorrow i'm going for my G1 test. hope i don't fail. Also i start 1st day of Work. stupid haircut and hairnet.
Anyway Praise on friday will be siick so get excited!
and Dont' fall back in devos, we've been doing a good job, but let's make it better!

Alot of verses i liked fomr this chapter!
i was wondering. why do they have verses anyway?

7For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it.
Simple isn't it? Yet some people try to do all these thigns so that they can live a comfortbale life, make lots of money, relax and what not, but in the end it won't matter will it. God brought us into the world and he's the only one who can bring us out, in the end, nothing matters except where we end up. Scary isn't it. However, since we were created to glorify God's kingdom, why don't we make more use of ourselves? Go otu and do God's will! God will provide so just have faith.

but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment
How many of us rely on money or friends or other stuff and put our hope in God AFTER? forget that garbage. Let's put God first, not even just frist but in the CENTER of our lives. I think this is what is means to worship. TO live for God, and God will provide! There's no point in panicing or anything. Just have hope! Don't stress and lift all yoru worries to God, because he knows what to do with them so that you can grow MORE.

I think i'm all over the place, btu i can't really get my point in there. haha.
YE YE
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:28 am

yooooooooooooooooooooooooo

"7 After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it"
I like this verse A LOT. That is all... aha its pretty self explanatory!

Much like hannah, this whole chapter speaks about trusting in God, and especially not money. When money is the christ of this world, its hard not to "worship" it. But we are lucky enough to know our own, true, christ. And thats the one we worship.

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down