Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Timothy 5 (July 14)

4 posters

Go down

1 Timothy 5 (July 14) Empty 1 Timothy 5 (July 14)

Post  Isaac Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:28 pm

Twisted Evil
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

1 Timothy 5 (July 14) Empty Re: 1 Timothy 5 (July 14)

Post  JacobPk Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:33 pm

Yo Yo i hope your week has been going sweet!
Guess what. i got a haircut today. and i'm practically bald. My 2 inches of side burn hair... yah about that, it's gone now.
It's a disaster. But atleast i look like an athlete and not some fob. Douche Licks. i'm gonna grow it from here on out and jjust tie these ingz behind my ear. UGH.

Anyway for today's devo alot of stuff was confusing, but some verses stuck out!
22Do not be hasty in the laying on of hands, and do not share in the sins of others. Keep yourself pure.
I pray for patience, a characteristic that i want to continue to develop. Being patient and trusting in God is difficult when you are tempted by Satan. You can only be patient when you put your trust in God and he can answer your prayer like he always does. When you are trying to find answers, when you panic, Look to God and he will answer. When you are tempted, pray to God and he'll guide you. Like trhe verse says, Haste is Waste Smile

23Stop drinking only water, and use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses.
WHen i first read this, i was confused, but i interpreted it in this way. Take Risks. Go out of your comfort zone so that God can be glorified. WHat's there to be scared of right? God is always protecting us, but of course it is easier said than done, but let's continue to work and develop our faith and confidence in God. Talk is cheap. Example and actions is what really counts!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:47 pm

HELLOOOOOOOOOO

" 23 Don’t drink only water. You ought to drink a little wine for the sake of your stomach because you are sick so often."
Next praise practice im brining a bottle of wine.... so you know... for the sake of our stomachs...

This WHOLE chapter is great! First off, it doesnt point it out but one of the things i got from this chapter is that you should work hard, and do what you can in your own area so that the church can focus on things that are greater or out of your control. So as an example, we should use our equipment well, so the church can spend its money on over seas missions, right? ye ye

"25 In the same way, the good deeds of some people are obvious. And the good deeds done in secret will someday come to light."
I like this verse a lot too. I know, and from time to time, SEE all the things that you guys do for the team, and the church! And its awesome how you guys dont show it off, but just humbly do it!
sickkk tinggsss

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:55 pm

HOLLA
I played tennis today and I'm pretty sure my legs are going to fall off. Hahahaha.

Timothy 5

Really interesting, because there are just so many knowledgeable points, one after the other. Although, some of them caught me by surprise with how specific and systematic they seemed!

22 Never be in a hurry about appointing a church leader.
For our current scenario, this verse reminded me that we don't have to feel any pressure with this appointing of new team members. If we put our trust in God and keep our prayers consistent, He will make sure that what was meant to happen will happen, and we will find ourselves making the right decisions! Smile

25 In the same way, the good deeds of some people are obvious. And the good deeds done in secret will someday come to light.
This verse highlighted the importance of humility. God loves humility. He had His one and only Son come down to this Earth and downgrade 5 million degrees, living not only among deceitful humans, but growing up as a carpenter - the King of Kings! With that example under our belts, it is no wonder that humility is something of great significance to God, and this verse reminds me that it's very important to be humble. Just like how God favoured the woman who humbly put in what little change she had, over the rich man who made a spectacle of his offering, if we practice our good deeds in secret, one day we will receive our prize!

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:37 am

lol must see you hair Jacob. So some douche(s) stole books from the store and we decided to install cameras in the store FINALLY!

Maybe just maybe drinking wine can cure my constant illness...yes I have a excuse to drink! Sigh*

Timothy is very interesting becasue when you first read it you're like, "this has nothing to do with me. Old people and widows, What?", but after you read it over you start to make connections with your life with timothy. It's weird.

Don't drink only water. You ought to drink a little wine for the sake of your stomach becasue you are sick so often

Get out of that comfort zone you are in. Stop limiting yourself. All that fear and anxiety can really limit your actions, and also your relationship with God. I remember the first time playing and I was scared and nervous, and all these thoughts of doubt started to flood my mind. Now when I think back, my comfort zone was affecting my worship. God is always there nudging us from the back, and also in the front ready to catch us. If you can glorify God, I think it is worth getting out of your usual routine and practices.

k that is all

G'd night
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down