Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April 13th

4 posters

Go down

April 13th Empty April 13th

Post  Isaac Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:15 am

There are many sinful men in our world. To what extent do we go out and save them? There is only one man we can rely on in times like these... The Coon..." - Isaac Kim, Prophet, Prodigy, Perfect...
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

April 13th Empty Re: April 13th

Post  hannahlee Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:26 am

I'm so confused by what you just wrote, E-sak.

So, it's 12:06am right now, and I've just finished cleaning and packing up things from my room. Ever since my parents came home, I've literally had not one moment to even get my daily youtube/facebook fix, but it's been cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, for the past 6 hours straight? And now, Hannah starts her weekend's homework and FINALLY posts a devo, hahahaha. I think...I wanna throw myself into the deep end of a pool - which for me is no different than jumping off a cliff, because I can't tread. Well, there was that one time when it almost worked...I had a pool noodle very close by though...I hate moving. Or whatever it takes to sell the house you currently live in. Ugh.

Anyways, I won't shy away from my current emotions, haha. In light of this gigantic lump of stress on my back right now and the things going on at church, I really needed to read about strength, so I sought out several verses that I'm just going to make mention of.

Isaiah 40:31
31 But those who wait for Yahweh will renew their strength. They will mount up with wings like eagles. They will run, and not be weary. They will walk, and not faint.

I was talking to my Mom about Sam's move and some of the negative reactions of people at church, and she encouraged me by saying that now's not a time for standing still but a time to pray like we've never prayed before for revival and good change. In this verse, it says "those who wait for Yahweh will renew their strength." We can't keep thinking whatever thoughts about how different the new pastor might be and how we might not get along as well, etcetera. The fact of the matter is, nothing has been set in stone yet and until then, God's giving us all the opportunity in the world to pray for us to receive a great individual that'll uplift this ministry even more! If we rely on Him and Him alone, with CONFIDENCE, and stop freaking out about the changes that are to come, He'll renew our strength. This is a perfect opportunity to see how much we believe in prayer. Let's pray with confidence that God will answer us!

Also, as I mentioned to some of you earlier, this is our opportunity to be really bold. Let's see these coming months as a new beginning and really push ourselves to grow in new ways as we become leaders for the ministry to really depend on. I don't want to see us taking it slow because of the circumstances but accumulate all our really great ideas and really run with them Smile

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. – Matthew 11:28-30

I liked this one. Specifically for my school situation, haha.
Have any of you heard that story called "Footsteps", where a guy's walking along the beach revisiting moments throughout his lifetime or something, and he notices that the set of footprints change from 2 to 1 and he asks God why He had forsaken him at those moments? To which God answers that those were the moments that He was carrying him on His back?
This verse reminds me that God doesn't need me to go through it alone, neither does He want that. No matter how stressed out I am, if I lay it all before Him and share that burden with Him, He'll give me comfort.

But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. – John 16:7

This one was a little, "Hmmm..." and racy, but I decided to stick it in here anyways, haha. So in the context of the verse, Jesus is talking to the disciples about his coming departure, but I replaced His words with...Sam, let's say. Hahaha. Akin to what I wrote about earlier, along with all the other reasons this is happening, maybe it's also God giving us an opportunity to grow spiritually.
Here, I'm sure the disciples were devastated because their one and only leader whom they depended on so much was leaving and they didn't know what to do. But Jesus tells them that unless He leaves, they will never be as accepting of the Holy Spirit (Counselor) and will have a harder time standing strong on their own, so this will be a great opportunity to accept the Spirit in.
In the same way, maybe that's one of the opportunities God is quietly implying we grasp here, too...

I shouldn't be the one to say this, seeing as how this past week, I've done a poor job of posting my daily devos on a regular basis, but this call goes out to me, too, so I guess it's okay, haha. Let's really put our best foot forward now, guys. I think prayer should be our first priority, and then really drawing close as a family Smile

We'll get through this. Strength like eagle's wings! Very Happy

SAN TOKKI! for the praise team.
HWWWAIGHTING! for the leadership team.

Hahahaha.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:48 am

so that took me all morning to read :p
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:10 pm

One fine day in the middle of the night,
Two dead boys got up to fight,
Back to back they faced each other,
Drew their swords and shot each other,

One was blind and the other couldn't, see
So they chose a dummy for a referee.
A blind man went to see fair play,
A dumb man went to shout "hooray!"

A paralysed donkey passing by,
Kicked the blind man in the eye,
Knocked him through a nine inch wall,
Into a dry ditch and drowned them all,

A deaf policeman heard the noise,
And came to arrest the two dead boys,
If you don't believe this story’s true,
Ask the blind man he saw it too!

This is the poem from the movie. There was a blind guy aha with a paralyzed donkey
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:20 pm

Whats up? Devos people... devos...

I havent read proverbs in a while... so i thought i would get my proverbs fix in for the last day.

Proverbs 2: "the rich and poor have this in common: The Lord made them both."
Sam spoke on this a few weeks ago that the church is made up of many different people, in terms of how well off they are. I think one thing that our team does well is that money isnt a problem. It doesnt separate anyone of us.

Thats all from me today Smile Tomorrow were doing Isaiah. Its a big book so were going to do them in parts. Please do your devos... oh and my cell group, you are doing Isaiah with me as well Smile

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:17 pm

ew, why would you post the entire poem.

i still don't quite get what it had to do with anything. hahaha.
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:34 pm

Ohmygosh.
I was done posting and then I opened a youtube link my friend sent me and it took over this tab Sad
well here goes again.

Lamentations 3:22-23
"The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning."
This verse made me smile. It really reminded me of how God is just overflowing us with his love and mercy. But the most important part of these verses was the last part, when it says that his mercies begin afresh each morning. It made me realize that God sort f starts again everyday, and it reminded me to take things one day at a time. Sometimes I get sort of freaked out when I think about how to be a good Christian for the rest of my life. That's still another 100 years (seeing as Cathy Pak is superwoman and I'm totally gonna live till im at least like. 120 Razz)
Hahha but if we put everything into perspective and try to take things one day at a time, I think it really takes the pressure off and makes everything so much easier. To get up in the morning, knowing that even God is renewing his mercy, shows us that we can start anew too. Sometimes we dwell on the past or keep thinking about sins that we've committed the day before and keep beating ourselves up about it. But as long as we genuinely repent and ask for forgiveness, God takes those sins and casts them as far as from east is to west. God doesnt want us to spend the rest of our lives being guilty about things. That's sort of why he sent Jesus to die for our sins. So that we can be freed from those burdens. But isntead, he gives us the chance to start anew every day. And in this way we can take things little by little. It's a lot less intimidating and a lot more effective if we try to be worshippers from the time we get up to the time we go to bed, rather then try to set that goal for the rest of our lives. maybe that's why god created night and day Smile
But I thought this was a great verse to read just before we go back to school. I know a lot of us are dreading it, but let's take it one day at a time, rememebring to be worshippers at all time ! Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:36 pm

My devo didn't post. what a tease.

Ezekiel 38:7
" 'Get ready; be prepared, you and all the hordes gathered about you, and take command of them

The time is now! dun dun dun
How many of us were expecting Roh to leave? How many of us were excpeting Sam to leave?
In the end it doesn't matter, no offence to you guys, but what DOES matter is that God doesn't change. and he never will.
So we need to step up in this church! we need to get ready and be prepared to Lead. We've said, but talk is cheap. Let sour actions follow.
But get this: how can we lead if we ourselves are not spiritually healthy? How can we step up in a church if we ourselves aren't even doing our devotions, not to mention praise etc. If we have to cut fown on the music to be spiritually leaders, so be it. IF we need to cut down ALL the music to be spiritually leaders, and not just any leaders, btu Great ones, so be it. How can we lead the church if we ourselves aren't practicing what we preach? Let's step it up guys, to be leaders and risk takers, we need to be accountable with each other, and with God.
I want us to be a praise team that prays our hearts out. Its the thing we need most and what we will always need the most. Let us be prayer warriors so that we can lift the church. I've come up with a mission statement already, have you?
Like Hannah mentioned, some people may say" our church is going ot crash"
Let's be positive/optimistic! Great things come out from bad situations.
If there is one thing i've learned at Mil al, it's this "Nothing is impossible for, through and with God.."
you know how there's poeple who say"i'm a realistic person, the church will crash"
FORGET THEM, when God comes into the picture,,, where is that "reality"?
Reality comes crashing when God comes in, nothing makes sense when God's there, btu yet, that's the sweetest thing about him.
He's mysterious ahahah
Let us continue to pray like there is no tomorrow!
and let's grow together! Let's achieve GREATNESS through God.

San tokki Hannah.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down