Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April 8th

+2
Cathy
Isaac
6 posters

Go down

April 8th Empty April 8th

Post  Isaac Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:59 am

Were doing "do your own devotions" ending on Easter monday.
Please dont take this time to slack off... cause its like any other devotions so people who dont do it for a long period of time will be dealt with. As in you will have to smell Denise after she works out... and its not very nice (she doesnt use deodorant)
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

April 8th Empty Re: April 8th

Post  Isaac Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:16 pm

Im doing James with my cell group Smile
" 2 Dear brothers and sisters,[a] when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. 3 For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow."
I dont like change. I dont handle change very well. I think when Roh left it was a good test for our team and in the end our team got stronger. Lets keep that in mind...

"You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry"
Like is said in my other devo, lets know our "role" on the team. Not role as in like... Isaac is the bassist and Michael is the snitch.. aha i mean guitarist. I mean like when your asked to do something you dont want to do just be humble and understand that you wont be told to do something thats not beneficial for the team right? Denise and Hannah work hard in the background doing a lot of stuff some of us dont see, but they never complain. They understand its for the team, and not for themselves.

Have a good THURSDAY GUYS! which is like Friday muhhahahaha

-isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:45 pm

So with spring and summer approaching, I've been doing calf exercises...but I think I'm just building man muscle cause my legs look bigger than ever.. crap...
haha
So I never know where to start with these 'do your own devotions' so I decided to very uncreatively and conformistingly (yes, Im pretending its a word) also do James.
From James 5:
19My brothers, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring him back, 20remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins."
These verses really reminded me of my role as a Christian in helping others maintain their faith.. When we see others turn away from God, it can get really awkward to approach them and call them out on it, because we dont' want that person to get hurt and we just generally try to avoid awkward situations.. Unless you're an awkward turtle in which awkward environments allow you to thrive.. ahha But sometimes as Sam often says, we have to force ourselves to step out of our comfort level and ccreate those situations that can be awkward if we know that it's going to help someone else.. If you really care about the person, then you would sort of bite the bullet and go for the plunge - let them know how you feel and offer help.. And this can apply to the biggest and smalllest extremes.. Whether or not someone is completly falling out of their faith, but even for smaller things like swearing or gossip, we should continue to practice the idea of being accountable to each other Smile Cause let's not forget the consequences that can happen to that person if they don't have someone to help them get back up on their feet...

One more day of school! But it feels like this week has been SO LONGGGG Sad MAKE IT END!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:30 am

i put ma bible on a wall
got ma darts out... not

Revelation Chapter 4
Worship in Heaven...
This chapter depicts John's vision of worship in heaven
The main thing I got from this Chapter was how "whenever the living beings give glory and honor and thanks to the One sitting on the throne, the twenty-four elders fall down and worship the One sitting on the throne. And they lay their crowns before the throne and say,"
The elders fall down to worship God
People who by earthly orders are seen to have authority and power over the majority, all fall down and give their crowns as tributes to worship God.
If these people can do that, why can't we do it?
We can't let inconveniences like "I'm in a position of power" or "I'm shy" or "I'm too focused on playing the bass part and keeping the rhythm of the song" (haha) to hinder worship
We should be able to fall down and give our crowns before God
We shouldn't give ourselves excuses to not improve or not worship
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseph Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:43 am

HAHA, the new forum is very Attractive, denise i love the but chin...

So for today i did my devotions on Matthew 10....

Matthew 10 says,

v1. Jesus called his tweve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out evil spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.
v8. Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, and drive out demons. Freely you have recieve freely give.

When i rade through this passage, i found these two verses most interesting and important as you are a disciple. When you are a disciple, the Lord gives you commandments. We are all leaders, and we are also disciples of Jesus. The Lord has sent us to help others. To spread the word of God. Bringing peace to earth. Everyone is a leader. That means we are all disciples. In verses 1-8, the Lord has told his twelve disciples to heal the sickness, and the diseases that they have goten from the demons, the evil. So thats why the Lord has sent us to spread the love of God. The Lord has also commanded us to pray for them. For the sickness they have gotten. Prayer is so string. If you can pray for anything, it will happen, because God is true. I truly, strongly believe in God. Because i have been praying alot, and i have seen many changes in my life and also in others. that God is always there, he will always be there for you.

AMEN....

-joseph-
Joseph
Joseph
minion

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:43 am

Sorry about the lack of posting this past week and a half. It's just been a rough and exhausting week, which is no excuse for not posting, I know, but I have been reading them on a daily basis! Now things should wind back to normal with a number of things out of my way, haha.

Anyways...

Life has been very busy these days so I looked for a verse on strength! Smile

It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great. You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn.
Psalm 18:32-36

This verse reminded me of the bit in Ephesians about the Armor of God. I like how it describes God's strength through these different characteristics and likens strengthening us to preparing us for war. Akin to the description of the Armor of God, it's a great metaphor for how God prepares us for this constant fight with the world. My favourite part is "Your right hand sustains me", firstly because it reminds me of Romans 8:31 "If God is for us, who shall be against us?" and secondly because of the reverence with which the right hand of God is regarded, and the fact that He's willing to sustain us with that mighty hand. It means a lot. I also like where it says, "You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn." Life can get busy and tough, but God will always make a way. He never gives you a trial He doesn't think you can succeed. That's our loving God for us.

Can't wait for Friday. I've been having major church-people-withdrawal, atop of everything else. Hahahaha.

I miss you guys.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:48 am

Oh goodness. That photo is just.. spectacular.

I really like the book of Proverbs, so for the "do your own devotions" thing, I'm going to read this book.
Yesterday, April 8th, I read the first chapter. It was almost like an introduction to the rest of the book, and Solomon talks about the importance of wisdom- of learning from and teacher other people, and also choosing to fear the Lord than to live a simple, sinful life.

I don't know if this "metaphor" will work, but I've been noticing that I like to be busy (weird). At school, I used to love eating lunch in the common room while enjoying a movie- couch potato much? Anyway, with dance show coming up, every lunch, I have dance practices, and I must admit they are exhausting yet fun. While practicing, there are moves that I can't do- like flips. I mean, with practice, I might just be able to do pull them off. Anyway, I just wanted to show that what Solomon is saying is right- it's more worthwhile and rewarding to live a life with God, working to be more like Him, than to live an easy life filled with sin and temporary happiness.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down