Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galatians 5 April 9

+2
julian
Kevin
6 posters

Go down

Galatians 5 April 9 Empty Galatians 5 April 9

Post  Kevin Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:36 pm

I'm actually dying right now...
Is anyone else sick from eating..
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Galatians 5 April 9 Empty Re: Galatians 5 April 9

Post  julian Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:32 pm

I seem to be fine actually... just a little sleepy? :S I had some samgyeopsal today when I least expected it... not a fan of greasy food but was still great. A great feast to really kill the famine, for me at least. I'll keep praying for you Kevin, get better.... Sad

I'll reply back in just a bit!
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:43 pm

Much of what I understood from this chapter seemed to be repetition of the previous chapters, but there is one particular verse that I seemed to like out of all, which would be verse 6: For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision accomplishes anything; what matters is faith working through love.

As far as I would know, being circumcised was another way of saying to be pure, which is how the Jews distinguished themselves from the Gentiles (noting that it would refer to males). Those who weren't were considered to be of the impure, and so I'm sure many of them were persecuted. I guess it's similar to what Kevin said on Friday, where some people say that a certain group has to follow a set of rules and all that bureaucracy, and I believe that too is nonsense. There shouldn't be restrictions or barriers... really, tear down the walls! It's all about our own faith that needs to be growing, and we can all testify that no one reads his or her bible enough or prays hard enough. Everyone always has something to improve upon themselves... for me, that'd be acting very strict and egotistical sometimes, not out of love...

Keep it up guys, and I look forward to tomorrow. Smile
Take care.

Jules.
julian
julian
minion

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:29 pm

omg... thought food would make me feel better, but im dying too :S
ahahaha had a good 4 hour nap though ! it was the greatest AHAHA
the 30 hour famine was a good experience thoughhh; learned how hard it is to go without food ,and how priviledged we are to know what it's like to feel FULL...

ill be back to post my actual devo later , going to do my confirmation homework first >.<
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:58 pm

Hahaha, you're not alone. I've gotta do the hw as well... bad time management! Sad
julian
julian
minion

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:06 pm

i was sooo tired after but then i had congee then i got hungry like an hour later so i went to montanas and had half a burger and fries nd spinach dip Very Happy
then i came home and i was soooo full and happy then my parents waanted to go out and eat so they ordered mul naegmyun and bibim naegmyun and tangsooyuk and i had a bit of their mul and bibim and then we got home late then i ate a bit of the tangsooyook and im feelin gooooooodd cheers
hopefully you guys feel better!!! I love you what didja guys eat first? Shocked
on to my devooo!
4 For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God’s grace.
this agaainn reminds us that we cannot make ourselves right with God just by abiding the laws and trying to earn favour. God doesnt favour people more than others. he loves us all unconditionally, no less. if you do him wrong, he will get hurt, he will get anrgy, yes, but his love for us will never fail. so doing things to please him is good, but it wont make us right with God. it has to come from the heart.
22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!
if we allow the holy spirit to guide us in our lives, then our lives will be lawless because we wont have much desire to do sinful acts. This is in the perfet world however. it is extremely difficult not to sin, but doing the best we can is essentially making our lives easier for ourselves.
yeupp Smile
mann i gootta get work done Sad bye guys!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:31 am

omggg. for the whole day, I felt at the verge of throwing up. ugh.
My mom took me to the Delta hotel near my dad's work so I could eat the breakfast stuff. Starting with a blueberry muffin, orange juice, veg omlette, fruit salad, potato wedge thing-yss. and I was like, nauseous on the car ride back.
Then I got home and my mom bought congee and pork in black bean sauce and I had it all. Now, I feel so icky. Hungry but sick and so I can't eat anything properly. ): WAAAA

BUT all that aside,

1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
Although we were set free, we fall back into slavery again and again. All the materialism in our current world with the 'it's mine' or 'I have to have it' business.
I think it's especially in world we live in now, we have to stop and get away from the 'worldly' things that tie us down.

6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.
There's that point, again. About how fair and just, God is. This seems to be the main idea of Galatians.
It doesn't matter who you are or were, or how you portray yourself as long as you love God because, really, there isn't anyone else who needs to know, than God, himself.

10 I am confident in the Lord that you will take no other view. The one who is throwing you into confusion, whoever that may be, will have to pay the penalty.
I just thought this was interesting because many of us have been told, if not all, that if you sin or make a mistake, you're not going to heaven, you'll pay the price etcetc.
This verse tells us that if someone is making you unsure, THEY will pay for it. Not yourself. I just thought that was relieving.

okaaay thaaat's it! see you guys tomorrow! (:
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:17 am

okay. i am still not done my homework..
because i have so much other stuff to do...
that 4 hour nap was a mistake -.- mannnnnnn........ couldve gotten so much done in tha time! ahahahahaha
guys, i still feel gross.
when i woke up i had a granola bar, and milk, and ramyun........
but everything tasted bad for some reason....
ughhh, my appetite got ruined ... >.<

16If you are guided by the Spirit, you won't obey your selfish desires.

everything we do, should all be guided by the holy spirit.
when we make decisions, we should not soley do it for ourselves and make them by ourselves.
i was reminded of morning prayers (for those of you who went.. you'll know what ill talking about)
In proverbs 12 i think it was, it talks about how the foolish only listen to themselves and not seek guidance, while the wise seek advice.
we should not do anything out of our own selfishness.
It's smart to seek out guidance, especially if youre not too sure about some things. I find that God guides our lives in many ways.
Through personal things, through other people, and etc.
WALK THE PATH! Let's live our lives, with guidance fro mthe spirit Smile

good night guys, ill see you all tomorrow morning! Hopefully we'll all be recharged by then Razz
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:03 am

OMG, My dog Snuck under my fence and ran away when my brother was taking him out to potty while drunk so I had to go and find him...
you dont understand how scared you get when your dog keeps running away like that... Thank GOD actually that I found him safe. Well he actually came back on his own. I went out for like a good hour for no reason. When I came back and checked the back yard he was in the other side of the fence and squeezed back in... MAN~ such a mish... Oh yea and I had the most GREASY Double Whopper with heavy Cheese, Bacon, and Mayo topped with Onion Rings and also a Original Chicken sandwich with cheese and bacon at work. It was sooo Legendary... Did not have stomach problems after for some reason... I am sooo tired guys and I will post 2morrow morning

Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:01 am

Hey guys, So I woke up and thought I had some free time so imma do my devos lol

6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

I thought this verse was kinda special... The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Basically it means that no matter who you are, the only thing that matters is where your heart is at. Long time ago, people used to sacrifice animals to you their commitment to God but After Christ died for us, there was no need to sacrifice animals. And I guess it also means that Words speak louder than actions in this case lol...

I feel that the rest of the chapter is something that's been repeated over again. ha well see you guys soon
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down