Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April 9th

4 posters

Go down

April 9th Empty April 9th

Post  Isaac Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:01 am

Any fool can count the seeds in an apple. Only God can count all the apples in one seed. ~Robert H. Schuller
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

April 9th Empty Re: April 9th

Post  JacobPk Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:46 am

Yesterday i did do my devo, just didn't post it!
I did it on Ephesians 4:29

It was about how we should always encrouage, and that everything we say would be an encouragement to others!

Today's Devo
I decided to look at Jesus' crucifixion. \I did ROmans 6 v 6.
" we have known that our old sinful selves were crucified with CHrist so that sin might lose its power in our lives."
You know what, i imagined the crucifixion part being pretty bad, but imagining, taking ALL the sins of the past, the present and for those sins to be put on Jesus.That's pretty painful. And if you think about it, It's unfair. Our God, the one we always turned our backs too, never turned away, instead, he offered his own back to us. Gave up everything just for us. Unfair and stupid, but not to God and that's the best thing about him. His unconditional love was what let us to be freed fomr sin, forever! This gift os salvation, i'm sure everyone has received this grace, just a matter of accepting it.
I also wondered why CHristmas is o much more bigger than Easter?
Wouldn't the meaning of his Death be more important than the meaning of his birth?
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:56 am

Proverbs 2

Solomon talks about how to attain "wisdom in God". He says that searching for wisdom as it were silver will bring people to understand the fear of the Lord and what is just and fair. He doesn't specifically name the ways in which people can look for this wisdom, but I think that they include doing devos, praying, praising, and living every moment of your day for God.

I've been thinking about what Jacob and Isaac asked us a few weeks ago: what does worship mean to you? I think I realized what worship means to me- I'll share it here. Worship is something that you don't stop doing if you are really passionate for God. Generally, people associate music and prayer with worship, but I think worship is far more than that- it involves expressing love and respect in different ways. With this love and respect for God, people try all their lives to become more like Him. I don't know if that made any sense at all (I'm a little tired).
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:58 am

sry, came back from a party right now. Man what a night, Korean BBQ, pool, counter strike, and then ps3 lol...oh yah also watched "Haunting in Connecticut"...crap movie

Thessalonian 4 3

God's will is for you to be holy...

Everyday we live our lives, but during the day how many times do we actually consider and ponder how our actions are pleasing God? I know I am not doing so hot as I would like to. Anything we do can be a opportunity to hour God, but it is just the matter of remembering and actually thinking out the situation through. I guess we can all learn a little, and always have hat thought of a opportunity in our minds
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down