Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 13th John 6

5 posters

Go down

March 13th John 6 Empty March 13th John 6

Post  Kevin Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:22 pm

Word.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

March 13th John 6 Empty Re: March 13th John 6

Post  Kevin Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:30 pm

I'll just a share a bit from what I learned in small groups today guys!
On verse 34, the people claimed that they eat the bread that was given everyday and that it was nothing special but Jesus explains that he is the bread of life. Jesus alone should be enough for us and he is enough for us. Not only is he necessary in our lives he is enough. For him to be enough, we don't HAVE to see his miracles.

36 But you haven't believed in me even though you have seen me. 37 However, those the father has given to me will come to me, and I will never reject them.

The people in this story said to Jesus show us a miracle to prove you are the son of God. But some people weren't even skeptics, they were just stubborn. Some people saw the works of Jesus yet they CHOSE not to believe. God never forces us upon worshipping him, he gave us that choice. But Jesus states no matter what, when they come to him, he will never reject him. Everyone pretty much rejects Jesus in our lives but Jesus has such an unconditional love for us that no matter how bad we reject him, he will always accept us with open arms.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:42 pm

Hey teammmm, wudupppp. Hahaha

So today I basically got that even a small thing contribution can make a big difference whether it I'd donating money, giving up a few hours to help others and etc. A small thing is better than nothing and can possibly make a BIG impact later Smile
it reminded me a lot of Haiti last year, the few dollars that we gave up helped that country overall because we contributed to the thousands or millions of dollars donated to help rebuild their community! Smile
now Japan needs our help so let's do what we can, even if it isn't much Smile
but today I was mainly focused on confirmation...
It's a big step! I just started to grow as a Christian with my own faith a few years ago, and I know that my God is real and that Christ died on the cross for me and conquered hell for me, but to be honest I never thought about actually getting confirmed until now because I never really saw it a a thing that affected my faith or as a necessary step, but I think it's a good thing to do at the same time Smile

Have a good march break guys!
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:48 pm

sorry i didnt do devos yesterday!! i was planning on doing it with grace yesterday at her house, but then i got there and totally forgot!! :S
anywho!
from todays sermon i learned that even the tiniest thing can make all the difference. like if you jump from one cliff to the other, and you say, meh 1 mm is nothing, then you miss the cliff by one mm, and you fall, you wont think that 1mm is nothing anymore willya?! hahaha Smile yeah! and besides! if everyone has the " what is my contribution gunna do amongst ALL of these people" attitude, then nothing will change at all ,no?
yaaaahhhh sooo YAY im sleeping in tomorrowwww I love you heheeee
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:54 pm

Everyone already posted what I wanted to post... sorry I didn't do devotions yesterday either! Sad I definitely will catch up... I'll be honest, I'm hooked to Pokemon! Smile It's sad it got to this point... sigh. Oh well, enough about that...

Whatever that might seem so insignificant is SOOO POWERFUL. Day by day, if someone were to save up pennies, at the end of their life they could have up to thousands! Playing a video game for an hour might cause us to play that video game until the end of time. (In my case, I'm still into Pokemon!) I guess they might be small by themselves, but combined with time, they're powerful. Even God uses the most insignificant people (noting that a major portion of the disciples were tax collectors and even fishermen... jobs hated greatly, people treated like garbage). But God uses them in such a manner that they become so prominent.

In Ohana groups, Moses also went so far as to talk about how John was to get out of the boat. It really isn't revealed... from what he mentioned. But, he talked about whether we shouldn't think about a mediocre life... we had a great discussion yesterday, actually. He even went so far as to trust in God with strong, blind faith, and jump into that ocean that we know we'll have a great life!
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:15 am

The main message that was spread was that the smallest thing still makes a difference.
Ex a cup of water into an ocean
you may not feel or see the difference, but that cup of water can make a whole difference in the world.
Like Grace said, if we give up even 5 minutes of our time for God, it can make a huge impact in life.
So the main idea of his sermon was to spend more time with God because it can change your lifestyle and the way you look at God.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down