Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 6 - John 5.

+4
DunNo
josephpaik
Kevin
julian
8 posters

Go down

March 6 - John 5. Empty March 6 - John 5.

Post  julian Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:24 am

Hey all!

Great meeting today for Viet food... was awesome.. Hopefully we plan another one in the future! Rehearsal went well... and I finally got paid for the last few gigs I had. The only bad thing now is I have a little French assignment to do, a World Issues writeup, and World Issues and Economics tests on Tuesday. It might be a little tough of a week than usual but then again... the break's about to come, right? Wink

Anyway, I'll get on to the reflection... I'm amazed I'm starting this topic at what, 10:15 PM? Early, guys... early! Smile

The main focus that Moses made was the idea of testimony. How did the bible come together? Of course, people wrote each book... according to how their lives were played by God and how he worked powerfully in them. In other words, the bible is a book of many other peoples' testimonies!

I sorta forgot some of the other things Moses talked about... I'm sorry guys!

I will add a little bit of things that I feel are important.

The interesting thing worth noting is that from verses 16 to 23, it's about the persecution of Christ. The Jews decide to kill him because they feel as though he's sinning by being blasphemous to God (not knowing he is), considering that the breaking of the Sabbath was almost an insult to God, but then again... part of verse 23, in my bible (Holman Christian Std.) says this - Anyone who does NOT honor the Son does NOT honour the father who sent him.

Another verse that will be my prayer for today is verse 30:

I can do nothing on my own. I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is righteous, because I do not seek my Own will, but the will of him who sent me.

This almost goes back to Proverbs 3:5: Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding...

I feel that we need to continue depending on God, realizing when we do nothing on our own. Billy mentioned on Friday that we can continue running, and God will never find us... it's not the right solution, clearly. It's a tough solution to depend on God when we're in the weakest moment, but because we're in that state, we realize that we have to seek God's desires as opposed to ours - Be the person that God intended you to be.

That's all... I'm going back to my work!

- Jules.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

March 6 - John 5. Empty Re: March 6 - John 5.

Post  Kevin Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:39 am

So yeah I also forgot a lot about today's sermon ahhaha.
What I do remember Moses saying was that How do we get to know God? Most of us from our parents but another way is to read scripture. That's how we get to know what our God is like and I thought about it and remembered how lucky we are that we are able to read scripture. Pastor Daniel Joo once told me that he went to missions and "smuggled" bibles into the country because they weren't allowed bibles in that country. Imagine if we lived in a place like that where we were unable to worship God and if we did, we would have to do it in secrecy. Really take advantage of the fact that we are able to come together on Sundays for worship and that we are able to gain knowledge and understand God's word.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:10 am

From todays sermon i learned that there are many ways to meet God.
-read scripture
-pray
-worship
-etc

When pastor Moses asked the congregation who read scripture daily and only the people on praise team raised their hands, i was like oh my.
I realize that now that i read scripture i'm getting to understand how God works a bit more. So i encourage us to help others meet God through ways too. It doesnt have to be through reading or praying, it can be while having the time of your life, playing games if you think about it. God is everything and everything we do should be for GOD
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:12 am

I zone out for most of his sermons, so I apologize for that. I'll try to pay attention.
so for now, I'll just do it on a verse that stood out to me.

14 A little later Jesus found him in the Temple and said, "You look wonderful! You're well! Don't return to a sinning life or something worse might happen."

This verse was Jesus talking to the man he just healed. He is warning him not to be sinful or something worse than his sickness might come to him. I think that if this relates to us, our sickness was sin, and Jesus healed us from it, but if we fall back into it, Jesus already warned about something worse. Rather than taking this as a punishment or a threat, I think we should take it as motivation to try and be more thankful of Jesus, and try our best for him, because he went as far as to warn us about the punishment that comes from sinning.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:36 am

for his sermon today i learned that the bible is made out of other peoples testimonies and that God chooses not to tell us of his glory by himself. I t\dont think that moses mentioned this but i unno, i think that God chooses this way because it makes it more believable when many people tell others about him and not him about himself. yknow? like it would kinda be like he was showing off? and yeah im not sure, hahah i also learned that the bible helps us build a relationship with God, and without it, it is terribly hard to believe and go to heaven. its preccccciioouuuuss I love you hardy harr Smile
kayy night guys!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:00 am

I'm really tired and my brain isn't really working so I'll try and be as precise as I can.
Moses talked a lot about testimony, specifically, him wanting US to be his testimony. I remember he said something along the lines of how he could have made something amazing and spectacular happen all around the world to make people believe him, but he didn't because of this.
He also mentioned something about natural (how nature makes us feel there has to be a God), Jesus (miracles) and written (bible) revelations.

Alright, I'm off to finish work too! (:
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:00 am

Hey guys, sorry for doing it soo late, I fell asleep with my dog downstairs after work aha

well I feel like I haven't been in a sermon for a while. ahaha And iunno, When Moses said the bible
was made up of people's testimonies really struck me, especially these days I was able to understand that
a lot more. to be honest, When I first did my devo with you guys like on fridays, it was very nerve wrecking
and hard to focus cuz I don't think that came out of my heart. But when I gave shared with you guys on
on our last practice, I didn't prepare anything but It was a lot easier and natural, if anything more powerful
and meaningful because I was basically giving my heart out (testimony). And I realized, The bible should be
so much more powerful, it isn't JUST a book, it's GOD's words and also the heart of many people. And we shouldn't
think of our daily devos as like homework, but see it as a chance to let your heart out.

That is all.
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:51 am

Hello team! So to be honest I didn't get TOO much from his sermon, but I got that people mostly learn about God through other people, our lives are living testimonies! It kind of goes in hand with what I said in devos about how we should all watch our actions and make sure that what we do, reflects God positively!
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down