Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 20 - John 7:

+4
Esther
josephpaik
Kevin
julian
8 posters

Go down

March 20 - John 7: Empty March 20 - John 7:

Post  julian Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:49 pm

Hey all... time to cram some intense work into one night. Go, go, go! It's a shame we couldn't go out to eat... but nothing beats free food, eh? ;D

There were many things that we read about, but Moses simplified it into this - upon Jesus' arrival, there were three kinds of people. Profit-driven people, Despisers, and Followers. Falling asleep for a bit when I got back home, I forgot quite a lot about what Moses talked about. But this is what came into MY head. I need your responses, guys! Razz

There might be people who simply like Christ's presence, maybe to use for business. If Jesus' miracles were so popular, then people would be able to make a grand sum of money from doing so - and despite what race it might be, this is essentially true for anyone. Profit is one motive that drives everyone. Virtually 90% of the things that go around in our heads are about OURSELVES. After all, it's so easy to be carried out with so much more of us rather than with God. It's because of this that I prayed on Friday, 'Less of us, and more of You.'

Another would simply be the despisers - (doesn't seem to be a word though... strange.) people who simply want to lead people away from Christ, to find out their own truth, or even more than that, a RATIONALIZATION. I guess the despiser could be compared to the modern Atheist skeptic (especially my friend, named Truthofthepeople on Youtube, please see what he's talking about... it's insane - mentioned in the Randoms section.). I guess the majority of them try to find truth without Christ - but we know that the truth has been with God, and it IS God. And we all have our own friends who are skeptical about what we do. My friend with his youtube account is just one example. I mean, God tells us to work miracles in this city, right? And during Ohana, I'm pretty sure Moses talked about him being a missionary. And aren't we called to follow that road too?

The final type, I believe, is the group of followers. Being a follower of Christ isn't simple. It's pretty clear, after having been trying and trying. No one is perfect, and we are all people with faults, so it is the challenge we are offered, though it is difficult. Because it's the highest honour to serve Christ, it's that difficult to maintain such a heart. I remember Sam's last sermon with us, talking about how our entire life is a marathon, and even though we might fall and stop, God is still with us. It's his plan for all of us to be true followers of Christ - living sacrifices, as we read from Romans and 1 Corinthians. And even Moses talked about the example of the baseball field. We've finished first, second, and third... now it's the time to run to the home plate.

Take care guys, have a blessed night, and GOD BLESS,

Julian.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

March 20 - John 7: Empty Re: March 20 - John 7:

Post  Kevin Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:37 pm

Ehh Julian, acutally I think that there were four types of people ahahha. There were Admirers, Advisors, Despisers, and Followers. I liked how these types of people were mentioned and what we should be. We should be the ones that follow Jesus' ways. The people that try to be more like Jesus instead of being admirers, the ones that like Jesus and his ministry but don't like his followers.

10 However, after his brothers had left for the Feast, he went also, not publicly, but in secret.

I wanted to point out this verse because we as followers can apply this to our lives. Jesus did all the miracles and he went to feast, but he did so secret so that everyone would be around him. He acted very humbly. Another verse in the bible states that when you are fasting, instead of having a weary face, put some oil on your face and look lively. Somewhere along those words anyways. But the bottom line is, don't do things for attention or to be labled as a "good Christian" The man who is fasting and purposely puts on a tired face for attention definitely gets less glory from God than the man who fasts with a smile on his face so that people may not know he is fasting. The things we do for God are for God and him only, no one else.

Have fun at school guys... bahahahha
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Thanks for correcting me Kevin!... I forgot a lot about it, even though I was reading it! Smile I'm feeling a little sick right now.... well, at least I posted what I knew rather than saying I didn't know anything Smile
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:24 pm

lmao i honestly didnt get much cause i was so down that my voice cracked like 50 times...
so i just drew most of the time.

But what i did get was the four types of people. Like kevin and julian said, there were admirers, advisers, despisers, and followers.
Admirers being the people who admire and look up to God for everything for example being us. We go to God for anything and feel better about it after we talk to him about our situation.
Advisers can also be us, example being kevin. advising us to maybe play a song THIS way so that it is more suitable for the congregation and for Sundays. Making the congregation not have to worry about hearing something different which drifts them away from praising.
Despisers may also be us too. We may think that we are greater than others because we are on a stage playing an instrument when they are just a crowd. We are all the same just leaders of Worship who build the structure FOR praise.
and the Followers, also revolving around us. We follow in Gods footsteps and with his ways we should spread them to others.

All these characteristics include us so we shouldn't judge because we are all the same.

EZ CUT SCENES FROM THE 50 50
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:25 pm

I actually don't remember too much about this weeks sermon. :$

All I really remember is that there are four types of people.
Advisors, Admirers, Despisers and Followers.
And that Jesus was humble and secretive. He wasn't secretive because he was ashamed of God but because he knew that he was not doing what he did for fame, or power but only for God. So, basically, there's no need to show off your talents and love of God because it should only matter what God thinks.

OKAY, THAT'S ALL. SORRY!
I hope everyone has a good week! (:
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:33 pm

Today's sermon was somewhat of a long one, but the point Moses tried to make is clear, that we should all yearn to be followers rather than the other people. There are 4 types of people affiliated with Christ: The Admirers, Advisors, Despiser's, and Followers. Most people know Jesus existed. Even atheists acknowledge his existence. They know that Jesus died on the cross, but they refuse to acknowledge that Jesus was sent from God to rid us of our sin. Admirers are all around us. They admire Jesus because they know he was a good person. I think what gets most confused is the Admirers and the Followers. As followers, we do admire Jesus, but what separates us from Admirers, is that we try to be like him, because through him was our salvation. As a christian we have to prove ourselves to God and no one else. If we show off our good christian ways, we should never do it to show that we are a good christian. It should be to promote Jesus and how he saved us. I think that was the most important part of the chapter. We should never boast our christianity for our sake, but rather for God.

Kevin... you left ur confirmation hw at my house...
and Jennifer... Sorry for that punch...

DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul 폴 Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:04 am

Okays, I'm back to doing devos......>.<"
I'm sorry for the past weeks, even months, my head wasn't in the game lately, but who am I to judge, you guys and girls do devos AND practice on top of this, so, I just want to say sorry.
^I doubt this will satisfy you peops. *peops = short form of 'people'*

Today's sermon was kind of long, but, I thought, very powerful. In this world of Christianity, there are four kinds of peops; Advisers, Admirers, Despisers, and Followers.
Advisers are like the peops with the business kind of minds. They're the ones who tries to use something special and make it into profit, in this case, they would want to use Jesus' miracles and use it for their benefits.
Admirers are peops who like Jesus' doings, they think that Jesus is helpful to us, they literally want him(maybe not 'literally' but they just like really want to touch Jesus Christ [sounded so wrong]). It kind of leads into Followers.
Despisers are peops who think badly of Jesus Christ. They think that what Jesus is doing is wrong, they think He's just deceiving others, He's not the one that will bring peace, etc.
Followers are those who learn from Jesus and adapt His way of life.
These are all essential to us, 'cause we are Christians, and before what we do and tell others about Jesus Christ and Christianity, we need to look back into our lives and ask ourselves, "What am I to Jesus?" If we don't do that, then we are just lost to ourselves, and frankly, we're hypocrites, practically.

I hope that this won't be the last of me, and I pray that you peops won't let me off easy, 'cause really, I feel like I need to be punished for this. I feel like I pushed Jesus Christ and God into a corner for some time now, and I want to be back, I want to pull Them back, and I pray that you will help me.
Paul 폴
Paul 폴
minion

Number of posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:24 am

my face hurts when i touch it D: haha
its alright jeremy xD
so today i learned--like we all did-- that there are 4 types of people. there are admirers, despisers, advisors, and followers.
i remember moses saying that all of His miracles so far were performed in Galille, the "saskatchewan of canada" because He knew that doing it in the main part of the city would only bring "fame" to Him, and that was not what he desired. He was really humble, so, he decided to performed them in Galille. He wanted to pull genuine followers from the crowd, but if he did it in the heart of the nation, he knew He would mostly end up with admirers, despisers, advisors, and ingenuine (is that a word?!) followers.
i think all in all ive learned to not make spreading God's word a commercial thing or something you have to make look pretty to others. do it humbly. in a way that people will grow in christ on their own with just a small seed that you planted in their hearts. thats how Jesus did it, and thats how we should do it.
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:20 pm

LOL so yeah like all of you i got that there are four types of people... and im trying to figure out which one i am from the four Razz
but i didnt really get too much from this sermon... i just remember him saying "business mind" a lot, and how we need to remember the true reason of why Jesus came down from heaven to earth.
ill be back to do todays devos laterrrr ~~~

Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content